Wiki Posts
Search

Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (99%+)
Default Help needed

I have been out of racing for about 2 years. I just purchased a buggy (TKI4) now I'm looking for a truggy. I dont want the Kyosho truck in fear of the releasing of a new truck plus the platform is kinda off the pace. What are your recommendations? Thx
Old 08-16-2016, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

MUGEN MBX 7TR
Old 08-16-2016, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tekno and Mugen have two of the best truggies out right now imo.

But having only owned the mbx7tr I'd have to go with that one. It's easy to drive, spare parts are a dime a dozen. The 1.4 springs aren't the greatest though. I'd really swap them out for the silver 1.5s. Stiffer springs really make it drive quick and nimble almost like a buggy.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

I had a MBX7T it was fun to drive, wanted something different. How is the 8T 4.0?
Old 08-16-2016, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

the tlr would be an excellent choice if you dont mind doubling up on tools and spare screws due to the imperial hardware.

if like me that turns you off, id say the mugen would be first choice of current truggys.

the strr evo.2 with m2c weight forward kit would be nice, however with recent rumors of an evo.3 it might be worth waiting on that.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BIGTIME
I have been out of racing for about 2 years. I just purchased a buggy (TKI4) now I'm looking for a truggy. I dont want the Kyosho truck in fear of the releasing of a new truck plus the platform is kinda off the pace. What are your recommendations? Thx
HB Truggy is the best, fastest truggy. Just look at last 4 years of results at DNC.
It's not only in the Pro class but also in Expert and Open.

Not "tooting the trumpet", just saying it how it is.

Tekno truggy 2nd choice.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Try and find a used strr Evo at a decent price and put the M2c weight forward chassis kit on. You won't be disappointed I promise that. I've been running mine in stock form until this last weekend and what a difference the m2c made. I'm not sponsored by them either by the way.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I too would chime in for the Mugen, it's just a great truck, quality parts, and easy to dial in. With the new "7TR" version I find it a lot more planted than the regular 7T.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I personally would run the Kyosho truggy, you can get a used one and as said get the weight forward kit. The new improvements that are out already and they just started producing another batch which tells me there is nothing in the pipes soon, even though it was mentioned that Boots was running some sort of weight forward option. If you are strongly against the Kyosho simply from fear of a new release then I would say Tekin or HB as they seem pretty consistent. I know I have the weight forward chassis from M2C and my truggy is a different beast. I absolutely love it... My lap times are on average over a second better and that is with me just running it without actually changing any setup from the stock chassis
Old 08-17-2016, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Ended up getting the Losi