R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Nurnburg Toy Fair "Serpent Shows F1 Car" (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/100301-nurnburg-toy-fair-serpent-shows-f1-car.html)

Doug M 02-02-2006 12:28 PM

Nurnburg Toy Fair "Serpent Shows F1 Car"

2 Attachment(s)
Serpent Motorsports is showing a Formula 1 car at the 2006 Nurnburg Toy Fair. February 2nd was the first day of the show and I spotted these photos from the www.radiocontrol.gr link.

This car must be something special. That is Juraj Hudy, owner and designer of Xray cars and Hudy Tools on the other side of the display case getting an up close and personal view.

Obviously from the pictures we can see the car has front and rear push rod suspension, two speed transmission, Centax clutch, laydown engine and awesome realistic rubber F1 tires.

Can anyone else see any special features that I am missing?

ogreasurada 02-02-2006 12:36 PM

Why.........they keep making F1 RC car........4WD...........

Dan D 02-02-2006 12:51 PM

Thats pretty sweet what scale is that? that would be cool if they proformed like the 1/8th scale cars it would be a class i'd get into

C Verano 02-02-2006 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Doug M
Serpent Motorsports is showing a Formula 1 car at the 2006 Nurnburg Toy Fair. February 2nd was the first day of the show and I spotted these photos from the www.radiocontrol.gr link.

This car must be something special. That is Juraj Hudy, owner and designer of Xray cars and Hudy Tools on the other side of the display case getting an up close and personal view.

Obviously from the pictures we can see the car has front and rear push rod suspension, two speed transmission, Centax clutch, laydown engine and awesome realistic rubber F1 tires.

I want one.:)

Miki01 02-02-2006 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by ogreasurada
Why.........they keep making F1 RC car........4WD...........

Probably for driveability. Since I see that guys who mod their Tamiya F201 cars for RWD use only often spin out a lot compared to when using 4WD...

captian 02-02-2006 01:51 PM

when it be on the market . that will be a hot class

carkillaii 02-02-2006 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by C Verano
I want one.:)

Me Too :sneaky: :tire:

_cyclops_ 02-02-2006 01:59 PM

2wd would be good.. since it simply is harder to drive but easey on the materials, tyre wear etc... :)

Paolo M 02-02-2006 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Miki01
Probably for driveability. Since I see that guys who mod their Tamiya F201 cars for RWD use only often spin out a lot compared to when using 4WD...

The Car is 2WD, but brakes in all 4 wheels like a real race car

captian 02-02-2006 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Paolo M
The Car is 2WD, but brakes in all 4 wheels like a real race car

so does it have a disk brake up front ? from the pics i see dog bones up front

Doug M 02-02-2006 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by captian
so does it have a disk brake up front ? from the pics i see dog bones up front

I enlarged the picture and can see the brake plates for the front brake rotor. It is located between the front bulkheads. It appears the front drive shafts allow for the front disc brakes to be mounted inboard without a lot of tricky brake linkage being involved. I can see no transmission of power to the front wheels from the rear drive by belt or shaft, so it realy is two wheel drive with four wheel braking. Someone is very clever. :tire:

nitro_racer23 02-02-2006 06:49 PM

Still not as good as the 1/5 F1 from H.A.R.M that is the closest you will come to F1 without getting in one and driving it.

2WD 4 disc brakes much like this one but powered by hydraulic line, 23cc modified (whipper snipper) engine, clutch as big as your fist,some have magnetic differentials in rear, 500 cc tank lasts half an hour, gets up to around 100km/ph which is quick for something that big.

I think from memory weighs around 10 kg, much like all the 1/5 cars from bergonzoni,harm,lauderbacher etc. but F1 shape and style

Ivan Dickson 02-02-2006 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Doug M

Nice. :nod: :tire: :tire:

Artificial-I 02-02-2006 07:18 PM

Nice lay down engine. Ill take one please. They should do that on a current touring car.

Tabushi 02-02-2006 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Nice lay down engine. Ill take one please. They should do that on a current touring car.

The GT-6 car that was on prototype by Yokomo for 200mm nitro racing they used on the pre-worlds in Brazil used to have that same laydown engine configuration ...