R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   M2C SHOCK PISTONS AND BLEEDER CAPS!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/987520-m2c-shock-pistons-bleeder-caps.html)

houston 05-14-2017 11:53 AM

M2C SHOCK PISTONS AND BLEEDER CAPS!!

Mitch is an awesome guy with amazing products ... show him all the support you can ... M2C RACING !!

imaxx21 05-14-2017 03:30 PM

:weird:

houston 05-17-2017 04:59 PM

mitch has some awesome stuff .... very high quality and actually pertinent improvements to many different chassis

i am very impressed with his products and trust me when i say .... im not easily impressed

imaxx21 05-17-2017 06:50 PM

the plural is chassis ;)

hey bud

Breizhator 05-26-2017 09:22 PM

Any feedback ?

houston 06-01-2017 05:18 PM

i know i am very happy with M2C oring pistons and bleeder/non diaphragm/emulsion style caps ..... little more maintenance but the feel of the shock is much better in my opinion

bash bros 06-11-2017 01:49 PM

M2C is the best. Their clutches and motor mounts make life easier :)

Breizhator 06-18-2017 07:27 AM

I tryed last sathurday M2C o-ring pistons and ZRS shock caps and very awesome

Teufel Racing 06-18-2017 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 14942457)
i know i am very happy with M2C oring pistons and bleeder/non diaphragm/emulsion style caps ..... little more maintenance but the feel of the shock is much better in my opinion

I agree,
Thank you for the suggestion, even though it was for the "e" car, they are both very good additions. I might have to get me a M2C chassis next too.

adrictan 06-19-2017 04:59 AM

Mitch, any chance you could do some ZRS for the Soar buggy?

Jwilliams5 06-23-2017 01:31 PM

An option for you may be find someone who upgraded and try their caps on your shocks. I know most inter change with little to no mods as these caps have a very short threaded section. I've been running the oring pistons and the ZRS caps for about a month or so working with Mitch personally trying develop a few more setup options with both of these items. Awesome guy, absolutely the only person who ever took the front end off my buggy while I was marshaling!!! Funny times! Truly a unique individual

TrespasseR_MN 06-30-2017 05:20 PM

so looking at m2c pistons, I only find 8x1.2 for nt48.3, however looking at tekno's setups lutz,fischer,bornhorst seem to run 8x1.3. with that 1.2 really feel that different? and another thing on m2c's site they state recommended using 300-400cst oils however they all run seems 600+ anytime so going by a tekno setup, these pistons would'nt work right?

m2c9657 16 MM 8 HOLE 1.2 THRU HOLE

jeromerc 06-30-2017 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by TrespasseR_MN (Post 14965358)
so looking at m2c pistons, I only find 8x1.2 for nt48.3, however looking at tekno's setups lutz,fischer,bornhorst seem to run 8x1.3. with that 1.2 really feel that different? and another thing on m2c's site they state recommended using 300-400cst oils however they all run seems 600+ anytime so going by a tekno setup, these pistons would'nt work right?

m2c9657 16 MM 8 HOLE 1.2 THRU HOLE

That is not entirely true. You can make the holes bigger, I heard they sell blank pistons or were going to start with the drill bit. On the weight change, it is because the shocks are truly more efficient than standard shock pistons. This means if you use the same heavy oil it will be like adding heavier oil rather than following a setup. I ran the new pistons back to back, and ran what Mitch recommended and found it was a bit soft, so I went up just a hair which was still lower than I normally ran. SO.... If you are that worried, I would say make the holes bigger, which is easy, and then split the difference in the setup and what Mitch recommends. Or run it without drilling them out and see first. With the holes already drilled, making them bigger is as simple as finding the right bit.

That being said, I have not ran the pistons with the bleeder caps yet, only the pistons and everything I heard is that the caps really take the pistons to another level...

Jwilliams5 07-01-2017 05:16 PM

It definitely brings the car as a package to a whole other level!!! Currently been playing with custom piston configurations, more commonly found combos that is. Personally the 6 hole pistons are a favorite. I've been trying tapered, split hole sizes, and multi hole tapers... it sounds overly complicated, but mainly it's just 6,8,10 hole pistons with varying combos of tapered holes and split hole sizes. The best all around piston for medium grip tracks has been a 6 hole with 3-1.2mm holes and 3-1.4mm holes. I've done 2 variations with tapered holes as well. But standard 6-1.3 pistons have become a go to favorite. I personally like a heavier shock oil than what's suggested. But it's mainly a guide line and you can run or use any weight oil necessary to get the proper feel. Different cars geometries, need or want different weight oils. For instance 3-2.1 pistons feel amazing on a tekno .4 with 40/35 oils. Same package in a Mbx7r needs 50/45 for roughly the same feel on the track. All due to geometry. Or at least that's what I've found for myself.

houston 08-03-2017 10:02 AM

Mitch is awesome .... period

always working to improve his products ... :tire: