R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Agent Send a message via Yahoo to Agent

I'm hearing what you guys are saying about the TC3 being fragile, but to be perfectly honest with you, my first time ever at the track, ever, and with this car to boot, I must have hit EVERY wall at the track, at least once. I've flipped it over the s curves about 3 times by hitting a certain corner too hard, and the only thing that was broke at the end of the day (4 and a half hours, and 12 tanks of fuel) was the servo horn. (no exageration) and that was due to me not putting the right horn on when I put the new servo in. I used a horn that wasn't set back from servo far enough, and the ball that I used had threads that were too big for the horn, andd caused a little crack... After the end of the day my final lap, I ended up whacking the wall and all the abuse finally caught up to me and cracked the end where the ball goes into the horn. I do not blame the car for this in anyway. I understand all of you saying it isn't strong enough to handle the track, but I can't see it being abused any more than with a complete newbie to the track on his first day.

I think if I can figure out how to really set up a car, I should be able to be somewhat competitive with this car at the relatively small track that is local. However, in a few months when I get some more cash I do want to get an MTX-4. But until then, I think I will be ok with this car. When I get the Mugen, I'll put the TZ on that, and buy a cheap 18cvr for this car and turn it into a basher so me and my girlfriend will both have one. (she has the rs4 3, and I have a super nitro that I race parking lot with)

I really appreciate all your help. But a few people hit it on the head with the parts. The local track is 95% set up for electric, and 80% of their parts are for the tc3, which are mostly compatible with my Nitro. If anything does eventually break, which it doesn't look like I will have a problem with, I would be better with this than anything and as soon as I start racing at other clubs, I can definately see a MTX4 for my birthday present in July...

Thanks for everything!

WTB: Hitec X4 AC charger
Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:01 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent
I'm hearing what you guys are saying about the TC3 being fragile, but to be perfectly honest with you, my first time ever at the track, ever, and with this car to boot, I must have hit EVERY wall at the track, at least once. I've flipped it over the s curves about 3 times by hitting a certain corner too hard, and the only thing that was broke at the end of the day (4 and a half hours, and 12 tanks of fuel) was the servo horn. (no exageration) and that was due to me not putting the right horn on when I put the new servo in. I used a horn that wasn't set back from servo far enough, and the ball that I used had threads that were too big for the horn, andd caused a little crack... After the end of the day my final lap, I ended up whacking the wall and all the abuse finally caught up to me and cracked the end where the ball goes into the horn. I do not blame the car for this in anyway. I understand all of you saying it isn't strong enough to handle the track, but I can't see it being abused any more than with a complete newbie to the track on his first day.

I think if I can figure out how to really set up a car, I should be able to be somewhat competitive with this car at the relatively small track that is local. However, in a few months when I get some more cash I do want to get an MTX-4. But until then, I think I will be ok with this car. When I get the Mugen, I'll put the TZ on that, and buy a cheap 18cvr for this car and turn it into a basher so me and my girlfriend will both have one. (she has the rs4 3, and I have a super nitro that I race parking lot with)

I really appreciate all your help. But a few people hit it on the head with the parts. The local track is 95% set up for electric, and 80% of their parts are for the tc3, which are mostly compatible with my Nitro. If anything does eventually break, which it doesn't look like I will have a problem with, I would be better with this than anything and as soon as I start racing at other clubs, I can definately see a MTX4 for my birthday present in July...

Thanks for everything!
Good luck with your NTC3 you have your work cut out with that car.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:11 AM   #18
Tech Adept

gosh I hope not! Its been running very well lately, so hopefully it will continue... But the more that I look at the MTX-4, the more I want one.. I don't think it will be long!

Old 02-04-2006, 10:34 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent
gosh I hope not! Its been running very well lately, so hopefully it will continue... But the more that I look at the MTX-4, the more I want one.. I don't think it will be long!
hopefully you have MTX4 sooner than you think.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:18 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rx7matt

Hi I am new here i need a little help. I have a MTX-4 and am looking for replacement parts. Where is the best place? Towerhobbies has nothing neither ace hardware hobbies. Please help. Thanks
rx7matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:38 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

NTC3 is a good and more then enough RACE CAR (for ROAR or local club race)...parts are easy to get (almost any LHS sell parts for NTC3) and to get to the race form, you need the carbon side brace by 3racing or K-Factory, the fix, AE dual chamber pipe and header, rear exhaust engine like OS 12 TR (that you already know).........then a lot of practice.

We have a lot of local A main are running NTC3....car is not really like made in paper, but it does required some maintenance like gears need to be grease and diff need to be check.....thats all.

Once you have realized that you cannot seems to be improve anymore (I doubt that will happen....anything can get better as long as you know how) but most likely you want a new ride....definitely MUGEN MTX4 or Serpent...those are the A-MAIN ride.....but they are no RTR, those required a lot of RC knowledge behind the wheel and tons of setup will be required.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:03 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Whats "the fix" and whats the carbon side bracing?

Old 02-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7matt
Hi I am new here i need a little help. I have a MTX-4 and am looking for replacement parts. Where is the best place? Towerhobbies has nothing neither ace hardware hobbies. Please help. Thanks
Go here www.ashfordhobby.com/ This is where I get alot of my stuff. Also look at the 301 raceway thread. He is going to stock most of the stuff for the Mugen and Kyosho cars. I hope to see you running there. It is in Brandywine MD.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote