Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
HPi Rush evo clutch gone? >

HPi Rush evo clutch gone?

HPi Rush evo clutch gone?

Old 08-31-2017, 07:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default HPi Rush evo clutch gone?

Hello all,

I know there's a few posts on rush evos and all but I don't know where to start..
I got a rush evo a decent amount of years ago and remember thinking it was broke, I came across it again a few days ago, ordered a new air filter and glow plugs with an igniter. I couldn't get it started so took the engine off along with the fuel tank to inspect it.. I tried taking the clutch bell off but it won't come off? It just spins and the engine chokes.. This is my main problem as I don't know wherever to order a new clutch? I put the engine back in and got it running! It ran for 10 seconds then cut out. Started again and ran for around 20 seconds, this gave me a little time to try give it some throttle.. it didn't do anything at all, wheels didn't move nothing?

You can see the clutch bell is shaking but that's it. Tried getting it started again and no joy..

There's no fuel going from the tank into the carb.. pushing the prime button gets it halfway up the tube, then back down..

Any help would be great, would love to get this thing back up and running! New hobby for me haha!

Thanks
Russ
Old 08-31-2017, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

You may have leaks in your fuel tubing. Also a common mod was to remove the primer as its a source of leaks. Usually a screw with RTV. Then prime as usual via plugging the exhaust while turning the crank over.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
You may have leaks in your fuel tubing. Also a common mod was to remove the primer as its a source of leaks. Usually a screw with RTV. Then prime as usual via plugging the exhaust while turning the crank over.
Thanks for your reply!
I was looking at new fuel tanks for that? But I'll try that first with the priming button!

But the other problem, the wheels don't turn once started.. usually once wheels are on the ground and it's started it wants to go! But The wheels wont move at all? The clutch bell doesn't spin just shakes?
Old 08-31-2017, 11:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok now it works(not the car, the reply). I have sealed up the fuel tank and bodged a little screw in there.. But it's the movement I'm having most issues with, the spur gear gets stuck on its way round and nothing moves, the clutch bell just rattles and I don't know how to take it off to inspect it.. I just found out my spur gear was stuck to the slipper plate thing so that's now off, I don't know which spur gear to order or if I need more parts? No idea I'm clueless with this stuff at the moment lol
Old 08-31-2017, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Nitro rush manual here:

HPI Manuals
Old 09-01-2017, 02:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for that, I still have the manual on paper.. what am I supposed to be looking at?
Old 09-01-2017, 03:01 AM
Tech Rookie

When you spin the spur gear it gets caught/stuck on something at a certain point.. When you roll the car back and forth, the spur gear and clutch bell both don't move!

The shaft that the spur gear and slipper sit on doesn't spin? I'm not sure it is supposed to or not.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:41 AM
Tech Rookie

No help?
Old 09-02-2017, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Someone linked to the manual. Did you take it apart and look it over carefully?