Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi ten-sct nitro starter >

Losi ten-sct nitro starter

Losi ten-sct nitro starter

Old 08-21-2017, 03:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi ten-sct nitro starter

So I bought a used Losi Ten-sct nitro about a week ago. But when I went to start it, the ross starter motor was beeping at me. The receiver battery was charged and I had fuel in it. Tried again. Still beeping. Took apart the ross and all the gears have been stripped. Since Losi has discontinued the gears for this system, what would be the next best thing to use to start this thing. I've always been an electric guy, this is my first nitro. Thanks.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shisimona
So I bought a used Losi Ten-sct nitro about a week ago. But when I went to start it, the ross starter motor was beeping at me. The receiver battery was charged and I had fuel in it. Tried again. Still beeping. Took apart the ross and all the gears have been stripped. Since Losi has discontinued the gears for this system, what would be the next best thing to use to start this thing. I've always been an electric guy, this is my first nitro. Thanks.
Hello. I just got one of these all converted over to a bump start. This allows the engine to start using a starter box instead of the ross system. Much easier and more reliable.

I put a losi 4 shoe clutch and 14t clutch bell on the engine (2.0, 3.0 or 4.0). The clutch bell is similar to the pinion gear on an electric car.

Then changed out the spur gear to a Losi 8ight e 45tooth. Amazingly, the 8ight e gear fit on just fine. I have heard a Ten SCTE gear will work as well. I had to do this in order for the gear pitch to match.

I would be more than happy to send over pictures of what I did to make it work. Please send me a private message if you have questions.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:04 AM
Tech Rookie

https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-14...osa9127/p34987
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-lo...lr9101/p211984
https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-mo...463823?v=73620

Would these the parts I would need?
Old 08-24-2017, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Yes, those will work. I did have to team out the center of the 8ight spur gear slightly so it would fit the SCTE metal piece.