Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree73Likes

2017 ROAR 1/8 Off Road Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

He and a lot of pro guys have bad attitudes, including my son. Has nothing to do wit a paycheck. Bump one of those guys in a race and see what they say to you. Doesn't matter how big the race is. He was already pissed he got bumped by cav on the 1st lap. If you smash stuff at home because things are not going right, you got anger issues.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm pissed I never win. Someone is getting a closed cell foam to the leg at Friday's club race. Only question is will it be an AKA or Jconcepts one......: lol:
Old 06-27-2017, 05:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cHAmpa
It's not being "politically correct" to not agree with this behavior, it's called being rational. There are a lot of people who race rc cars, who have jobs.. some making more than he is. If they lose a big sale or something goes wrong at work, they don't throw their computer monitor against the wall at their workplace in front of people.

Bad behavior is bad behavior, regardless of how much pressure he is under. Look at all the other drivers who are able to handle the pressure of losing without damaging equipment on the stand in a fit of rage.
I don't recall seeing anyone being critical. But I do agree with cHAmpa. Good post.
achtung1970 likes this.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cHAmpa
It's not being "politically correct" to not agree with this behavior, it's called being rational. There are a lot of people who race rc cars, who have jobs.. some making more than he is. If they lose a big sale or something goes wrong at work, they don't throw their computer monitor against the wall at their workplace in front of people.

Bad behavior is bad behavior, regardless of how much pressure he is under. Look at all the other drivers who are able to handle the pressure of losing without damaging equipment on the stand in a fit of rage.
To those who would wag a condescending finger at RM, remember that even Jesus threw a fit in the temple, overturning tables and whipping people.
NextLevelRC likes this.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Cav blew a nut on his own AE pit guy, got benched for 2 races BY AE and didnt get this much flak for it.

You go to work tomorrow and have your boss say you just lost 5k+ off your wages/salary for the year. If you say you'll "walk it off", you're a lier!
Old 06-27-2017, 02:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by racer1812
Cav blew a nut on his own AE pit guy, got benched for 2 races BY AE and didnt get this much flak for it.

You go to work tomorrow and have your boss say you just lost 5k+ off your wages/salary for the year. If you say you'll "walk it off", you're a lier!
Salary is usually guaranteed.

Winning Nationals just because your engine DID NOT explode is far from a given.

Now if your boss led you to believe you are very special and deserve to be free of reprimand, and that you are always a winner even before you actually produce (at this event with a win), then yes good comparison.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Last edited by cHAmpa; 08-19-2022 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NextLevelRC
Salary is usually guaranteed.

Winning Nationals just because your engine DID NOT explode is far from a given.

Now if your boss led you to believe you are very special and deserve to be free of reprimand, and that you are always a winner even before you actually produce (at this event with a win), then yes good comparison.
Salary and contingency money are 2 different things contingency money depends on your finishing position in the main maybe he would have won or not but finishing top 5 you get more money than finishing 14th.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

All this fuss over HIS Radio.. LOL

Who on here KNOWS what he did with it AFTER? Was pretty cool really..Maybe you should ask around.

Does he give a shit about it? Was he Mad after? No..

Want to hear some yelling and screaming Adults, watch the Kids race from Pit Lane.

Carry On Keyboard Warriors..
toyoter91 likes this.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MX304
There are two ROAR rules that counteract each other. One basically says you won't be scored if your transponder fails. Another says you have to have the numbers visible on the car to allow for accurate hand scoring in case of a transponder failure. I agree that Tebo has a clear win and I don't see ROAR taking it away from him.
the rules actually are not conflicting, it depends level of interpretation along with literal understanding along with legalize

basicly...you won't be scored if your transponder fails this is true and happened, when it failed, he was no longer scored, tracked, etc by the computer system for that race

you have to have the numbers visible on the car to allow for accurate hand scoring in case of a transponder failure

i don't see any conflict, other than people reading into it, which imo is more along the lines of my favorite racer is out or losing, and guy leading i wish he loses or lost. i watched the live feed, i was disappointed the announcers feed the conflicting rules conspiracy theory of the "mob rules crowd" seeing who was leading.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's funny how a person can do so many nice things and people always remember the one thing they did wrong. Who cares if Ryan lost his cool? It just goes to show how much passion & dedication he has for this hobby. I would much rather see someone lose their cool and get upset then just throw a fake smile and shrug it off. To me that means that it didn't matter all that much to you in the first place. Jeez look at Tebo and how emotional he got when he won. Look at how Ty gets emotional every time he wins a major event or loses. You don't see anyone calling Ty out for sobbing after losing a hard fought race. There is a LOT of work that goes on behind the scenes to get that win. I don't think you guys truly understand because your program is not on the same level as these top guys. You guys who point the judgmental finger and try to compare his melt down to having a bad day at work or sports are just silly. Also, stop saying that these guys have to be representatives of the sport and be heroes for the younger generation. Most people get into the hobby because of club racers or their buddies, not because they saw a pro rc driver. These guys are paid to RACE not be the moral compass of your child. Set an example for your child and be the person you want your kid to be.

Ryan is a stand up guy who tells it like it is and doesn't put on a facade for everyone. He had a bad day so get over it like I'm sure he is. Ryan is still my favorite driver and this little mishap doesn't change my view of him at all.

Side note: This ROAR nats was a complete hack fest. The fact that ROAR was not calling a LOT of hacking made matters worse for both club level and pro racers. Seeing how this event was also a qualifier for the 2018 worlds, tensions were high.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TruggyDude91
It's funny how a person can do so many nice things and people always remember the one thing they did wrong. Who cares if Ryan lost his cool? It just goes to show how much passion & dedication he has for this hobby. I would much rather see someone lose their cool and get upset then just throw a fake smile and shrug it off. To me that means that it didn't matter all that much to you in the first place. Jeez look at Tebo and how emotional he got when he won. Look at how Ty gets emotional every time he wins a major event or loses. You don't see anyone calling Ty out for sobbing after losing a hard fought race. There is a LOT of work that goes on behind the scenes to get that win. I don't think you guys truly understand because your program is not on the same level as these top guys. You guys who point the judgmental finger and try to compare his melt down to having a bad day at work or sports are just silly. Also, stop saying that these guys have to be representatives of the sport and be heroes for the younger generation. Most people get into the hobby because of club racers or their buddies, not because they saw a pro rc driver. These guys are paid to RACE not be the moral compass of your child. Set an example for your child and be the person you want your kid to be.

Ryan is a stand up guy who tells it like it is and doesn't put on a facade for everyone. He had a bad day so get over it like I'm sure he is. Ryan is still my favorite driver and this little mishap doesn't change my view of him at all.

Side note: This ROAR nats was a complete hack fest. The fact that ROAR was not calling a LOT of hacking made matters worse for both club level and pro racers. Seeing how this event was also a qualifier for the 2018 worlds, tensions were high.
You just did more talking than anyone on here about something you wish wasn't being talked about. This is just discussion. No one has said "F Ryan Mayfield! He's garbage! He never does anything nice!" No one. Just talking about the most recent event that happened, to be soon forgot about in a few weeks by something else. It's all good, basically!
Old 06-28-2017, 06:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

PS I think the passion is awesome. MX guys have it, RC guys that care have it.

How many of us have been in that exact situation and know the exact details of how much he lost, how much he could have won?
How many hours to fly there, wait at the airport? How many gallons of fuel in preparation?
The dude obviously works extremely hard, has done this his whole life, and is outright amazing at his job.

Most of us don't understand that situation. So this is just discussion on Rctech. Nothing serious like healthcare or cancer or paralysis or hunger. Just some toy car talk!
BermyDomRepRC likes this.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:55 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any news on where the Truggy race can be found to view?
Old 06-28-2017, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If you havnt gotten upset at a race before your probably not competative. Not saying not fast but lack the drive and desire to perform at your absolute best.
Ive been an athlete my entire life ive got that fire, sometimes i can get caught in the moment but can always laugh about it after.
NextLevelRC likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.