Fioroni TAP Shock Pistons

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Fioroni TAP Shock Pistons

So there are these pricy Fioroni pistons here:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/fioroni...ur1040/p498183

I was wondering if anyone had tried these among the myriad of other after-market pistons? Do they perform similarly to the VRP units? Better? Or are they just the latest version of muffler bearings?
Old 06-29-2017, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have tried them. The do provide for very quick rebound. I ran them on a medium/high grip smooth surface and quickly took them off my car and put a set of shocks with standard style pistons on. Lap times went way down after the change. Just way to spongy for that type of track. I think they'd be good on a rough track with the right oil and spring combo though.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks for the input, Apco. I found a review of the VRP pistons yesterday and those apparently do save a couple of tenths per lap, which is fantastic for a consistent driver. Would you say that you had similar results?
Old 06-29-2017, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
Thanks for the input, Apco. I found a review of the VRP pistons yesterday and those apparently do save a couple of tenths per lap, which is fantastic for a consistent driver. Would you say that you had similar results?
Not the one time I have tried them. Just wasn't the right type of surface. Best I recall there are two hole options and I ordered the bigger of the two. Just didn't have enough pack for a smooth track. On a rough loamy track I think they'd be pretty good. Just waiting to try them again.