Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree95Likes

2017 DNC race

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vandalzzz
Interesting engine stats from Pro Buggy final: 10 out of 15 engines are from factory in Japan.
Just not the first two..

(So like, two out of the three that "matter"...)

Also doesn't look like it made the night and day difference for Lutz some (Alpha-hating..) people have been forseeing... 9th place as usual ha ha...
Old 02-28-2017, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Also doesn't look like it made the night and day difference for Lutz some (Alpha-hating..) people have been forseeing... 9th place as usual ha ha...
And he only TQed Truggy
1/8 IC Fan and fenton06 like this.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:32 AM
Tech Addict

his final "bad" placings had nothing to do with engine.
he was actually the only driver in truggy final pitting at 9min.
read his report:

2017 Dirt Nitro Challenge @ Fear Farm « Lutzinator.com ~ The Official Site of Ryan Lutz
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If Lutz didn't break in truggy, I think he would have easily podiumed.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ryan had servo issues in Truggy that lead to the breakage and was on 9 minute pits for the first time...ever... in truggy. He would have finished much better if it were not for other issues.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Maifield was pitting at 7:30 or something,still made no difference in the outcome, lutz has done very well with alpha in buggy and truggy in the past(qualifying). Its mentally hard to finish at the top against the worlds best drivers. No matter what your engine package
Old 02-28-2017, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

I didn't mean anything negative towards Lutz btw. More just sarcasm directed at people who can't accept that decent engines can come out of Taiwan or who insist that everyone needs to drive a $500 Speed.. (pros, maybe... Joe club-racer Schmoe, absolutely not..) And by extension those who expect Lutz changing to OS is going to mean automatic podiums..
Old 02-28-2017, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Those of you that were not at the track have no idea how bad it was. The comment of that is how off-road should be has no idea what they are talking about. Most all of us enjoy the hobby for the fun it can be. When a track is so difficult to run on then it really sucks because now we aren't having fun.
Joey did make adjustments to a few jumps because they just were not correct. The surface was really bumpy to start with and should have been tamped further on Tuesday night. Especially leading to the front section of triples. The layout was not as fun as the last DNC I went to. Not every track is going to be a winner.
gt racing and black blood like this.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Just not the first two..

(So like, two out of the three that "matter"...)

To be Honest, It looked like Lutz had a chance at a pair of Podiums.. His driving seemed to improve with better motors..
Old 02-28-2017, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Those of you that were not at the track have no idea how bad it was. The comment of that is how off-road should be has no idea what they are talking about. Most all of us enjoy the hobby for the fun it can be. When a track is so difficult to run on then it really sucks because now we aren't having fun.
Joey did make adjustments to a few jumps because they just were not correct. The surface was really bumpy to start with and should have been tamped further on Tuesday night. Especially leading to the front section of triples. The layout was not as fun as the last DNC I went to. Not every track is going to be a winner.
If your not having fun because it's not easy you might want to relook things, I'm not having fun until it gets really difficult. This is one thing I can see eye to eye with gord tessmann about a difficult track, it only makes the slower guys improve faster and the best are still fastest. Easy tracks just lead average drivers to believe they are much more skilled than they really are.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Totally agree with above, an easy track you can take out of the equation and focus on just driving consistent. It feels like you are fast at the time, but it really just dumbs down your driving skills
Old 02-28-2017, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
If you think that was rough you have no idea what we use to race on. Ryan Lutz can tell you what the old Freedom Hill track was like. Your buggy would disappear in a whole and come out the other side. I have to agree with what others have said. It is part of the challenge. Increases your skill
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
If your not having fun because it's not easy you might want to relook things, I'm not having fun until it gets really difficult. This is one thing I can see eye to eye with gord tessmann about a difficult track, it only makes the slower guys improve faster and the best are still fastest. Easy tracks just lead average drivers to believe they are much more skilled than they really are.
I agree with both...some tracks that stay together after rounds of qualifiers can make for some great mains...been there...but when a track starts coming apart it is up to me to adjust my lines.know the slowest driver in that main can drive straight through a field of cars,if he is the only one to do that.been there too.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

[QUOTE=smash8ight;14853910]I agree with both...some tracks that stay together after rounds of qualifiers can make for some great mains...been there...but when a track starts coming apart it is up to me to adjust my lines.know the slowest driver in that main can drive straight through a field of cars,if he is the only one to do that.been there too.[/QUOTE I can see how those crater holes would get old on a track that big though....
Old 02-28-2017, 05:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have been to DNC from 2008 to current. It's the one race I don't kiss. I can confirm that this years surface was more moonlike than any of the previous 9 that I have been to. The surface started out very very rough. This was due to the amount of water the track took the few days prior to DNC. I arrived in Monday to set up my pit area and the entire factory pit area was a sloppy mud pit/ underwater. I was impressed that we were able to walk in there 2 days later. It is what it is and they have a saying at DNC. "It's the same for everybody"
nitroal, RandyJones and 1/8 IC Fan like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.