GS XUT Pro 2

Old 10-20-2016, 12:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Default GS XUT Pro 2

Having just got my kids a couple of Tamiya Cars to build and have a bit of fun with I decided to buy myself something to have a bit of fun with as well :-)

I spent a few hours on google to try and find a nitro buggy kit that I could build up with the kids. However its not easy to find anything that is not RTR or part built. In fact the only options seem to be the ACME Condor (that seems to get a lot of flak for its build quality) or the only other option I found was the GS Racing XUT or CLX. So I have just ordered an XUT PRO II from Nitrotek as they had it on sale at 199.00 instead of the usual price of 329.00 which seemed like a good deal to me.

I've also manage to track down a twin stick 2.4GHZ 2 channel radio and receiver via eBay (again, there are not many about now). I grew up on twin stick and flew helis a few years ago so its what I'm used to...

For the engine I was going to go with the SH.21 with pull start. I only want to go bashing so no need for the pricier XBG version. I also like the idea of pull start to keep things simple and my understanding is that most of the more pricey competition engines don't have a pull start option.

So I was hoping you guys could give me a steer on the other items I need. Mainly the most suitable and durable Silencer and Servos to go with this kit.

I am not looking to race just to have fun so any recommendations would be welcome.

I hope I've made the right decision there is not much in the way of reviews that I can find on this model however what little there is seems positive !!>

Thanks..