HELP! Cant Get Screw Out

Like Tree4Likes

HELP! Cant Get Screw Out

Old 03-13-2017, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default HELP! Cant Get Screw Out

Hi Everyone,

I was tearing down my new buggy (Losi 8IGHT Buggy RTR) and the screw that holds the rear shock on the arm is not backing out. It just turns and turns but its not backing out. THere is nothing holding it on the thread end like a nut or anything, just wont come out. The other side comes out just fine

Old 03-13-2017, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Try using a pair of needle nose pliers (or other pliers that you can comfortably grab the head with) grabbing the head of the screw while you spin it out you pull on the head
with the pliers! Sounds complicated, but its not!

Let us know how you make out!!!
Old 03-13-2017, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

If the screw is black, then its Reverse thread...turn other way. This is only on the left rear and the front right. Losi reverse thread screws are black....I think. Lol
Jerm13 and Sinn1612 like this.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neesh View Post
If the screw is black, then its Reverse thread...turn other way. This is only on the left rear and the front right. Losi reverse thread screws are black....I think. Lol
They are....and should be installed in the right front and left rear of the vehicle. I say "should" because I have seen some on the opposite side but that is not correct.
Neesh likes this.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Neesh View Post

WTH, who does that!??! lol

Well that explains it.

Sorry guys for being such a noob to Losi (1st one)

Now I have to go buy a new screw because this one stripped, after the fact
Old 03-14-2017, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoking1230 View Post

WTH, who does that!??! lol

Well that explains it.

Sorry guys for being such a noob to Losi (1st one)

Now I have to go buy a new screw because this one stripped, after the fact
You're probably going to need a new arm as well...
Old 03-14-2017, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jerm13 View Post
DOH!
Old 03-14-2017, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

They are....and should be installed in the right front and left rear of the vehicle. I say "should" because I have seen some on the opposite side but that is not correct.
And for the life of me I couldn't figure out why one side was a black screw, and the other a silver screw....now I know. Good grief. They should mention that in the manual. And yes I read it, and no it was not in there
Old 03-14-2017, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

kinda of backwards but what do you expect from LOSI. They make decent kits, but mickey mouse everything else. What I don't like is if you need something like a gasket for say your engine back plate, you just can't buy the gasket / o-ring you have to buy the entire assembly. Just saying....
Old 03-14-2017, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Ran home at lunch time, nope, dont need a new arm, new screw....DEFINITELY
Old 03-14-2017, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NitroJunky721 View Post
kinda of backwards but what do you expect from LOSI. They make decent kits, but mickey mouse everything else. What I don't like is if you need something like a gasket for say your engine back plate, you just can't buy the gasket / o-ring you have to buy the entire assembly. Just saying....
I've done R/C for quite a few years and took a break, definitely not new to it, but I also expect to learn a lot as well as I don't know everything. (electric I have no clue on but that might be my next kit) I was not aware of this so I have no problem chalking that up under learning something new everyday
Old 03-14-2017, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroJunky721 View Post
What is Mickey Mouse? What engine are you referring too? The only one I can think of is the 350. Most of the parts have been discontinued for this product, but GS hobbies have the gasket set in stock. There many not be many out there, but they have them in stock.

Originally Posted by Evoking1230 View Post
And for the life of me I couldn't figure out why one side was a black screw, and the other a silver screw....now I know. Good grief. They should mention that in the manual. And yes I read it, and no it was not in there
The reverse threaded screw has been a part of the TLR 8ights since around 2009 with the 2.0. This is noted in the last two manuals I believe. Before the left hand screw, they used a special screw with a notch in to and used a set screw in the bottom of the arm to hold the screw in.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by token View Post
What is Mickey Mouse? What engine are you referring too? The only one I can think of is the 350. Most of the parts have been discontinued for this product, but GS hobbies have the gasket set in stock. There many not be many out there, but they have them in stock.

The reverse threaded screw has been a part of the TLR 8ights since around 2009 with the 2.0. This is noted in the last two manuals I believe. Before the left hand screw, they used a special screw with a notch in to and used a set screw in the bottom of the arm to hold the screw in.
The 3.4 motor is what I'm talking about. You need a smaller part you have to buy the whole assembly. I think its a joke the way LOSI markets their products that way. With TRAXXAS you need an O-Ring set you can buy one without say having to buy a backing plate or carb or whatever the case may be.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by token View Post

Is there some kind of reason for this or are they just backwards. Lets throw a monkey wrench in the mix. I'm only stating the obvious. Maybe they do it that way hoping you will strip the screw and part forcing you buy a new one.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Losi as well as many other manufacturers use the reverse screw only on this 2 locations mentioned. Reason being with the suspension movement, those screws if it weren't reversed thread, usually backs out on its own. Many other manufacturers still use the regular screws so props to losi on including it in their rtr as well. Should've been noted otherwise tho.
token likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.