Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
where to get ofna starter box parts? >

where to get ofna starter box parts?

where to get ofna starter box parts?

Old 10-16-2016, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default where to get ofna starter box parts?

hello fellow RC enthusiasts. my box has had an accident. I need a new belt pulley. not seeing any on ebay(in this country) or amain and tower.
anyone know anywhere that might have one of these?

has anyone ever made one from a set of bearings or a nylon bushing(the hardware store has a bunch of these). it has a pretty big flange and I'm wondering if it is necessary.

sorry not enough posts for a picture.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have you tried WWW.nitrohouse.com website or go to ebay and use the search function and you should be able to find all the parts u need! Good Luck
Old 10-16-2016, 05:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by burnnitro View Post
hello fellow RC enthusiasts. my box has had an accident. I need a new belt pulley. not seeing any on ebay(in this country) or amain and tower.

has anyone ever made one from a set of bearings or a nylon bushing(the hardware store has a bunch of these). it has a pretty big flange and I'm wondering if it is necessary.

Is it the blue box
Old 10-17-2016, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stoney452 View Post
Have you tried nitrohouse website or go to ebay and use the search function and you should be able to find all the parts u need! Good Luck
I have not but will now. thanks. the only one on ebay is from china. i don't really want to wait 2-3 weeks for a $5 part. I'm leaning toward improvising
it's a real shame ofna had to close. they had great starter boxes.

Originally Posted by Kenhbd8 View Post
Is it the blue box
yeah the good one 10244 with dual 775 motors.

I can't post pictures or links yet. ( I even had to remove the one from the above quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

You should be able to simply delete the tensioner pulley all together. I had the same failure on the same box, and just rotated the motors on the mount to take up the slack in the belt.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by burnnitro View Post

Yes on the bearings for the tensioner. I used 5x10's stacked together and never had a problem since. I still have the same two boxes I started this hobby with 8 years ago. About 7 years on those bearings. Boxes look bad and beat up but still work.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ready-st...versal-dyn5650

Found that to be a very nice box for the money. Same design as the ofna box minus the stupid pulley. so I would just take pulley out of the ofna box you have. On a side note, my motors were shot in my ofna box and i never really realized. New dynamite box I got this summer, mega power...
Old 10-23-2016, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 3DRCRACER View Post
Yes on the bearings for the tensioner. I used 5x10's stacked together and never had a problem since. I still have the same two boxes I started this hobby with 8 years ago. About 7 years on those bearings. Boxes look bad and beat up but still work.
thanks for the sizes.
Originally Posted by Danny B View Post

Found that to be a very nice box for the money. Same design as the ofna box minus the stupid pulley. so I would just take pulley out of the ofna box you have. On a side note, my motors were shot in my ofna box and i never really realized. New dynamite box I got this summer, mega power...
not a bad box right there. but I'd rather not buy a new box. I've got 99% of a working one
Old 10-24-2016, 06:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Imbue View Post
You should be able to simply delete the tensioner pulley all together. I had the same failure on the same box, and just rotated the motors on the mount to take up the slack in the belt.
Do you have pics of this? I had the same failure this weekend and need to fix mine.. For some reason, the belt is too loose to tighten..
Old 10-24-2016, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for all the tips so far. I have not had the chance to try any yet. probably going with the bearing route