Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Shock/diff oil brand >

Shock/diff oil brand

Like Tree5Likes

Shock/diff oil brand

Old 08-14-2017, 05:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Shock/diff oil brand

Hello looking to make a switch in oils for both diff and shock currently using losi want to go to cst as I drive a kyosho and most setups by top drivers uses cst oils look at kyosho ones obviously but more on the expensive side and less of it per bottle. Anyone try PT oils they sell a 4oz bottle for $9 compared to kyosho $12 for about 2.5oz
Old 08-14-2017, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyosho99 View Post
Hello looking to make a switch in oils for both diff and shock currently using losi want to go to cst as I drive a kyosho and most setups by top drivers uses cst oils look at kyosho ones obviously but more on the expensive side and less of it per bottle. Anyone try PT oils they sell a 4oz bottle for $9 compared to kyosho $12 for about 2.5oz
I'd say you won't get many people in here that would say anything negative about PT oils. They are widely used and are very accurate I used a Team Durango oil comparison chart to figure out what my Losi oils translated to in CST roughly and tried to get as close as I could.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Kyosho99,

Were You referring to PTRC Oil? If so, I would say that PTRC Oil is very good. They have a very fine division. Even the Diff Oils, they have the half weights, such as 2.500, 3.500, 4.500 and so on. It helps in a very specific condition. At the least for me..

Cheers..

Originally Posted by Kyosho99 View Post
Old 08-14-2017, 11:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Really good experiences with Flashpoint Oils so far. I guess they are Mugen related?
Old 08-15-2017, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'm a big fan of the arrowmax oils. The bottles are great too and don't leak when transporting to the track. Even when I fly to races abroad - no leakage! I ran associated oils before which were also ok but had issues with the caps breaking.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've been running PTRC for a few years now. I used them for some time before I came onboard the team. Pablo ensures that quality is maintained with reasonable pricing.
stanleyw808 likes this.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:31 AM
Tech Addict

I use Muchmore Shock Fluid. I've been using the brand since 2010. I can't speak on the science of the fluids; but it works. The bottles aren't expensive.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
I'm a big fan of the arrowmax oils. The bottles are great too and don't leak when transporting to the track. Even when I fly to races abroad - no leakage! I ran associated oils before which were also ok but had issues with the caps breaking.
I'm actually really happy to hear this I considered Arrowmax as well but without having used their stuff and not knowing anyone who has led me to buying the PTRC oils instead.

Looks like I'm gonna try some arrowmax next time
dan_vector likes this.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

I use arrowmax, the bottles are very functional, not like the mugen ones, I always seem to squeeze so hard that the cap shoots off and I get fluid everywhere 😔
dan_vector likes this.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bones comes in larger containers and all viscosities. I have been using Bones for years. Great stuff!
Old 08-15-2017, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rubezzz View Post
I use arrowmax, the bottles are very functional, not like the mugen ones, I always seem to squeeze so hard that the cap shoots off and I get fluid everywhere 😔
Yeah I hear ya on the mugen bottles 😂😂😂
Old 08-15-2017, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah I hear ya on the mugen bottles 😂😂😂
I have a question though, and I know this doesn't effect a lot of folks, but it does effect me. Are the Arrowmax bottles difficult to squeeze similar to the Associated bottles? The associated bottles I used to have felt like hard plastic in my hands and I could barely even dent the sides with my full grip.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
I have a question though, and I know this doesn't effect a lot of folks, but it does effect me. Are the Arrowmax bottles difficult to squeeze similar to the Associated bottles? The associated bottles I used to have felt like hard plastic in my hands and I could barely even dent the sides with my full grip.
No the arrowmax bottles are easy to squeeze but not too soft if that makes sense. Better than the associated bottles I had before changing over to arrowmax.
EbbTide likes this.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle View Post
Bones comes in larger containers and all viscosities. I have been using Bones for years. Great stuff!
I noticed that and is also cheapest at $5 a bottle
Old 08-16-2017, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

No the arrowmax bottles are easy to squeeze but not too soft if that makes sense. Better than the associated bottles I had before changing over to arrowmax.
I can second that. I've used mugen, arrowmax and associated bottles, arrowmax by far the easiest and best to squeeze. Only downside is you need to make sure the lids are on right and u don't over tighten the nozzle when closing cause it can cause it to split. A plus for the associated bottles is the cap under the screw top to ensure no leakage. Still, arrowmax is the superior product imo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.