Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Foam Tire Traction Compound on 1/8 on road ? >

Foam Tire Traction Compound on 1/8 on road ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Foam Tire Traction Compound on 1/8 on road ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default WOW

Did not know this would come of this thread but thanks guys for the good infomation
dan_vector likes this.

Last edited by BigC2007; 11-07-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ha Ha...Best not to bring up religion or politics.
This was both!
el salvador and dan_vector like this.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The class is called 1/8th open right?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
The class is called 1/8th open right?
No, not in most of the world. It's called "1/8th IC Track"

Old 11-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Well in my mind, it’s like the guys trying to put limits on the mod class. It should be the r&d class where only the best will prevail. Do whatever it takes to be the fastest.
el salvador likes this.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Well in my mind, it’s like the guys trying to put limits on the mod class. It should be the r&d class where only the best will prevail. Do whatever it takes to be the fastest.
Every ‘pinnacle’ of Motorsport be it F1 or whatever have limitations. These are needed to stop costs spiraling out of control and keep some sort of order to things. You just can’t have an anything goes class it would just implode on itself within a couple of seasons at the most.
Scott B and snuvet75 like this.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Every ‘pinnacle’ of Motorsport be it F1 or whatever have limitations. These are needed to stop costs spiraling out of control and keep some sort of order to things. You just can’t have an anything goes class it would just implode on itself within a couple of seasons at the most.

you know everyone says that, its ment to control cost ok so u limit it to a 200 dollar motor instead of 300 and what do guys do they spend the other 100 on parts my point is if u are in it your in it if u cant afford it get out!!! I believe in the same open class is open class!!! do what it take to win at all cost period!!! if u cant afford open class then go to another class or pick another hobbie!! I just gave up electric racing in the winter because they started this controlled motor bullshit so u have to buy the motor from the track for 50 bucks and u give it back at the end of the day so a top motor is 90 or 100 what did u save me 50 bucks? big deal, and ontop of it the couple of sponsored guys with there sponsored speedo:s and batterys want to clain there equipment is the same as ours lol!!!
Old 11-10-2017, 12:53 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
you know everyone says that, its ment to control cost ok so u limit it to a 200 dollar motor instead of 300 and what do guys do they spend the other 100 on parts my point is if u are in it your in it if u cant afford it get out!!! I believe in the same open class is open class!!! do what it take to win at all cost period!!! if u cant afford open class then go to another class or pick another hobbie!! I just gave up electric racing in the winter because they started this controlled motor bullshit so u have to buy the motor from the track for 50 bucks and u give it back at the end of the day so a top motor is 90 or 100 what did u save me 50 bucks? big deal, and ontop of it the couple of sponsored guys with there sponsored speedo:s and batterys want to clain there equipment is the same as ours lol!!!
I agree it is a free choice ro run an open class but people have to learn to spend their money wise. Ceramics, titanium, the most expensive electronics like Sanwa servo's and transmitters, the most expensive modified engines etc. People must learn the real technical side of this sport and see that a lot can be done by your self and look arround for cheap alternetives to race cheap on a higher level.
snuvet75 and dan_vector like this.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Red RC ? RC Car News » Capricorn C803 front differential

Why aren't those who are so concerned about cost (that they assume a $10 bottle of additive will make or break a budget) not squealing about banning this?

I say it is because they are in the 'privileged' group whose names are on the list when they hand out the "Factory Unfair Advantage' parts that cost them nothing.

How much is range of diff oils?

Never mind the cost of the diff and maintenance.

The cost saving angle is complete bs and nothing but a smokescreen.

Take a good look at the items Roelof mentioned and compare them to the $10 tweak.
Lets see how many propose banning any of that.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
I agree it is a free choice ro run an open class but people have to learn to spend their money wise. Ceramics, titanium, the most expensive electronics like Sanwa servo's and transmitters, the most expensive modified engines etc. People must learn the real technical side of this sport and see that a lot can be done by your self and look arround for cheap alternetives to race cheap on a higher level.
Y do they have to race on a cheaper level I think it's the fun of it getting the latest and the greatest, we talk like this because we race on road and on road is just a dot compared to off road because alot more skill is required to do what we do but off road the avg turnout is 3x per race compared to onroad and these guys don't complain about coast it always seems it's only on road like I said u want onroad then spend!!!
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

I agree with what Ralph said, but I also believe that there needs to be a gateway. Sedan is not the gateway, it’s just as expensive as 8th scale. GT8 needs to be that gateway or pan car. Problem is, nobody wants to run them and the ones that do want to spend too. More restrictions need to be put on these classes to make them affordable for the people just starting out.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

You all completely missed the point I tried to make. There has to be limits period. There is in anything we do in life as well as sports. There isn't even an open class of anything full size or R/C. There has to be rules and some things are not in the good interests of the sport.

You hit the nail on the head regarding on road vs off road numbers and on road continues to decline because people like you are trying to make it something it shouldn't be.

For what it's worth I don't believe the statement you made about off road basically being a lesser class because you need less skill or knowledge. Off road is just as complex but in a different way. I run off road as well as on road and enjoy both.

Trust me. Money isn't an issue for me and I'm not trying to say that I want a cheaper class to run. Actually Ralph I find such a statement insulting. However there are many people who are less fortune than you and I that cannot afford to race 1/8 at the pinnacle and can't afford additive machines etc etc and hence why one reason I don't think it is right for them not to even have a chance from the outset.

You need to understand and adapt rules to suit everyone and not just the elite top 5 who can spend many thousands of dollars a year on 1/8 racing!!
davidl and BigC2007 like this.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dan_vector
You all completely missed the point I tried to make. There has to be limits period. There is in anything we do in life as well as sports. There isn't even an open class of anything full size or R/C. There has to be rules and some things are not in the good interests of the sport.

You hit the nail on the head regarding on road vs off road numbers and on road continues to decline because people like you are trying to make it something it shouldn't be.

For what it's worth I don't believe the statement you made about off road basically being a lesser class because you need less skill or knowledge. Off road is just as complex but in a different way. I run off road as well as on road and enjoy both.

Trust me. Money isn't an issue for me and I'm not trying to say that I want a cheaper class to run. Actually Ralph I find such a statement insulting. However there are many people who are less fortune than you and I that cannot afford to race 1/8 at the pinnacle and can't afford additive machines etc etc and hence why one reason I don't think it is right for them not to even have a chance from the outset.

You need to understand and adapt rules to suit everyone and not just the elite top 5 who can spend many thousands of dollars a year on 1/8 racing!!
Hey Dan I cant go buy a real Lamborghini should I consider my self less fortunate and hang my self!! Don't worry about being insulted it's just a feeling it will pass. If they csnt afford onroad like I cant afford a real Lamborghini and go race with the big boys this is life!!! Too bad also there are plenty of real motor sports that have no limits including off shore boat racing hell they just started using turbine helicopter motors god knows what that cost!!
Old 11-10-2017, 07:48 AM
Tech Lord

On clublevel racing I always sugest to start cheap. Problem I see on local clubs is when a top level national/international driver is driving with the clubrace he is always using his top range equipment while it is better to show up with a clublevel engine to show that he is still competive and does not need a fast engine on that level. It is an example to the rest that a fast equipmment is not needed to go fast.

One club is using a kind of stock engine. A list of cheap engines to choose from that are only alowed to race the clubraces with.
dan_vector likes this.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
On clublevel racing I always sugest to start cheap. Problem I see on local clubs is when a top level national/international driver is driving with the clubrace he is always using his top range equipment while it is better to show up with a clublevel engine to show that he is still competive and does not need a fast engine on that level. It is an example to the rest that a fast equipmment is not needed to go fast.

One club is using a kind of stock engine. A list of cheap engines to choose from that are only alowed to race the clubraces with.
^^^^^^^ This

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.