Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Agama A215SV ::Official Thread:: >

Agama A215SV ::Official Thread::

Like Tree18Likes

Agama A215SV ::Official Thread::

Reply

Old 12-27-2016, 01:16 PM
  #16  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 23
Default

Originally Posted by go4broke View Post
I'm not trying to rock the boat but I did a conversion based on what Nemo racing is selling these and at 575, this should be converted to $709. Yet Nemo USA has them for 899.
The new price makes it the 2nd most expensive buggy on the market here in the U.K. Only 25 behind the kyosho !!
Dave.C is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 02:37 PM
  #17  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
speedy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

conversion kit SV

speedy2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 03:51 PM
  #18  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (61)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 979
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dave.C View Post
The new price makes it the 2nd most expensive buggy on the market here in the U.K. Only 25 behind the kyosho !!
I believe that price is the MSRP. Contact Billy or your local hobby shop. They will give you the right price. It is now where near that price.
mr240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 04:25 PM
  #19  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 523
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

I agree. Billy helped me get into a new a215t. When I am ready, I'll contact him about the 215SV. I just got thrown off by the conversion and listed price
go4broke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:36 AM
  #20  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,876
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mark Rumble View Post

We have tested with universals front and rear and have found that running CV rear UJ front has offered the best overall performance, the premium is not to have a universal joint but with us simply the best performing package.
What is the difference in handling between all universals vs unis front / cvds rear vs all cvds?
My ST-RR EVO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:15 AM
  #21  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (88)
 
Motorman007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

Billy I'm not sure this was posted.

http://www.rcmag.com/modules.php?nam...wtopic&t=65767



Motorman007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:32 AM
  #22  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: England
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by go4broke View Post
I'm not trying to rock the boat but I did a conversion based on what Nemo racing is selling these and at 575, this should be converted to $709. Yet Nemo USA has them for 899.
The pricing on the NEMO USA website is the MRSP price, please wait for the hobby shop pricing to gauge your opinion.

Originally Posted by Dave.C View Post
The new price makes it the 2nd most expensive buggy on the market here in the U.K. Only 25 behind the kyosho !!
I believe the Kyosho retail pricing as set by the distributor is 669.99, but happy to be corrected to the 25 difference that you have said.

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO View Post
What is the difference in handling between all universals vs unis front / cvds rear vs all cvds?
We have found on the SV, when running the universal all round there is less mechanical grip produced by the car, but it is better on very bumpy sections of track. The UJ in the front offers the angle of steering to be able to be achieved without causing a tight spot as would be with a CVD. With CVD rear UJ front we have found, the rear of the car to be supported by the nature of the CVD with a front end that whilst remaining supported by the suspension geometry it can roll and achieve front end traction.



We will have more images on the A215SV kit soon for everyone.

Last edited by Mark Rumble; 12-28-2016 at 08:48 AM.
Mark Rumble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:25 AM
  #23  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 523
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Mark, figure I was missing something. Thanks for the update.
go4broke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:27 AM
  #24  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 523
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Mark does Agama have plans on adding 10 scale vehicles to their line up?
go4broke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:06 PM
  #25  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: England
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by go4broke View Post
Mark, figure I was missing something. Thanks for the update.
No problem, be sure to ask if you have any further questions

Originally Posted by go4broke View Post
Mark does Agama have plans on adding 10 scale vehicles to their line up?
No plans as of yet, although we shall see.......
Mark Rumble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:39 PM
  #26  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,876
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi Mark. Thank you for the response on unis vs cvds.

You said cvds provide more mechanical grip. Can you explain what mechanical grip is vs any other type of grip.

You said cvds in the rear support the rear. Does this mean the cvds prevent or limit over rolling on the rear as in a turn under power? Can u clarify?
My ST-RR EVO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:57 AM
  #27  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: England
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO View Post
Hi Mark. Thank you for the response on unis vs cvds.

You said cvds provide more mechanical grip. Can you explain what mechanical grip is vs any other type of grip.

You said cvds in the rear support the rear. Does this mean the cvds prevent or limit over rolling on the rear as in a turn under power? Can u clarify?
When I say mechanical grip that just refers to grip produced by the geometry of the car rather than the pattern or compound of tyre being used.

With UJ in the rear we have found it to cause the car to over rotate, because the rear of the car rolls/squats quite heavily. The CV offers more support against this.
Mark Rumble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:50 AM
  #28  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
BillyT.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvgaUJ3ggn0

Video from our German distributor of Mark going over the SV...
BillyT. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:54 AM
  #29  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,876
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mark Rumble View Post
When I say mechanical grip that just refers to grip produced by the geometry of the car rather than the pattern or compound of tyre being used.

With UJ in the rear we have found it to cause the car to over rotate, because the rear of the car rolls/squats quite heavily. The CV offers more support against this.
Thank you for that answer. Is there a reason as to why the suspension geometry wasn't designed to control the roll on the rear?
My ST-RR EVO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:05 AM
  #30  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: England
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO View Post
Thank you for that answer. Is there a reason as to why the suspension geometry wasn't designed to control the roll on the rear?
We have got setups that work very well with a UJ in the rear, but if the performance can be improved across the board with something simple like retaining a CVD in the rear of the car then that a decision we would take, as we have.

The SV is largely a steering system change and not a complete platform change. The AGAMA cars have a 4 year cycle, with a step change after 2 years. The SV is the step change since the release of the A215 early 2015.
Mark Rumble is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service