R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-14-2006, 12:10 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

I think this all depends on your skill level don't get me wrong I'm no expert and Have only been racing 1/8 since about Easter least year. And it's true your can have a stock motor (say a 321p) and guy that has a supa mod engine. If your car is easy to drive etc, chances are you can do fairly well. Some times too much power is trouble. That's my 2 cents worth.
Runnertime
Hudy
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:12 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian
well there is but can you get what it is that the engine is mod for ? a fine tuned stock engine out the box is fast properly tuned and car set up to handle the power.some times you can go faster with and out of box engine then a mod motor . because you get the power to the ground and not just spinning tires. and your lap time mite be lower when doing this . my 2 cents
if you can't get around the track without spinning tires, you would do yourself a favor by going to a slower class and working you're way up.
my track has a 280' back straight and a total centerline of just under 1300'.
mods do make a difference on a big track.
sedanaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:44 AM   #18
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanaddict
if you can't get around the track without spinning tires, you would do yourself a favor by going to a slower class and working you're way up.
my track has a 280' back straight and a total centerline of just under 1300'.
mods do make a difference on a big track.
the post was not to say that mod engine don"t work it was to say if you can not tune one how can you say its fast . there is a lot more than having a mod engine that makes you fast. and going to a slower class will not help if you can not set up your car ,and that goes for a big track also. so what i said about spinning tires is about set up !!!! and putting the power to the ground .
Old 02-14-2006, 11:38 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian
the post was not to say that mod engine don"t work it was to say if you can not tune one how can you say its fast . there is a lot more than having a mod engine that makes you fast. and going to a slower class will not help if you can not set up your car ,and that goes for a big track also. so what i said about spinning tires is about set up !!!! and putting the power to the ground .
i have no argument with that. I have seen slower drivers get a little faster with a faster motor. maybe on a smaller track it might make them (or me ) go slower, but on a big flowing track it helps almost everybody.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #20
Tech Master

ha sedanaddict don"t forget about gearing and the right pipe and header combo for that fast long full throttle track
Old 02-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #21
Tech Master

ha sedanaddict are you close to the cincinnati track ? first race is may 6-7 right?
Old 02-14-2006, 02:19 PM   #22
Tech Regular

i am about 3.5 miles from the track. the first race is april 23rd. we have our test and tune the day before. we are hosting the on road roar nats this year in october. i can't wait!
Old 02-14-2006, 03:05 PM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanaddict
i am about 3.5 miles from the track. the first race is april 23rd. we have our test and tune the day before. we are hosting the on road roar nats this year in october. i can't wait!
i will be down there for the nats this year i can"t wait too.
i will be at some of the midwest series races this year too
Old 02-14-2006, 04:15 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide_228
The reason I ask this question is becuase I usually will buy 4-5 engines for one racing season and it is now shopping time. I used to run NR and have pretty good results with them. It seems for the past few years NR engines and its deritives (JP, RB, MAX etc) quality is getting quite inconsistent. We have guys with 10 years + experience (including myself) will have broken crank, sleeve breakage, piston breakage etc. Something that shud not have happened. I have moved away from NR for last season and stayed with Sirio which is a very good engine (not very popular in the US) and will stay for the time being. Meanwhile I have talked to the guys who raced WC last year and they have good comments on this engine, may be NR is back on track and I will try one since they are still the big brother of 21 engines. With Ninja/GRP and new Sirio models I think this year's engine war will be getting hotter than ever.
I suggest you wait for the new GRP produced engines either BOSS, Ninja or Falcon. The quality is something impressive, should be out on the market by April.....
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:33 AM   #25
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Isn't it JP is only do OS engine this year...? (contract expired with Nova Rossi).....I think I saw the new JP mod OS 21 V-spec, even though that is for OFF-ROAD only.

Solara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:27 AM   #26
Tech Master

rookie there are a lot of things in the air about jp lets see