R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   New HB Truggy or rebuild my ST-RR Evo (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/991877-new-hb-truggy-rebuild-my-st-rr-evo.html)

DGP 07-07-2017 06:34 PM

New HB Truggy or rebuild my ST-RR Evo

We have just got a couple of 817 buggys and they seem pretty good. Alloy where you want it and plenty of setup options.

Committed to getting my son a 817T and deciding what to do with my Kyosho.

Its pretty worn but I have all but replaced everything. Needs a new Chassis, shock bodies and A arms all around. Generally the rest has been kept up with. If I keep it I'm considering the MC2 Chassis and rear toe block system.

Plenty of good reasons to quit it and just go HB all the way. Just weighing up the cost benefit ratio I guess.

B3nno810 07-07-2017 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by DGP (Post 14970835)
We have just got a couple of 817 buggys and they seem pretty good. Alloy where you want it and plenty of setup options.

Committed to getting my son a 817T and deciding what to do with my Kyosho.

Its pretty worn but I have all but replaced everything. Needs a new Chassis, shock bodies and A arms all around. Generally the rest has been kept up with. If I keep it I'm considering the MC2 Chassis and rear toe block system.

Plenty of good reasons to quit it and just go HB all the way. Just weighing up the cost benefit ratio I guess.

Best way to go about it is to calculate the costs of the rebuild vs the cost of the new kit. Also if you're enjoying the HB cars, all the more reason to try the truck. Also keeps the same brand throughout and the fact you got your boy the truck, means you can parts share. Same parts lots, same supplier etc.

Gavel 07-08-2017 05:48 AM

If you have all the bits to make the kyosho from this decade, id refresh, if not youd likely be better off getting the HB. The cost of refreshing and upgrading everything youd need to would likely come close to a new kit, can spend $300-400 on just the m2c stuff.

Plus if you both run the same car you only need 1 lot of spares.

DGP 07-08-2017 01:34 PM

I have already done the math and keeping the Kyosho works out better. It's the benefit component I'm more interested in.

If I fit it with the MC2 parts. Would the Kyosho as good as the HB on lose /slippery surfaces? Ultimately I want a good handling truck.

brokenmoto 07-09-2017 11:45 PM

I drive HB 817b also. I think I'd upgrade that K car personally. Hb truck looks to suffer from understeer but I haven't drove one so what do I know. The one I watched a few weeks ago was full cocked moving towards the outside all the time. I looked into the difference between Tmann ede and 817T didn't seem to be a lot. Really only parts of the driveline are shared w/buggy so I wouldn't let that influence me much. Good luck.

DGP 07-11-2017 08:45 PM

Decided to do a full upgrade on the Kyosho.

mlbright 07-14-2017 12:54 PM

I have a 1 race old STrr-EVO2 Truggy i'm selling with all the M2C goodies, chassis, Front & Rear toe block plus extra new in package front and rear toe blocks, king headz braces and the full MP9 front steering setup with the aluminum hubs & spindles plus a large brand parts lot. Let me know if you're interested.

Originally Posted by DGP (Post 14974090)
Decided to do a full upgrade on the Kyosho.

brokenmoto 07-15-2017 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by mlbright (Post 14976282)
I have a 1 race old STrr-EVO2 Truggy i'm selling with all the M2C goodies, chassis, Front & Rear toe block plus extra new in package front and rear toe blocks, king headz braces and the full MP9 front steering setup with the aluminum hubs & spindles plus a large brand parts lot. Let me know if you're interested.

What you looking to get for it?