Losi 3.4

Old 08-03-2017, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Losi 3.4

Just put the 3.4 into my Revo. More work that just a bolt in but not too bad. Having trouble with the motor keeping idle. History- bought the motor used complete about 7 years ago. Had been sitting in a box since. Just stripped it down to clean the goo out, is surprisingly in good shape. Compression is good. Modified the stock traxxas back plate to fit for the ezstart, all works well. Problem is when I try to lower the idol it won't run. Throttle response is great, runs out nice. Carb 'o' ring seemed fine when putting it back together so I don't think its sucking in extra air..... Any suggestions would be great. I am by no means a nitro master. Just add fuel, adjust settings to keep the temps where they should be and bash. Something in the carb I overlooked? Really did nothing to it but check the high throttle needle to make sure it was in good shape. I read this motor was a great upgrade and pretty much trouble free. Now you can't find them.
Thanks.....
Old 08-03-2017, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jgGonzo
Just put the 3.4 into my Revo. More work that just a bolt in but not too bad. Having trouble with the motor keeping idle. History- bought the motor used complete about 7 years ago. Had been sitting in a box since. Just stripped it down to clean the goo out, is surprisingly in good shape. Compression is good. Modified the stock traxxas back plate to fit for the ezstart, all works well. Problem is when I try to lower the idol it won't run. Throttle response is great, runs out nice. Carb 'o' ring seemed fine when putting it back together so I don't think its sucking in extra air..... Any suggestions would be great. I am by no means a nitro master. Just add fuel, adjust settings to keep the temps where they should be and bash. Something in the carb I overlooked? Really did nothing to it but check the high throttle needle to make sure it was in good shape. I read this motor was a great upgrade and pretty much trouble free. Now you can't find them.
Thanks.....
Best thing to do would be to post a video. With nitro there's many variables to check that are obvous. (Fuel, glowplug, tune, etc)