Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Tekno NB48.4 Thread >

Tekno NB48.4 Thread

Like Tree69Likes

Tekno NB48.4 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-07-2017, 08:14 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno NB48.4 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Aluminum Servo Horn:

-TKR5251B (23T)
-TKR5252B (24T)
-TKR5253B (25T)

TiNi Shock Shafts

-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (Rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that we recommend you keep on hand:
Tips and Tricks
Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips

Tekno RC Instructional YouTube Video Playlist

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on our website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all of our vehicles can be found here.

What is overdrive and when should I use it?

The NB48.4 comes stock with a 12t pinion (TKR8152) and the 39t ring (TKR8151) in both the front and rear and the EB48.4 has a 12t pinion (TKR8152B) and the 40t ring (TKR8151B) in both the front and rear.

The two sets of gears are used to overdrive the front of the EBs or underdrive the rear of the NBs. If you have both vehicles and want to try underdrive it's as easy as swapping the front diff and pinion of the EB and the rear diff and pinion of the NB. Underdrive helps on very loose tracks, when you need more on power steering or if the rear of the car feels loose.

Print Wikipost

Old 02-19-2017, 02:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

D = 20mm
C = 32mm
B = 26mm
A = 46mm
Old 02-19-2017, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi shannow,

Merci toi !

Bye !
Old 02-19-2017, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Looking for feedback from new nb48.4 owners who also owned the .3 nitro buggy. Would like info on how the 4 handles/drives on med and low traction tracks compared to the .3. Thank you in advance
Old 02-20-2017, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX View Post
Looking for feedback from new nb48.4 owners who also owned the .3 nitro buggy. Would like info on how the 4 handles/drives on med and low traction tracks compared to the .3. Thank you in advance
Well my first though is the .4 feels easier to push harder, easier to drive with out feeling like your over driving, turns on a dime with only small changes from box set up, I went up rear sway bar, up 50 wt shock oils and one heavier spring all round, rest felt really good on a loose blown out bumpy track, 3 day event this weekend on a grippy grooved clay so get back to you next week
Old 02-20-2017, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shannow View Post
D = 20mm
C = 32mm
B = 26mm
A = 46mm

nice, I have no experience w/tekno, is this the buggy to get, over kyosho etc?or is it a midway buggy?
Old 02-21-2017, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin View Post
nice, I have no experience w/tekno, is this the buggy to get, over kyosho etc?or is it a midway buggy?
Hey bud I know one thing so far as I haven't ran my new .4 yet but quality is very much and every bit as much up there with Kyosho all day long . The build was flawless and fit and finish was incredible.. I can't wait to get this buggy on the track.Ryan Lutz told me it's so much easier to drive fast without pushing it hard . I hope this helps sway you to a Tekno .. I'm so happy with my purchase and I paid about 350$less and the quality is just as good . Kyosho is a legendary company and the mp9 is a great buggy ,but to me it's like buying Jordans ur paying for the name . but ask a Kyosho driver and they'll usually say If a person is complaining about the price then they couldn't afford it .. so Ive heard . But the TEKNO is every bit as good if not better specially in performance.just my Opinion
Old 02-21-2017, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin View Post
This is my first tekno, it's a top level buggy out the box. Toughest buggy on the market. New buggy is supposed to be way easier to drive compared to th .3, been racing Mugen for the past 5yrs. Felt right at home with this buggy. My son said he felt he needed to push the mugen harder to go fast compared to the tekno. Above all, the company is really supportive!!
Old 02-22-2017, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by batremi View Post
Hey bud I know one thing so far as I haven't ran my new .4 yet but quality is very much and every bit as much up there with Kyosho all day long . The build was flawless and fit and finish was incredible.. I can't wait to get this buggy on the track.Ryan Lutz told me it's so much easier to drive fast without pushing it hard . I hope this helps sway you to a Tekno .. I'm so happy with my purchase and I paid about 350$less and the quality is just as good . Kyosho is a legendary company and the mp9 is a great buggy ,but to me it's like buying Jordans ur paying for the name . but ask a Kyosho driver and they'll usually say If a person is complaining about the price then they couldn't afford it .. so Ive heard . But the TEKNO is every bit as good if not better specially in performance.just my Opinion
totally agree, how's the driveline, a k car, you can blow on it and it rolls?? ZERO resistance=less power needed=less fill ups= extra lap??? if your at that level, I time my tanks and driving, I can drop any car on any track and honest box setup, ILL ADJUST TO IT,LOL, IT MORE about fuel consumption and how many pit stops in a 30 min a main, local, 1 hour , race....IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE,

I see these guy slamming the heck out of the throttle, try feathering the throttle like a electric, and put ear lugs in so you don't hear every goof ball revving to the moon, and tell me your not noticeably faster.......you WILL be, thanks I think ill order a couple kits now.....

Last edited by Cpt.America; 02-28-2017 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Watch your language
Old 02-22-2017, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

so what everone one review on this buggy is it worth getting or move on some think easl
i want a honest truth not by a team driver by ppl who dont drive for tekno
is it better then .3
Old 02-22-2017, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by coombes View Post
so what everone one review on this buggy is it worth getting or move on some think easl
i want a honest truth not by a team driver by ppl who dont drive for tekno
is it better then .3
Yes, it's better!
Old 02-27-2017, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here is some video footage from the first heat ( first event with the new car ) ACT State Titles, I made some changes during the event and buggy feels great.

Went 2.5 rear sway bar, 600/500 shocks, 8/8/5 diff oils and pink front springs and red rear springs, now the buggy feels teknotastic for my driving style, everything else is still box set up

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Ilias likes this.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Nice video SAM, I run almost same setup except for 6k in center. Easier to get on power on Med loose conditions.

Originally Posted by savagesam View Post
Here is some video footage from the first heat ( first event with the new car ) ACT State Titles, I made some changes during the event and buggy feels great.

Went 2.5 rear sway bar, 600/500 shocks, 8/8/5 diff oils and pink front springs and red rear springs, now the buggy feels teknotastic for my driving style, everything else is still box set up

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni View Post
My hope is that everyone appreciates the functionality of the body. The refueling bay was the main thing I wanted to incorporate into the design. It also allows the body to be more rigid around the cockpit. There's also an embossed ring around the engine head, again to create a stronger body that doesn't flex as much as a traditional body would.

Who painted this body?
Old 02-28-2017, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kpjr7321 View Post
Who painted this body?
Diggity Paints
kpjr7321 likes this.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

What do you do for air filter maintenance? Thanks