Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lrp zr .30 one way bearing issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Lrp zr .30 one way bearing issue

Hi I just recently bought a lrp zr .30 spec 4 engine and I have an issue with the one way bearing. The issue is were the pin from the crank fits into the one way bearing has worn out the grove were it sits in and makes a rattling noise when running I only have 2 gallons of fuel throu this engin. I've owned other nitro engine but this is my first lrp engin and just wandering if this is normal ware every thing else looks fine inside the engine. Thanks

Last edited by Chris8700; 08-08-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds like either inadequate lubrication, excessive starter usage, or perhaps poor quality manufacturing. There should be 4 positions the crankpin can be located to engage the one-way clutch bearing.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Yea im not sure I was thinking not enough lubircation to but when I run the truck it blows good smoke. For starting I use pull start I wander maybe it's the way it's designed and would like to hear if others have had this issue. I called lrp today and left a message so I should get a call tomorrow. I'm using the other side of the bearing now so I can still run the truck I'm sure it's gonna ware the other side out to. I'm trying to upload a pic of the bearing but can't get the pic to upload.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The smoke has little to do with how rich the engine is. Some fuels smoke more. You can tell your tune was too lean if there was no oil residue in the crankcase. As in bone dry. If there was at least a little liquid oil in there, then the cause is like either excessive starter usage or defective part most likely.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Tech Rookie

When I had the back plate off the other day I noticed there was a nice amount of oil on every thing in there. The engine usually fires up pretty quick even with pull start could this issue happen if excessive starting was the case. No word from lrp today Im gonna call them tomorrow hopefully I can get a hold of them.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Chris8700
When I had the back plate off the other day I noticed there was a nice amount of oil on every thing in there. The engine usually fires up pretty quick even with pull start could this issue happen if excessive starting was the case. No word from lrp today Im gonna call them tomorrow hopefully I can get a hold of them.
Well I talked to lrp yesterday and there sending me a new one way bearing to try. Im gonna try putting a thin washer behind the one way bearing bringing it closer to the pin on the crank I think that's the issue.