Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Hotbodies D817 Nitro thread >

Hotbodies D817 Nitro thread

Like Tree132Likes

Hotbodies D817 Nitro thread

Old 07-02-2018, 08:47 PM
  #556  
Tech Master
iTrader: (56)
 
jpz_67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas.
Posts: 1,978
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Still liking the HB buggy. Very minimal changes on the car going from track to track.
Have a question though. Who can explain the spacing on the steering knuckles in the c hub? You can alter the spacers and run the knuckles centered, lowered 2mm or raised 2mm. This is an option I have never had and am curious.
jpz_67 is offline  
Old 07-02-2018, 09:13 PM
  #557  
ASA
Tech Adept
 
ASA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Te Aroha, New Zealand
Posts: 219
Default

Originally Posted by jpz_67
Still liking the HB buggy. Very minimal changes on the car going from track to track.
Have a question though. Who can explain the spacing on the steering knuckles in the c hub? You can alter the spacers and run the knuckles centered, lowered 2mm or raised 2mm. This is an option I have never had and am curious.
the TLR has a similar setup design....you can alter the dogbone plunge of the axle in the diff outdrives when you adjust the spindle hieght....less plunge equals better onpower steering in bumps as it allows the suspension to follow the bumps better because there is less bind in the outdrives as the suspension goes through its travel......more plunge helps keep the suspension sucked down onpower more suited to high grip smooth tracks

Last edited by ASA; 07-02-2018 at 09:35 PM.
ASA is offline  
Old 07-03-2018, 10:31 AM
  #558  
Tech Master
iTrader: (56)
 
jpz_67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas.
Posts: 1,978
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Asa, ok so then more plunge is running the knuckles higher or lower? From what I have read in high grip conditions raise the knuckles,low grip lower the knuckles. Or do I have it wrong?
jpz_67 is offline  
Old 07-03-2018, 02:03 PM
  #559  
ASA
Tech Adept
 
ASA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Te Aroha, New Zealand
Posts: 219
Default

Originally Posted by jpz_67
Asa, ok so then more plunge is running the knuckles higher or lower? From what I have read in high grip conditions raise the knuckles,low grip lower the knuckles. Or do I have it wrong?
I havnt played with them on the HB as I havnt felt the need to...but on the TLR yes,up is more plunge...spindle up for higher grip and down for lower grip.
Just set the dog bone so it is parallel with the chassis and watch it as you move the suspension up and down through its travel...then change the spindle height and repeat...you will see a notable difference in dogbone plunge especially in the upper half of the travel.....and I guess just try both ways on the track and see what suits you..
cheers Aaron
ASA is offline  
Old 07-03-2018, 03:48 PM
  #560  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
lilstewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lincoln, CA
Posts: 354
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ASA
34mm I believe.....im running the Werks clutches.....they are very nice and long wearing!
Standard is 34mm, I have run a 32mm in both the buggy and truggy. Just have to make sure it sits just right and the starter wheel is not too worn.
lilstewie is offline  
Old 07-03-2018, 05:00 PM
  #561  
ASA
Tech Adept
 
ASA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Te Aroha, New Zealand
Posts: 219
Default

Originally Posted by lilstewie
Standard is 34mm, I have run a 32mm in both the buggy and truggy. Just have to make sure it sits just right and the starter wheel is not too worn.
Yeah...iv got an old 32mm Kyosho clutch I use when running in engines.....saves my Werks ones
ASA is offline  
Old 07-05-2018, 02:29 AM
  #562  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 220
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Well, with just over a gallon on the truck I’ve found the first thing I don’t like about the truck. The factory flywheel. Saturday the pins pulled out so I pressed them back in only to have it happen again in the A main when I was running in 4th about to pass for 3rd. To be honest the truck impressed me so much everywhere else that I didn’t even get pissed when it ruined my race.
KCodd is offline  
Old 07-05-2018, 08:18 AM
  #563  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Calgary, Ab
Posts: 1,136
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KCodd
Well, with just over a gallon on the truck Iíve found the first thing I donít like about the truck. The factory flywheel. Saturday the pins pulled out so I pressed them back in only to have it happen again in the A main when I was running in 4th about to pass for 3rd. To be honest the truck impressed me so much everywhere else that I didnít even get pissed when it ruined my race.
iíve never had it happen in 2 years but have heard of it happening.
if you look at the flywheel on the backside and if the posts arenít flush just use a vise or a hammer. And get the posts seated flush.
there is a v2 flywheel now.
chongo is offline  
Old 07-05-2018, 12:31 PM
  #564  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,625
Default

Originally Posted by KCodd
Well, with just over a gallon on the truck Iíve found the first thing I donít like about the truck. The factory flywheel. Saturday the pins pulled out so I pressed them back in only to have it happen again in the A main when I was running in 4th about to pass for 3rd. To be honest the truck impressed me so much everywhere else that I didnít even get pissed when it ruined my race.
They donít push the pin far enough in at the factory.
For the last few years Iíve been using a vice to push pins further in.

Not being pushed in enough risks them falling out during use.
Eivind E is offline  
Old 07-09-2018, 03:59 AM
  #565  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sydney
Posts: 160
Default

Originally Posted by Eivind E


They donít push the pin far enough in at the factory.
For the last few years Iíve been using a vice to push pins further in.

Not being pushed in enough risks them falling out during use.
How do you push them in fur
ther?
bretto107 is offline  
Old 07-15-2018, 02:58 PM
  #566  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 220
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

What bodies fit the truggy and buggy other than the ones theyíre shipped with?
KCodd is offline  
Old 07-15-2018, 03:31 PM
  #567  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Melb, AU
Posts: 934
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Lightbulb NEW parts!

HB-204402 HB RACING Kingpin Set V2
New super heavy duty design.
https://hbracing.com/en/cars/accesso...-d817-e817-en/

HB-204424 HB RACING 1/8 Big Bore Shock Cap V3
New cap without the side hole to allow easier emulsion shocks settings which is the new trend for racing on some rough tracks.
https://hbracing.com/en/cars/team-parts-en/big-bore-shock-cap-set-v3-2pcs/

brokenmoto likes this.
TRiN is offline  
Old 07-18-2018, 02:43 PM
  #568  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 287
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TRiN
Do they have seals to run emulsion? Or do you know of another brand that will work? Thanks. I cut mine and it's not bad, but could be better.
brokenmoto is offline  
Old 07-30-2018, 11:47 AM
  #569  
Tech Master
iTrader: (56)
 
jpz_67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas.
Posts: 1,978
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Hello guys, still very much enjoying the HB car. Who can confirm what 4 shoe clutch system works with the HB clutch bells? Thanks, ez.
jpz_67 is offline  
Old 07-31-2018, 07:37 PM
  #570  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by jpz_67
Hello guys, still very much enjoying the HB car. Who can confirm what 4 shoe clutch system works with the HB clutch bells? Thanks, ez.
I use the M2c, gen 2 with a Mugen vented bell. 2 or 3 shims on OS and nova engines that Iíve installed them on.
yamacati is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.