Old 02-04-2006, 03:46 PM   #61
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridder
Looks very , very good!

The future looks orange:
-The Dutch A1GP team runs a orange car
-Mercedes McLaren F1 runs orange bodies now
-Last but not least: Serpent launches a 1:8 F1 car...and the body colour has to be orange ofcourse...

Some time ago I read an article about a guy who was building a car like that, with the same laydown engine design. But AFAIK not the same refinement (brakes, suspension) as the Serpent.
I wonder how long it takes before we will see copies from the east...

Next week it will be on MyTSN.....
Paolo..you announced new improved conrods for the ZX12 some time ago...I don't hear much about it anymore, and no announcement on myTSN.
I put you announcement from here on the myTSN forum (many people were complaining about the conrods....) but didn't see any reaction.
Too busy with the F1 car?
Don't know why is not on MyTSN. We have it and use it already since late December.

F1 looks sweet
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 03:50 PM   #62
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi
Paolo,

Hi, how are you ...

My friend, Serpent is thinking on start a racing class with this chassis or it oriented just as "luxury toy" ? ... cause if its for racing i will have to go back to onroad man !!

cya !
Hey Pato whre you at now?!!

We will like but who knows if is possible. I mean, when we did the Impulse, we did not know that the sedan class was about to become what is today.
For sure will not be just a toy, we will support the car with spares , etc. etc, and we have some other promotional plans.

See ya my friend
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #63
Tech Addict

I can't wait to see this thing
jhigga15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:59 AM   #64
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Serpent F180 Prototype

It's 2WD. 1/7 scale and its great. Double brake infront and aluminium one piece block front and rear. One the Serpent's track rans just 1.5-2 seconds slower than 1/8. It will be available on Summer.
Attached Thumbnails
Nurnburg Toy Fair "Serpent Shows F1 Car"-dsc02172.jpg   Nurnburg Toy Fair "Serpent Shows F1 Car"-dsc02173.jpg   Nurnburg Toy Fair "Serpent Shows F1 Car"-dsc02174.jpg   Nurnburg Toy Fair "Serpent Shows F1 Car"-dsc02182.jpg   Nurnburg Toy Fair "Serpent Shows F1 Car"-dsc02200.jpg  

virtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:03 AM   #65
Tech Rookie

More photos
Attached Thumbnails
Nurnburg Toy Fair "Serpent Shows F1 Car"-dsc02201.jpg   Nurnburg Toy Fair "Serpent Shows F1 Car"-dsc02380.jpg  
virtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #66
Tech Addict

The only thing that I don't like is where the exhaust is, it looks like your tires and the wholer rear is going to be way to messy...
Old 02-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #67
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigga15
The only thing that I don't like is where the exhaust is, it looks like your tires and the wholer rear is going to be way to messy...
Actually, very good point...messy is NOT what I concern....oil usually coming out from the exhaust, isn't that a horrible scene that RWD's rear tires mixed with oil? (I know my NTC3 with a broken pipe had the similar problem at 1 time before untill I found out oil all over the rear suspension...)
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:13 PM   #68
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see...
I like...
I want...

T
sharkonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #69
Tech Addict

They should make the pipe go out the back uver the belt some how (so it's high), it also would be cool if the air intake in the body worked like the real cars...
Old 02-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #70
Tech Addict

I should have lloked at the pic...the exhaust would be hard ro tun there also B/C of the spoiler...They need to work that out I think...
Old 02-09-2006, 07:48 AM   #71
Tech Adept

There is some news on myTSN now...but not a lot...the F180 is just mentioned and that's it.
Maybe more news later...
Ridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #72
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan D
Thats pretty sweet what scale is that? that would be cool if they proformed like the 1/8th scale cars it would be a class i'd get into
I think it's 1/8th scale i.e. F1 + 1/8th = F180

Clever, those Dutchmen they are. Very clever.

Looks like Serpent is doing what is does best. Coming up with something new rather than copy the rest of the crowd.

Hope the car is a hit. The bodies will be critical but if you can get similar lap times to a typical 1/8th car and keep usage cost the same, I could see reasonable demand. Serpent has been smart and reused a lot of parts from other cars to keep costs down. With the 235mm class now out of IFMAR, if F180 takes off, maybe a new class could be added.

mytsn seems to indicate limited run for the first batch but if they sell out quickly, the 'limited run' could be a lot less limited. My only concern would be tires. How long do they last and how expensive to replace? I wonder if foams could be used to take advantage of a large pool of supply and lower prices??

BTW, notice the fuel tank. Looks quite large. I wonder if it is more than 125cc. That would be nice. Fewer pit-ins.

Rob
going4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:56 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Toasted
Oh my god!

This thing makes wonder what I should sell to be able to afford one of those! I've heard the rumors of a Serpent 1:8Th F1 for a pretty long time, but this was better than I've ever hoped for! Damn thing is that I probably can't afford, has to hope that someone at the track buys one at least
Price? I wonder. Preassembled is going to drive up the cost I'm sure. I wonder why there is no kit version? Plus, currently no setup tool for it as well. I guess that might be a reason for preassembly.
going4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:43 PM   #74
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by going4#1

BTW, notice the fuel tank. Looks quite large. I wonder if it is more than 125cc. That would be nice. Fewer pit-ins.

Rob
Since it is using .28, it might be a little larger, but I doubt it.......the tank look like the eariler version from VETEQ or VECTOR NT series fuel tank with some modification. Those who had those Serpent 1/8th would know what I am talking about.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:39 PM   #75
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I called Serpent USA today (they're a few blocks from my office) and was told "early Summer, about May" as a date to arrive in the States, flexible date, of course.

Tony
sharkonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote