Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
JQ RACING - The Black Edition >

JQ RACING - The Black Edition

Like Tree248Likes

JQ RACING - The Black Edition

Old 12-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by creamyturtle
hey does anybody know where I can get some 'soft' JQ front springs?
There are some soft (silver) springs on the JQ International store.
(Option Parts Yellow Edition section).
Old 12-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ozziii
There are some soft (silver) springs on the JQ International store.
(Option Parts Yellow Edition section).
Thanks ozziii! I tried to buy them on that store but it says there are 'no shipping options' for my address I will glady pay the international shipping ransom haha
Old 12-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kyosho Kid
you mean the white springs?
yeah I thought they were white but I guess there's also some Silver 'soft' springs too?
Old 12-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yea they are softer than white.....but why do you want such a soft spring?
Old 12-11-2017, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You could just get some soft Kyosho spring. Like something softer like Kyosho orange but 1 or 2 steps softer. Idk the colors...
Old 12-13-2017, 04:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kyosho Kid
Yea they are softer than white.....but why do you want such a soft spring?
I am interested in trying a soft-spring, heavy-roll bar combination setup on my car
Old 12-14-2017, 12:05 PM
JQ
Tech Master

They will be too soft! dont bother.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JQ
They will be too soft! dont bother.
Thanks JQ. I got my Spec-Q up and running this week but I had some issues with the motor mounts. If I use the forward position on the mount, my engine hits the front screws and I can't mount it (Protek LS-5). But if I use the rear position, my flywheel is too far back to fit into the chassis slot for the starter. I was able to get it working by using the RTR engine mounts, which don't have those bolt heads coming out of the top.

Do you guys have a workaround for this besides dremelling my engine? And does anybody even use the rear position?

Another problem I am having is with my starter box. I have the Kyosho Mulistarter which is a kickass box that works with almost any car. This box worked awesome with the RTR but I can't for the life of me get it to work with the BE. The only position I can get the flywheel to match the starter wheel is a position in which I can't mount the 4th peg to hold the car on. So I can get the car to start no problemo, but I have to sort of 'hold' it in that position, as the 4th peg isn't there to hold it. I'm contemplating drilling my own hole in the box so I can mount the 4th peg, but idk. Is there a more suitable starter box for this car?
Old 12-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had the same happening with Nova based engines
if you turn the top mounts around you get 2mm extra space for the engine tabs
Old 12-18-2017, 02:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by speedy2
I had the same happening with Nova based engines
if you turn the top mounts around you get 2mm extra space for the engine tabs
Thank you!! yeah it's basically a nova p5 bottom end
Old 12-18-2017, 02:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

obligatory JQ eye candy

Harrison477 likes this.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks JQ. I got my Spec-Q up and running this week but I had some issues with the motor mounts. If I use the forward position on the mount, my engine hits the front screws and I can't mount it (Protek LS-5). But if I use the rear position, my flywheel is too far back to fit into the chassis slot for the starter. I was able to get it working by using the RTR engine mounts, which don't have those bolt heads coming out of the top.

Do you guys have a workaround for this besides dremelling my engine? And does anybody even use the rear position?

Another problem I am having is with my starter box. I have the Kyosho Mulistarter which is a kickass box that works with almost any car. This box worked awesome with the RTR but I can't for the life of me get it to work with the BE. The only position I can get the flywheel to match the starter wheel is a position in which I can't mount the 4th peg to hold the car on. So I can get the car to start no problemo, but I have to sort of 'hold' it in that position, as the 4th peg isn't there to hold it. I'm contemplating drilling my own hole in the box so I can mount the 4th peg, but idk. Is there a more suitable starter box for this car?
There are 4 possible engine positions, and you tried 1 (furthest forward) and 3 assuming you have the engine mount arrows facing forward. For now, you can have the arrows face back and mount the engine in the forward holes, which is 2mm further back than stock. That being said, in my opinion the car is most consistent and can be pushed hardest with the engine full forward, so I would eventually cut the case for it to fit. It's only an issue with Novarossi based engines.
underway and Harrison477 like this.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I know you dont want to grind the engine block( i did and its really no big deal) but thats the only way to mount the engine all the way forward with NOVA engines.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:33 AM
JQ
Tech Master

You shouldn't be putting a NOVA based engine in there anyway!
Kyosho Kid and stanleyw808 like this.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey guys I took my new Black Edition to the track last night. compared to my RTR kit this thing is night and day. I was just running the stock Spec-Q setup to see what it was like. the BE handles great and is an awesome jumper. no matter what you do with the throttle the car wants to land flat

I did manage to break a front upper shock bolt after casing a jump pretty hard. I couldn't fix it at the track because it stripped the end of the shock mount pretty bad unfortunately

does anybody know what the stock setup for the Spec-Q is? regarding shock oils and diff oils. it seems pretty solid, I just might need to lighten up the front diff oil to get some more steering entering the corners

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.