8th Scale Off Road Euros >

8th Scale Off Road Euros

Like Tree22Likes

8th Scale Off Road Euros

Old 08-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AHR43
Think I counted twelve different surfaces on that track, and I may have missed one or two. Personally, I like it. Makes for great variety in watching a race from a spectators view. That, and I think a race is easier to follow too. A tuners and drivers challenge, no doubt. Thanks for the look back link, IC.

Oh, and congrats to Robert Batlle on yesterdays euros win. Looks like he had his greatest handling challenge with his Mugen immediately after a pit stop and re-fuel. Mugen was a handful with a full fuel tank.
I like it, as you can't just select a tire for one surface but an allround tire. Also the weather makes driving tricky as well.

Here is a pic of my home track ORF Hassfurt:
Attached Thumbnails 8th Scale Off Road Euros-20247988_1564312726977072_5387906347595513793_o.jpg  
AHR43 and Evoking1230 like this.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:18 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
The problem was explained by the EFRA chairman in his AGM opening speech. Too many countries are not really supporting their drivers at the AGM causing a bad name of the EFRA at the drivers.
http://www.efra.ws/wp-content/upload...ing%202016.pdf

I also see it locally, during the races people can complain a lot about bad ruling or stuff like gaps and too much interpretation but when the time is there to take action to get it on the AGM with a better proposal drivers do not take action because they think is has no use. As long your representive is not backing you then it is time to choose a new representive?
And do not think your representive will know it all w/o your input.....
That's a lot of food for thought Roelof! Especially since after checking all available AGM reports posted at the EFRA site (back to 2002) my representative has always been absent. Never saw at any race either.

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Here is a pic of my home track ORF Hassfurt:
Now that looks like a track that punishes every attempt at going fast...
Old 08-06-2017, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr
Now that looks like a track that punishes every attempt at going fast...
Yes, and its especilly fun to watch the 2wd guys race, ST, 1:8 2wd (converted 4wd buggies).

With that being said, i let my German DMC (German version of ROAR) expire, seemed like racer voices and track owner concerns were never being addressed, not to mentionn the favoring of Tracks.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by dtr
That's a lot of food for thought Roelof! Especially since after checking all available AGM reports posted at the EFRA site (back to 2002) my representative has always been absent. Never saw at any race either.
It is much food for the unknown! But as mentioned a lot of drivers are also not aware of how it works.

Problem is that the country organisations are the members of the EFRA not the licenced drivers. If the national organisation is on a low budget it is expensive to go to the AGM, something that my organisation seems to suffer as well. Last AGM choises were made to keep it cheep but I was mad that someone took place in the EFRA electric AGM for just one driver from our country while no one was at the IC 1/10 and 1/8, our country had about 14 drivers in that group.

Also the EFRA should be aware that with todays technology of video conference and internet vote such high costs of travel and hotel can be avoid.
AHR43, stanleyw808 and dtr like this.