Like Tree17Likes

Benefits of a digital powerswitch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
If so that's to funny!!! Nobody reads the instructions!! Lol
But I did read those crappy little instructions and they said nothing about this AND I have a Kyosho switch that is identical to the KO switch and that little rubber thing is still in it and that switch works perfect never cutting off power.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
If so that's to funny!!! Nobody reads the instructions!! Lol
Here's the response I just got from KO Propo America:

KO PROPO America <[email protected]>

Reply|
Today, 10:25 AM
You
The rubber plug is just a cover to keep dust off the switch.

Regards,

Xxxxxx Xxxxxx
KO PROPO America
[email protected]
Tel: 562.888.4882
Old 07-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've had deans come loose before, by no means failproof. I now use a futaba plug with a locking connector. So far so good. I want to try the XT30's. I use XT connectors on all my electric vehicles.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

If you have had trouble with the switch from day one. Why not contact KO and let them know and see what they will do. They have been very good to me in the past.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
If you have had trouble with the switch from day one. Why not contact KO and let them know and see what they will do. They have been very good to me in the past.
That response I posted is part of a lengthy email chain where I've mentioned twice that this switch is no good but the guy just doesn't seem interested. Hasn't even asked me when or where did I get it.

I think I might be on the losing end of this anyway. Their warranty is how long? 90 days? That switch sat NIB that at least long before I even took it out of the packaging and installed it.

I was under the impression KO Propo is the best so I didn't suspect anything would be wrong with it or I would have installed much sooner.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Robert Morris took very good care of a module and receiver problem at their cost. I have no complaints. They are the only one I would buy even with what people say. My experience with KO Propo's products have been awesome. I have friends that have also used these switches for years with no problems. Even the original which I still have. In 20+ yrs never once had a problem except for the module and receiver. But they took care of that. They are my go to Servo as well. Sorry to hear of your problem. I would see if I could contact him though.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Bumping this thread.
Are people still using toggle switches, electronic switches or just plugs?
Old 04-21-2018, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sebtarta
Bumping this thread.
Are people still using toggle switches, electronic switches or just plugs?
To the op. All switches can fail. Let's face it, we are all looking to make our race rigs bomb proof. Just use a straight wire. Look at the world level drivers and see what they run, most if not all don't use a switch. Good luck.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jpz_67
To the op. All switches can fail. Let's face it, we are all looking to make our race rigs bomb proof. Just use a straight wire. Look at the world level drivers and see what they run, most if not all don't use a switch. Good luck.
if you use the direct contact you do not have problem
I use jts plug
Old 04-21-2018, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

I still use a mechanical switch, BUT in conjunction with a small electronical circuit. Basically the circuit inverts the switch, which means, when the switch closes, a mosfet is turned off and therefore the system is turned off. If the switch is open, the mosfet is turned on and the system is powered. That means in case the switch fails, the system is still powered you just can't turn it off.
Oh, and I always use a rubber band for throttle return, too.
Andi
Old 04-22-2018, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mourinho
you get what you pay for. ive been using 2 KoPropo switches for the last 3 years and they both still work perfectly and have never given me any grief
If you can locate one, this is a really reliable switch. I still have my 20+ year old KO switches, but this one is more compact for easier installs, and is just as reliable as the KO's.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/robitro...r01612/p228556

Old 04-22-2018, 10:09 AM
wfo
Tech Regular

Location: SO. CAL. Thunder alley, revelation raceway The Dirt -Perris RIP OCRC
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I run the Protek switch in my Hb and haven't had any problems, you just have to hold the button down for at least 3 seconds to activate the lipo mode.I mounted it behind the receiver box for easy access. i just oreded the SKYrc for a back up.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:48 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

On my HB D815 I use Savox 1268 for my throttle. I noticed that with the stock plastic throttle horn, if you tighten the screw too tight it causes the servo to bind. Back it off a touch and the servo frees up. I use a throttle return spring (that goes around the fuel inlet and attaches to the carb's slide) and a goody's elastic band out to the linkage barrel and that sucker snaps shut every time...just saying maybe some guys are using the wrong horn and it is binding against the servo case...just a possibility.

I use a protek digital switch too and it has been trouble free - I use a piece of double sided tape to hold it put then I drill and mount it with 3x10 button heads and locking nuts with nylon in the threads. Super secure this way and the double sided tape helps to insulate the switch from the vibration.