R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-05-2002, 10:55 PM   #136
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by ernestf
well, i wonder why RC Car Action give NTC3 the name of "car of 2001" but not Reflex NT !
Associated sticker is faster then Trinity sticker?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 10:57 PM   #137
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ernestf

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

Associated sticker is faster then Trinity sticker?
i'm not sure. but i definitely dont like NTC3 cuz it is copy cat of TC3 !!!! how can a copy cat work ????? i like original design and T R I N I T Y do the right thing !
ernestf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 11:08 PM   #138
Tech Champion

Quote:

i'm not sure. but i definitely dont like NTC3 cuz it is copy cat of TC3 !!!! how can a copy cat work ????? i like original design and T R I N I T Y do the right thing !
but you just said NTC3 is car of the year 2001?? so i wonder if the copy cat of reflex NT is the real winner instead? I am considering to remove the reflex fuel tank and chassis now !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 10:53 AM   #139
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10

I saw Berry yesterday at Revelation, he is now driving NTC3 with OS engine!
Man he is so fast and consistant, every single lap the lines are exactly the same! I wish I could drive like him!
Yeah that new OS 12 looks good. I dont know what the street price is, it better not be the same as RBs etc.
But wasnt Barry driving the GT-4 spring 2001? My sales rep @ Ofna said he tqed Barry, then Barry got the GT-4 set up and smoked everyone in the A main.
Foger Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 02:56 PM   #140
Tech Elite

I saw THE FUNNIEST advertising campaign ever in the latest RCCA magazine for the reflex. There are a bunch of CAD style pics of the car and a bit of text, and on the right hand side of the ad is a big sign saying "Born in the USA". I almost wet myself laughing. I wonder which actual parts were "born" in the USA? Mayby the box?

It is a Japanese car (V1R) with Taiwanese parts (KFactory) serveral of which are having a factory recall done on them (rear brace and universals) with GPM plastic arms and bulkheads (Hong Kong) and a Serpent two speed (Netherlands). Granted there may be a plastic part or two that they had to manufacture themselves Funny part is that the other "Born in the USA" car the NTC3 is also getting hyped beyond all belief. I am sure both of these cars are pretty good, but give it a break with the ridiculous amount of hype about them.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 05:16 PM   #141
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by Foger Rox

Yeah that new OS 12 looks good. I dont know what the street price is, it better not be the same as RBs etc.
But wasnt Barry driving the GT-4 spring 2001? My sales rep @ Ofna said he tqed Barry, then Barry got the GT-4 set up and smoked everyone in the A main.
When I saw him the other day he was running NTC3!

Honestly with his talent, I am also certain that no matter what car he drives within the class he will still smoke everyone! Also I was told when he races at Crystal Park he laps everyone at least by 5 laps in A-Main(meaning roughly around 21 to 22 laps).

I think if he drives a T-Maxx in 1/10 Touring Class and he still would beat everyone!

Last edited by Ah10; 01-10-2002 at 11:27 AM.
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 05:38 PM   #142
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ernestf

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
I saw THE FUNNIEST advertising campaign ever in the latest RCCA magazine for the reflex. There are a bunch of CAD style pics of the car and a bit of text, and on the right hand side of the ad is a big sign saying "Born in the USA". I almost wet myself laughing. I wonder which actual parts were "born" in the USA? Mayby the box?

It is a Japanese car (V1R) with Taiwanese parts (KFactory) serveral of which are having a factory recall done on them (rear brace and universals) with GPM plastic arms and bulkheads (Hong Kong) and a Serpent two speed (Netherlands). Granted there may be a plastic part or two that they had to manufacture themselves Funny part is that the other "Born in the USA" car the NTC3 is also getting hyped beyond all belief. I am sure both of these cars are pretty good, but give it a break with the ridiculous amount of hype about them.
Maybe it is true !
Reflex NT is born in USA, and its parent V1R (Japanese) has immigrated to USA, get married with Taiwanese (or HKese, or Netherlandese, who's know ! ) and then gave it a BORN IN USA.
ernestf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 05:43 PM   #143
Tech Adept

Wait, 1st I heard 2 laps, then 3 , now 5 laps, . I heard Baker is so sick, he will give new-moania. :wink:
One of our competitors, a hobby shop 30 minutes north of us in NJ, they like the GT-4, but are not hot on the Reflex.
I dont understand how one can make those judgements when not a lot of Yoks are out there yet, and the Reflex is SOOoo new.
Have any of you guys in SoCaL seen the Ofna guys testing a 1/10th? Something that might "look" like an OB4?
Old 01-06-2002, 05:55 PM   #144
Tech Elite

Quote:

Maybe it is true !
Reflex NT is born in USA, and its parent V1R (Japanese) has immigrated to USA, get married with Taiwanese (or HKese, or Netherlandese, who's know ! ) and then gave it a BORN IN USA.
LMAO
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 02:57 PM   #145
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

The Reflex is an American as Fried Rice.........

Ok so maybe it is a little American, Like AMG said, the BOX.....

So its more like fried rice with a little tomato ketsup...
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 08:57 AM   #146
Tech Initiate

I have seen an Ofna team driver driving a GT-4 and he was all smiles.

Last edited by FRANK; 01-09-2002 at 09:14 AM.
FRANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 12:48 PM   #147
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Any word on this car yet other than where it was made???Or where everyone says it is made??? I am interested to hear any new news on how the car works and or nay downfalls of the car. Thanks I am shopping for a new Nitro TC and am debating between the TC3 and the Reflex.
dan-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 01:44 PM   #148
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Will The Real Slim Shady Please Stand Up?

Ok...I am sitting here, reading this entire Reflex thread,after just finishing reading RCCA's article on the car...OMG!!! All these comparisons to what ya'll say is the original design...The K-Factory
V-1R...I dunno...but it seems to me, that the "Real Slim Shady" would be the Ofna N-OB4!!! Maybe my sense of timing is totally incorrect...but I do believe it was released well before the K-car...and as some semblance of evidence to support my theory, I offer this...mind you, this is merely circumstancial...BUUTTTTT...
The N-OB4 was reviewed by RCCA in Nov-2000...V-1R was reviewed 9/01...nearly a year later?Sorry guys, I my N-OB4,and as stated...i do believe IT is the original....if I am wrong...
well...WHO REALLY CARES??? lol
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 06:45 PM   #149
Tech Adept

The HPi forum has a huge thread on the Reflex, with visits by Chris Smith who has been driving it in So Cal for a while now. It comes with Alloy pulleys, carbon etc. Good deal, is it better than the Yok Gt-4, or the Mugen, or Serpent, I dunno.
If the Ob4 had a solid rear available that would help Ofna, If Ofnas plastic was a little stiffer, that would help. I got the Delrin rear arms for my Ob4, like $70 list. I manage a LHS so I didnt pay that, but still. But then the Yok doesnt have a clutch type 2spd, Motorman says his 12s will rip up the yok 2spd hubs (lever type). And getting Yok parts, so the Reflex is Trinity. In NJ, so am I.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:44 PM   #150

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

I worked by email with Chris Smith and a couple other people with the TC3 Trinity conversion. About a year or so ago Chris emailed me all hell bent on the V1R and tried to talk me into buying one! Now look what he and Raul has come up with! Reflex or is it Recopied!!
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote