Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree95Likes

2017 DNC race

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

I dont like the +40 class. Not at all, and the legends class was stupid IMO. I believe there should be separate classes for SKILL level as one class for these races would intimidate alot of new racers that are not a a pro" level.

Last edited by token; 03-03-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:05 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lilstewie
My understanding, and the way I saw it at DNC, was the "Legends" class was created to keep the "Pros" that qualify for 40+ from entering that class, which is why it was dropped to a 35+ class. So, you would not be able to run both the "40+" and "Legends" class.

I find it kinda bs in general. By the time the "Pros" reach their mid-late 30's, they start to lose a bit of that reflex, and I don't think the extra time matters that much, but might help them figure things out a little better to compete with the "young guns" so to speak.
ll then legends should be 40+ right? It's just a money grab.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I think too much of the big races are centered around making the "pros" happy. I say screw them they are not forking out $3000-4000 it costs to show up at these events. Give them one practice heat and one qually and its off to the mains for them, that would clear up a bunch of track time for people who are actually paying for the event.
Seeing someone who gets paid to play with toy cars complain about track time really irks me.
Those classes were created to give the guys footing the bill more damn RACE time(not practice or qualifying but actual racing).

IF you run pro you should be locked to that category
RandyJones likes this.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

That's a great idea....Lets get rid of all the different classes and make it 1 buggy, 1 truck and 1 electric class

Not sure if you are aware of this...Its about making money.
How many people will forgo the event if they have absolutely no chance of making the show? Hell even the D-mains... And don't tell me that the profits will be supplemented by food sales and spectators....

Now go back to your meth lab as the fumes have not completely destroyed you....yet
Old 03-03-2017, 12:24 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
I think too much of the big races are centered around making the "pros" happy. I say screw them they are not forking out $3000-4000 it costs to show up at these events. Give them one practice heat and one qually and its off to the mains for them, that would clear up a bunch of track time for people who are actually paying for the event.
Seeing someone who gets paid to play with toy cars complain about track time really irks me.
Those classes were created to give the guys footing the bill more damn RACE time(not practice or qualifying but actual racing).

IF you run pro you should be locked to that category
Name one race that is centered around the pro class.

Also, I spend way more money on RC than you.
hyperfuxx and 1/8 IC Fan like this.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

your being a bit of an oversensitive dbag buddy. Old man drake beat you get over it
BTW you dont spend shit your company does, big difference
Scott B likes this.

Last edited by HaulinBass; 03-03-2017 at 01:08 PM. Reason: cant fight fire with fire(aka douchebaggery)
Old 03-03-2017, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerm13
That's a great idea....Lets get rid of all the different classes and make it 1 buggy, 1 truck and 1 electric class

Not sure if you are aware of this...Its about making money.
How many people will forgo the event if they have absolutely no chance of making the show? Hell even the D-mains... And don't tell me that the profits will be supplemented by food sales and spectators....

Now go back to your meth lab as the fumes have not completely destroyed you....yet
If they forgo the event because they'll be in the J main where they belong then maybe real competition isn't for them. Maybe they need to go back to t-ball where everyone gets a trophy.
RandyJones and 30Tooth like this.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'd be curious how much overlap there is between the qualifying times of the skill classes. Are the top 50% of the Sportsman guys as fast as the bottom 50% of the Experts? Same for Expert vs. Pro. If everyone entered the class appropriate for their skills, there would be zero overlap but that's obviously never going to be the case.
Andyg01 likes this.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kja812
I'd be curious how much overlap there is between the qualifying times of the skill classes. Are the top 50% of the Sportsman guys as fast as the bottom 50% of the Experts? Same for Expert vs. Pro. If everyone entered the class appropriate for their skills, there would be zero overlap but that's obviously never going to be the case.
I think the word is sandbagging...
RandyJones and Goof like this.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kja812
Actually , if there were no classes and everyone was sorted after qualifying , you would solve all these issues and the cards would fall where they may. Would like to see that play out one time ....

EDIT: Just noticed the mention of this further back ...
Apco1 likes this.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by smash8ight
I think the word is sandbagging...
Allowing people to determine their own skill level is dumb. If races insist on the pro/expert/sportsman format there should be a simple system to determine who needs to be in what skill level. For example,have seeding practice like always. Then run two rounds of qualifying, do a resort, top quarter of the field is pro, then split the remaining down the middle as expert and sportsman. One more round of quals and run mains. Or something similar. That way the only way to sandbag is to suck on purpose.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Apco1
Allowing people to determine their own skill level is dumb. If races insist on the pro/expert/sportsman format there should be a simple system to determine who needs to be in what skill level. For example,have seeding practice like always. Then run two rounds of qualifying, do a resort, top quarter of the field is pro, then split the remaining down the middle as expert and sportsman. One more round of quals and run mains. Or something similar. That way the only way to sandbag is to suck on purpose.
edit: just notice wittyname kinda already said this.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I have never been to a race that was pro only! Its always been local racers, regional racers, weekenders, semi pros, and pros at the events.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like the idea of one Open class and one Sportsman class. Open class for the pros and serious racers, sportsman for the guys that just want to have a good time racing or don't have the time/money to keep up with the latest gear, etc.

It's a better time for all because Pros don't have to navigate around slower drivers as much and slowers guys don't have to worry about getting in the way/getting yelled at by the faster guys.

I think Master/40+/Legends should go away. This isn't motocross where physical limitations are important. If you are older and can't keep up with the experts/pros anymore then you can run sportsman.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apco1
So shouldn't JQ THE owner have told his driver not to enter the legends class as a protest since JQ THE person thinks its unfair? Sure would make your argument hold more water if you weren't contributing to the perceived problem.
Seems logical.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.