Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Tuning with chassis weight >

Tuning with chassis weight

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shark2288

Tuning with chassis weight

Old 08-22-2017, 05:28 AM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
rubezzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 136
Default Tuning with chassis weight

Am I right to assume low traction use chassis weight, high traction remove it??
rubezzz is offline  
Old 08-22-2017, 11:13 AM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: My house.
Posts: 3,550
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

It's way more complicated than that. If you want to read more about suspension tuning check my threads on the statistics tab, http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/30tooth-108876.html

Last edited by 30Tooth; 08-26-2017 at 03:24 AM.
30Tooth is offline  
Old 08-22-2017, 10:30 PM
  #3  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 664
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rubezzz View Post
Am I right to assume low traction use chassis weight, high traction remove it??
Within reason, you always want a lightweight car. The idea behind adding weight is to place the bias (front to rear or side to side) where you want---still with a car as close to minimum overall weight as possible. Bias can be changed with ride height as well.

Increasing overall weight of the car is not the solution in low traction conditions.
robracing is offline  
Old 08-24-2017, 06:51 AM
  #4  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 575
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by robracing View Post
Within reason, you always want a lightweight car. The idea behind adding weight is to place the bias (front to rear or side to side) where you want---still with a car as close to minimum overall weight as possible. Bias can be changed with ride height as well.

Increasing overall weight of the car is not the solution in low traction conditions.
A heavier car is usually easier to drive. Hence why E buggies usually feel more planted.
AlbertN likes this.
shark2288 is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 05:12 PM
  #5  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: MN
Posts: 442
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 30Tooth View Post
It's way more complicated than that. If you want to read more about suspension tuning check my threads R/C Tech Forums - Search Results
No match
TrespasseR_MN is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 11:07 PM
  #6  
dtr
Tech Master
 
dtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: budapest, hungary
Posts: 1,587
Default

Originally Posted by 30Tooth View Post
It's way more complicated than that. If you want to read more about suspension tuning check my threads R/C Tech Forums - Search Results
Originally Posted by TrespasseR_MN View Post
No match
Search results expire within a limited amount of time. Click on his name, go to the statistics tab and click on threads started by 30Tooth.
dtr is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.