R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   where to get ofna starter box parts? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/965129-where-get-ofna-starter-box-parts.html)

burnnitro 10-16-2016 11:24 AM

where to get ofna starter box parts?

hello fellow RC enthusiasts. my box has had an accident. I need a new belt pulley. not seeing any on ebay(in this country) or amain and tower.
anyone know anywhere that might have one of these?

has anyone ever made one from a set of bearings or a nylon bushing(the hardware store has a bunch of these). it has a pretty big flange and I'm wondering if it is necessary.

sorry not enough posts for a picture.

stoney452 10-16-2016 01:55 PM

Have you tried WWW.nitrohouse.com website or go to ebay and use the search function and you should be able to find all the parts u need! Good Luck

Kenhbd8 10-16-2016 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by burnnitro (Post 14704661)
hello fellow RC enthusiasts. my box has had an accident. I need a new belt pulley. not seeing any on ebay(in this country) or amain and tower.

has anyone ever made one from a set of bearings or a nylon bushing(the hardware store has a bunch of these). it has a pretty big flange and I'm wondering if it is necessary.

Is it the blue box

burnnitro 10-17-2016 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by stoney452 (Post 14704788)
Have you tried nitrohouse website or go to ebay and use the search function and you should be able to find all the parts u need! Good Luck

I have not but will now. thanks. the only one on ebay is from china. i don't really want to wait 2-3 weeks for a $5 part. I'm leaning toward improvising
it's a real shame ofna had to close. they had great starter boxes.

Originally Posted by Kenhbd8 (Post 14704966)
Is it the blue box

yeah the good one 10244 with dual 775 motors.

I can't post pictures or links yet. ( I even had to remove the one from the above quote :lol:

Imbue 10-17-2016 02:12 PM

You should be able to simply delete the tensioner pulley all together. I had the same failure on the same box, and just rotated the motors on the mount to take up the slack in the belt.

3DRCRACER 10-17-2016 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by burnnitro (Post 14704661)

Yes on the bearings for the tensioner. I used 5x10's stacked together and never had a problem since. I still have the same two boxes I started this hobby with 8 years ago. About 7 years on those bearings. Boxes look bad and beat up but still work.

Danny B 10-18-2016 06:03 AM

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ready-st...versal-dyn5650

Found that to be a very nice box for the money. Same design as the ofna box minus the stupid pulley. so I would just take pulley out of the ofna box you have. On a side note, my motors were shot in my ofna box and i never really realized. New dynamite box I got this summer, mega power...

burnnitro 10-23-2016 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by 3DRCRACER (Post 14706001)
Yes on the bearings for the tensioner. I used 5x10's stacked together and never had a problem since. I still have the same two boxes I started this hobby with 8 years ago. About 7 years on those bearings. Boxes look bad and beat up but still work.

thanks for the sizes.

Originally Posted by Danny B (Post 14706568)

Found that to be a very nice box for the money. Same design as the ofna box minus the stupid pulley. so I would just take pulley out of the ofna box you have. On a side note, my motors were shot in my ofna box and i never really realized. New dynamite box I got this summer, mega power...

not a bad box right there. but I'd rather not buy a new box. I've got 99% of a working one :lol:

twigstoy 10-24-2016 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Imbue (Post 14705869)
You should be able to simply delete the tensioner pulley all together. I had the same failure on the same box, and just rotated the motors on the mount to take up the slack in the belt.

Do you have pics of this? I had the same failure this weekend and need to fix mine.. For some reason, the belt is too loose to tighten..

burnnitro 10-24-2016 01:38 PM

thanks for all the tips so far. I have not had the chance to try any yet. probably going with the bearing route