Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Agama A215SV ::Official Thread::

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 11:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well, we will see the next buggy ... For me (it's my opinion, nothing else) the SV was a step back, sincerely. Shock towers don't work, in the first month I changed them (MIT carbon fiber for A215 on the rear, stock alu A215 front). The problem with the front old shock tower is less droop in front, a litle problem, not critical.

The steering system makes the front end so "lock" in the corner, entering and passing. The problem is that the rear end cannot lock in the same way, and it is so hard to maintain the line. With the old shock towers this behavior changes a lot (better,for sure).

The lower shock towers works better in clean, hard packed, high grip surfaces,but this is not the real world in general.

Other thing I don't understand is the fuel tank. When agama shown the SV, I didn't believe they don't change it, because it is to small (about 115cc or less). You have to make a long travel with fuel tubbing to achieve 125. A lot of people putting in the Losi 8ight 4.0 fuel tank.

When I first start racing the A215, I love it, the handling was awesome. When the SV came to my hands... honest I prefer the old A215.

Honest, it is only mi opinion. Possible I'm wrong ;-)
Old 08-19-2018, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jeancc

The thing I don't understand is the fuel tank. When agama shown the SV, I didn't believe they don't change it, because it is to small (about 115cc or less). You have to make a long travel with fuel tubbing to achieve 125. A lot of people putting in the Losi 8ight 4.0 fuel tank.
Im about due a new Fuel Tank, is it a direct fit or modded to fit?
Old 08-19-2018, 10:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

It's direct fit, but there is a detail: losi fuel tank has no "fuel splashes" protection, so we glued on top the mugen mbx7 splash protection, part number MUGE2802
DIME:RC likes this.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:55 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Never heard of the fuel tank being and issue, I believe most is not all of the team guys run the stock tank, there is a removable insert that adds capacity , I myself get 8-9 mins per tank, and have gone 10+ on occasion.
as far as the Sv compared to the A215, the SV does indeed have more steering and A more aggressive feel on the track, but once you find the setup this car is money, the Sv towers are shorter to get more droop, geometry isn’t much different than the A215 towers

The Agama cars are soo underrated , durability and wear wise hands down one of the best on the market, and drove as well as any other car out there , I can attest to this having owned Mugen, Tekno , HB and have driven Ae and Losi cars ...
Old 08-26-2018, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

are those Sv drive cups of better qualitiy than the original? need replacement and search for better quality.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:30 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wothrottle
are those Sv drive cups of better qualitiy than the original? need replacement and search for better quality.
original as in the A8 or A215?

Old 08-27-2018, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

a215
Old 08-27-2018, 04:02 AM
EJF
Tech Elite

The lightened drive cups on the SV have been holding up great! I have 4 plus gallons through mine with hardly any wear
keep in mind the front diff on the SV uses a longer outdrive , these are not needed on the A215

part number for the front and rear outdrives for a A 215 are 28219 and the center are 28228 ( same as the a215)

Old 08-27-2018, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Will the 150cc truggy tank fit in an a215 buggy? Need xtra fuel for oval race.
thanks
Ray
Old 08-27-2018, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raylesk
Will the 150cc truggy tank fit in an a215 buggy? Need xtra fuel for oval race.
thanks
Ray
Same mounting, only taller overall.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EJF
The lightened drive cups on the SV have been holding up great! I have 4 plus gallons through mine with hardly any wear
keep in mind the front diff on the SV uses a longer outdrive , these are not needed on the A215

part number for the front and rear outdrives for a A 215 are 28219 and the center are 28228 ( same as the a215)

Many thanks
Old 09-02-2018, 01:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EJF
Never heard of the fuel tank being and issue, I believe most is not all of the team guys run the stock tank, there is a removable insert that adds capacity , I myself get 8-9 mins per tank, and have gone 10+ on occasion.
as far as the Sv compared to the A215, the SV does indeed have more steering and A more aggressive feel on the track, but once you find the setup this car is money, the Sv towers are shorter to get more droop, geometry isn’t much different than the A215 towers

The Agama cars are soo underrated , durability and wear wise hands down one of the best on the market, and drove as well as any other car out there , I can attest to this having owned Mugen, Tekno , HB and have driven Ae and Losi cars ...
The tank has no issues. The problem is capacity. Remove the limiters, take a syringe and check capacity with regular fuel tubbing circuit. No more than 115-118 cc. You have to add extra fuel tubbing around air filter, engine... to achive 125.

If you compete in rc, it's so important to take advantage of all the points you can. 😉

The duarbility is awesome,of course. Great quality. But in my opinion, with 2 years driving SV, the A215 was better for me. An interesting thing: check pictures of agama drivers in European Championship in Portugal last month, and check shock towers and in some cases steering system. I thought my car was the unique with this "tunning options" but when I saw the other SV's the first quals I saw that I had no copyright about 😂

Note: see pictures a couple of post before of some sv kits (not mine) and check the fuel tank mounted in 😉.

Happy to chat with other agama drivers out of spain! 😀

Last edited by jeancc; 09-02-2018 at 01:47 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:58 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Unaware of the tank capacity but have gone over 10 mins on multiple occasions during mains... and for the normal average racer 5cc isn’t going to matter much ... but that’s the great thing about this hobby/ sport , some are always looking for that extra advantage if they feel the need...

as far as the SV compared to the A215, the SV steering is much more aggressive , and might not suit some, but have heard the newly released performance pack balances the handling of the car and makes it more linear to drive...
Old 09-03-2018, 08:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jeancc
Well, we will see the next buggy ... For me (it's my opinion, nothing else) the SV was a step back, sincerely. Shock towers don't work, in the first month I changed them (MIT carbon fiber for A215 on the rear, stock alu A215 front). The problem with the front old shock tower is less droop in front, a litle problem, not critical.

The steering system makes the front end so "lock" in the corner, entering and passing. The problem is that the rear end cannot lock in the same way, and it is so hard to maintain the line. With the old shock towers this behavior changes a lot (better,for sure).

The lower shock towers works better in clean, hard packed, high grip surfaces,but this is not the real world in general.

Other thing I don't understand is the fuel tank. When agama shown the SV, I didn't believe they don't change it, because it is to small (about 115cc or less). You have to make a long travel with fuel tubbing to achieve 125. A lot of people putting in the Losi 8ight 4.0 fuel tank.

When I first start racing the A215, I love it, the handling was awesome. When the SV came to my hands... honest I prefer the old A215.

Honest, it is only mi opinion. Possible I'm wrong ;-)

Opinions are always good and something to not ignore as the development of the Agama buggies continues The towers is preferential and we haven't tested with the old towers as we haven't quite seen the need to do it, I see a few people who have tried it to no real effect.

The DW01 steering plate is a very big step forward in the steering feel of the SV buggy, and all drivers who run the plate love it, people who dont run it or haven't yet, be sure to check it out.
Its not always obvious but when making changes to new releases there is always a limit with what can be changed through budget or demand, the standard fuel tank is around 117cc correct, and very very consistent,this is something that we are comfortable with/ not uncomfortable enough to have changed for the SV. Better slightly smaller, than constantly going oversized after a main final which is not good for anyone like I see with lots of other tanks.....With that in mind, we do have a new fuel tank coming on the 319 Buggy platform

On the topic of the A319 buggy, the development we have put into the buggy is sure to make it one for every level of driver, from top driver to the club guy
Old 09-07-2018, 08:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is the truggy fuel tank the correct size as far as cc capacity? I recently noticed the same issue with the buggy run time. I may try the losi fuel tank if it give you the correct cc raiting. I had only been getting 6 to maybe 7 min run time with a reds wr7 and reds clutch set on H.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.