Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Agama A215SV ::Official Thread:: >

Agama A215SV ::Official Thread::

Like Tree7Likes

Agama A215SV ::Official Thread::

Reply

Old 01-09-2017, 07:47 AM
  #46  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: England
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by Holymoly View Post
So i can order the upgrade package in GB?
The conversion is just around the corner for the US, it will be worth the wait !
Mark Rumble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:50 AM
  #47  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GERMANY
Posts: 90
Default

@Mark

And for germany?

Michael
iwillresist2008 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:34 AM
  #48  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: England
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by iwillresist2008 View Post
@Mark

And for germany?

Michael
Hi Michael,

Please check with the German Distributor TQ Speed Shop.
Mark Rumble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:47 AM
  #49  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Elche, Spain
Posts: 59
Default

Wich is the difference between a215 front sway bars and a215sv ones?
jeancc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:34 AM
  #50  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: England
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by jeancc View Post
Wich is the difference between a215 front sway bars and a215sv ones?
The shape of the sway bar is different, the A215 one bend parallel to the length of the car, but the SV one has a lesser angled bend at the end to meet up with the new sway bar link position.
Mark Rumble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:10 PM
  #51  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone explain the advantage of using the standard (narrower) plastic rear wing braces versus the wider aluminum braces?

I know for a while on the Agama A8 and A8T, there were wider aluminum braces available, but the A215 and now A215SV are back to the standard size. Thanks.
robracing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:16 PM
  #52  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: England
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by robracing View Post
Can anyone explain the advantage of using the standard (narrower) plastic rear wing braces versus the wider aluminum braces?

I know for a while on the Agama A8 and A8T, there were wider aluminum braces available, but the A215 and now A215SV are back to the standard size. Thanks.
Purely preferencial, the alloy braces are just an old hop up part for the A8 and A8T as you say. The stock plastic braces work perfectly well so the team just use them, no change in performance.
Mark Rumble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:54 PM
  #53  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
YANMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,237
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone had a chance to try out the new SV? I know Billy and the team guys have. I am looking for head back from the average Joe.
YANMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:22 AM
  #54  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (46)
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 758
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default First out with the SV

Originally Posted by YANMAN View Post
Has anyone had a chance to try out the new SV? I know Billy and the team guys have. I am looking for head back from the average Joe.
I had my SV out for the first time this past weekend. It was a cold weekend at the track, averaging just 45*F. I'd set the car up with my diffs the way I ran my A215 last summer (20f-3c-5r) and the suspension on the recommend US starting point setup that Billy T had shared. The colder temps and and much different and quickly changing track conditions than I normally ran had me trying many setup changes. I'll document my final setup this weekend. I know I moved the front shocks to the inner hole on the arm and went to red springs and moved the rear shocks in on the arm.

The car has great on power steering and turned well rolling corners but I was struggling with steering under braking.

I'm not an expert racer and far from a setup guru so I struggled some. Looking forward to getting the car out on my regular track later this spring for a real comparison.

This is where I started for suspension.
davinco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:28 AM
  #55  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (50)
 
underway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,387
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by davinco View Post
I had my SV out for the first time this past weekend. It was a cold weekend at the track, averaging just 45*F. I'd set the car up with my diffs the way I ran my A215 last summer (20f-3c-5r) and the suspension on the recommend US starting point setup that Billy T had shared. The colder temps and and much different and quickly changing track conditions than I normally ran had me trying many setup changes. I'll document my final setup this weekend. I know I moved the front shocks to the inner hole on the arm and went to red springs and moved the rear shocks in on the arm.

The car has great on power steering and turned well rolling corners but I was struggling with steering under braking.

I'm not an expert racer and far from a setup guru so I struggled some. Looking forward to getting the car out on my regular track later this spring for a real comparison.

This is where I started for suspension.

try taking out some front brake to get more steering while braking.
underway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:40 AM
  #56  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (46)
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 758
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by underway View Post
try taking out some front brake to get more steering while braking.
Just made that adjustment last night.
davinco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:00 PM
  #57  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
BillyT.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

My setup from SIC. The under drive... I'm not sure how important it was to all of this. I used to run them all the time, then I didn't, and I never felt a real difference. If anything, it might help in bumpy sections, more than helping the car get out of a corner.

As far as how the car drove... I didn't feel like I could do anything wrong. Very easy to push.

Ultra Soft Cubez are on order, hopefully we have them soon.

The key to make this easy to drive I think, was going out on the inserts on the front. Widened the track by maybe 2 mil over all... had plenty of steering going in and perfect coming out... I think if I really leaned on it, it would push vs oversteer, which is just what an old guy like me wants.

Attached Thumbnails Agama A215SV ::Official Thread::-sv-setup-tylaska-sic-high-res.jpg  
BillyT. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:05 PM
  #58  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (59)
 
blktransam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4,249
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Like any car really need to get a gallon on it before the car will gain traction IMO that's how the 215 was for me, going to be running my SV this weekend in Omaha it will be new so I am not expecting anything to be perfect hopefully get 1/2 gallon on it Friday during practice...
blktransam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:35 AM
  #59  
Tech Master
 
Sideshow Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South Africa
Posts: 1,056
Default

piosted this in the 215 thread...think these should be merged for simplicity
not mine but one of our team guys' cars:

PS: it's the AE b3 jconcepts body








SV ebuggy too:



Sideshow Bob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:53 PM
  #60  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (46)
 
mourinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 965
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
PS: it's the AE b3 jconcepts body
and Kyosho MP9 Tki4 wing
mourinho is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service