Like Tree40Likes

X-ray XT8

Old 04-17-2020, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the fioroni slider flywheel is closer to 33mm, its smaller than my 34mm flywheels. good luck getting a spare set of shoes in north america, cause I bought the last 10(and 4 flywheels-still 6 of those) between absolute and amain over the last couple weeks. I havnt been able to get one for over ten years but they were my favorite back in the mid-late 2000s. wish i could find the white teflon shoes or the blue glass shoes

Old 04-18-2020, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
the fioroni slider flywheel is closer to 33mm, its smaller than my 34mm flywheels. ​
I'll have to check that with my calipers - didn't really think of verifying the spec'd 35mm. Up against the Xray flywheel, by eye, it's definitely a couple of mm larger. But it fits fine.

good luck getting a spare set of shoes in north america, cause I bought the last 10(and 4 flywheels-still 6 of those) between absolute and amain over the last couple weeks. I havnt been able to get one for over ten years but they were my favorite back in the mid-late 2000s. wish i could find the white teflon shoes or the blue glass shoes
I have to import mine here in the UK. Nowhere keeps stock of them in 2020, they're like gold. However, Fioroni have their own shop. And there are still US mail order places that seem to keep them in stock.

The clutches last and last so I'm not worried. The one on my Savage is about 15 years old. Works perfectly!

I'm quite interested in trying the Turbo Twin sliders, where you can use upto 3 springs with the 4 slider shoes. There are 3 shoe materials and 2 spring rates, all of which can be mix & matched - so lots of tuning potential. Black/Carbon has the most grab, for high traction. Red/Carbon&Teflon has intermediate grab. White/Teflon has the least grab, for low traction. Apparently, in exactly the same way as regular 4 shoe clutches, you can use not only different shoe combos, but also use different springs so that one pair of shoes engages before the other.

Once you've got your hands on these clutches, they're pretty much useful for the entire lifetime of the truck/buggy.
Old 04-18-2020, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Well the truck is running good with the Turbo Slider. I can't imagine anyone needing more clutch than this, in terms of punch and 'pop' - the XT8 looks like it's about to flip onto it's back! It's also a bunch quieter when free-wheeling off the throttle.

The engine is running rich still - only hitting about 180 F, yet I'm still getting around 9 minutes of runtime - on the .28! There were 3 restrictors for the venturi, I'm using the middle one.

Can't wait to lean it out and see what it can really do. Might then remove the restrictor and see what the fuel mileage is like 'bare back'
Old 04-20-2020, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

The Novarossi .28 Legend is ready for optimal tuning now. It reminds me very much of the RB WS7, but easier to live with (not as tight when cold). I really like it!

I gave it a few runs today, leaned the needles, getting the engine running eagerly - tickover is solid and confident, temps are about 210f, so a tad on the rich side still. However, runtime is very impressive. I'd have no concerns running this engine for 45 minutes and I doubt the fuel stops would be much different to a decent .21, provided I was getting a solid 9 mins - that would be a 4 stop (which is pretty normal).

Clutch is Flawless - zero issues!

Stay safe people! 👍
Old 05-02-2020, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys need some help with the new XT8e.2 I just recently aquired. I cant believe stock it comes with such gargantuous wheel hubs?!! I see there are smaller options like 5 of them or so. I got my sweep v2 wheels in and they only fit about 35% onto the hub! Not liking this... I don't know if the Sweep v2 are "standard" hub offset or whatever- would be nice if it was clearly stated but they barely fit the +5mm factory offset hubs. What size hub should I get to fit the entire wheel onto the hub? 0 offset? +1 offset?
Old 05-06-2020, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sn47som1 View Post
Hey guys need some help with the new XT8e.2 I just recently aquired. I cant believe stock it comes with such gargantuous wheel hubs?!! I see there are smaller options like 5 of them or so. I got my sweep v2 wheels in and they only fit about 35% onto the hub! Not liking this... I don't know if the Sweep v2 are "standard" hub offset or whatever- would be nice if it was clearly stated but they barely fit the +5mm factory offset hubs. What size hub should I get to fit the entire wheel onto the hub? 0 offset? +1 offset?
Iíve got the +1 and +2mm for sale in the for sale thread
Old 05-09-2020, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco View Post
I’ve got the +1 and +2mm for sale in the for sale thread
Why? wat r u running? 0?
and maybe can you answer my question from my post? Am I safe with 0 offset? Truggys don't need any more offset. They are wide as hell already. Would zero work okay on most truggy wheels Im thinking?

Is offset mainly used for wider track width or so the wheels don't rub the steering links at full lock?
Old 05-14-2020, 01:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sn47som1 View Post
even with the +0 hubs that same 35% would fit on to the hub. You canít extend the plastic on the wheel.
All other wheels are the same except for wheels that go back to the xtr(?) days.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SkippyMatt View Post
even with the +0 hubs that same 35% would fit on to the hub. You canít extend the plastic on the wheel.
All other wheels are the same except for wheels that go back to the xtr(?) days.
Yes obviously you cant indent the wheel itself

I don't want any offset its not needed on a truggy unless the wheels are hitting the steering links at full lock right? truggys are already wide no need to keep widening them

Know where I can buy the +0 offset ones for the new truggy? didn't see them at amain or absolute or ebay

Thanks
Old 06-21-2020, 05:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you're looking for XRA355250 Hardcoated aluminum wheel axle. Set of 2. They shouldn't be hard to find.
https://www.ashfordhobby.com/p-9203-...-coated-2.aspx
sn47som1 likes this.
Old 06-21-2020, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rpoage View Post
If you're looking for XRA355250 Hardcoated aluminum wheel axle. Set of 2. They shouldn't be hard to find.
https://www.ashfordhobby.com/p-9203-...-coated-2.aspx
Those aren't.. I wasn't sure if I was looking for a new part like the +5mm are but in different sizes. There aren't new option sizes after searching some. The option sizes are the old ones still. Funny tho your site never comes up in the first results from google- I always forget about your site. Not on ebay either unfortunately. Thanks
Old 06-21-2020, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

XRA335250 0mm
XRA335251 +1mm
XRA335252 +2mm
XRA335253 +5mm Standard
Manual has a mistake on the 0mm off set Axle, should be XRA335250 , That is the latest manual I have for the "XT8 2019". Seems XRAY is making newer models faster than they are up dating their web site? I hear you on the Google issue, We are working on it daily.
sn47som1 likes this.

Last edited by rpoage; 06-21-2020 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Graphics messed up
Old 06-22-2020, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Can someone give me the measurement from the chassis plate to the centerpoint where the chassis brace mounts on the bulkhead. Just the straight up and down verticle mesurement in the rear please.