Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

JQ RACING - The Black Edition

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

With the correct amount of shims in the diff and put together can you turn the outdrives?(make the gears inside turn) or does it lockup? If you can spin it without it locking up I would prolly let it break in. Or break it 8n with a drill 1/10 ball diff style. Then drain and replace fluid (look at all the sparkly brand new diff fluid you just dumped.) I had a mp9 diff like that. I broke it in with a drill then rebuilt.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Break in

Originally Posted by oggietiu
Building my BE now and I encountered some kind of a problem. How do you properly shim ? This is regarding shimming the gears inside the diff. As per Manual you have to put 2 shims each under the big sun gear. Doing so make the diff very tight. I did 1 each under the Sun Gear. Feels ok but not sure cause I feel its too loose for a 10K diff oil. This is for the front diff.
Its supposed to be tight the whole drive train is tight after you build it go run it on the pavement for about 3-4 tanks and after 1/2 gallon change the diff oils the drive train will free up after 3-4 tanks of fuel the car needs to break in completely.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by BermyDomRepRC
Its supposed to be tight the whole drive train is tight after you build it go run it on the pavement for about 3-4 tanks and after 1/2 gallon change the diff oils the drive train will free up after 3-4 tanks of fuel the car needs to break in completely.
Oh ok. I’ll put the Shims back again and breakin the kit. The only Thing is I am pressed for time. Hope I’ll have time cuz I plan to run The kit in FEMCA in two weeks time.
stanleyw808 likes this.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Arrow Break in

Originally Posted by oggietiu
Oh ok. I’ll put the Shims back again and breakin the kit. The only Thing is I am pressed for time. Hope I’ll have time cuz I plan to run The kit in FEMCA in two weeks time.
You should go run the car for about a half a gallon period so it can break in
Old 04-16-2018, 01:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Just finnished my built of the 1 of 500 Black Edition. The built went flawless and all parts were easy and logical to mount. I really liked that the driveshafts was pre mounted in the kit. I have built a lot of kits the past years and this kit really felt high quality all the way from start to the last screw.

The only things that still needs to be done is to cut out for the exhaust and to wait for the engine to be mount proper. The engine is sent to Ebis break in service for proper break in.

I also want to shout of to the great support that JQ has worldwide. Always fast response and really great guys that tries their best to help.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ljungberg

Just finnished my built of the 1 of 500 Black Edition. The built went flawless and all parts were easy and logical to mount. I really liked that the driveshafts was pre mounted in the kit. I have built a lot of kits the past years and this kit really felt high quality all the way from start to the last screw.

The only things that still needs to be done is to cut out for the exhaust and to wait for the engine to be mount proper. The engine is sent to Ebis break in service for proper break in.

I also want to shout of to the great support that JQ has worldwide. Always fast response and really great guys that tries their best to help.

Looks good! I just ran mine for the first time this past weekend and I loved it!
ljungberg likes this.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Gene the machine Hickerson drives JQ Black ..

ljungberg likes this.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

All, I just received my BE Q spec and I have 2 different sized clutch bell bearings in the bag. One looks like standard size and the other is thinner and has a larger inner diameter. Is this correct for JQ products? The manual shows one part # (jqb0184), so I assume one of them is not correct. Do I have the wrong part?

thanks, Mike
Old 05-05-2018, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikal
All, I just received my BE Q spec and I have 2 different sized clutch bell bearings in the bag. One looks like standard size and the other is thinner and has a larger inner diameter. Is this correct for JQ products? The manual shows one part # (jqb0184), so I assume one of them is not correct. Do I have the wrong part?

thanks, Mike
Weird, you probably have one 5x10x4 (which is the clutch bell bearing) and the 6x10x3 (steering post). Maybe the other clutch bearing is in the steering bag? Check the whole kit carefully, I was also annoyed the first time i bought a JQ kit years ago, thinking I didn't get one shock cap bladder, only to find out it was already in the cap
Old 05-05-2018, 05:03 AM
Tech Addict

Thank you for the response, but I have the Q spec and everything else is already together. I just wanted to make sure 2 different sized bearings were needed. Can anyone verify the parts below will work on the car? I know the servo saver top is correct.
Jqp-jqb0175-servo saver top
Asc 27316-reedy life hump receiver pack
Ptk-7816 L shaped servo horn-25 tooth
Ptk-7814 L shaped servo horn-24 tooth
I want to use life batteries (not Lipo)
I may switch between jr and Hitec servos. All part numbers are AMainhobbies
Are these correct?
Please let me know so I can finish my build.

Thanks, Mike
Sent from my iPhone
Old 05-05-2018, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

No no, they are not different. The clutchbell uses two 5x10x4 mm bearings, same as 99% of the other kits. The hump size is the correct one, yes. And people have used the Protek L-shaped servo horns, yes. I've seen it on a few pics, might get one myself.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you for the response’s. I figured one of the bearings was wrong. Also, placed an order for the other parts.

Thanks guys for the help

Old 05-05-2018, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Can someone post the part number for the +1 hubs?
JQB0194-found it.

Last edited by mikal; 05-05-2018 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Found answer
Old 05-06-2018, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mikal
Thank you for the response’s. I figured one of the bearings was wrong. Also, placed an order for the other parts.

Thanks guys for the help

The clutch bearings should be the same size but any 5x10 clutch bearing will fit in the clutch not just JQ ones Id get myself a sleeve of 10 as clutch bearings are disposable also please contact me at [email protected] any time with questions or any information you may need.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, stock up on clutch bell bearing. As THE White Edition said (love that nickname man, love it!), get a lot of them. I always put new ones on race day, no matter if its a "cheap" one or expensive. I then clean&oil the old ones and use them on practice days, but for race day I always put new ones.
BermyDomRepRC likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.