Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Ming Yang MY1

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sqamtech
Like the 1/1 cars, the parts of RC cars are manufactured by many companies, SOAR is one, Ming Yang is another.
This company is the manufacturer for some big brands and suppliers, they can make parts, tires, accessories... for cars, planes, etc...
This is not by chance if the new MY cars look like HB
I can say the quality is really high and the price will be great for a full option car.
i guess it's good then....at the very least HB owners will be able to get replacement parts more readily for their cars now
Old 08-14-2016, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
i guess it's good then....at the very least HB owners will be able to get replacement parts more readily for their cars now
Yes, indeed they will because HB Racing is owned and operated by Neidhart now, a Swiss company. So things will work like clockwork.

Keep in mind that HB Racing and HPI are two separate companies owned by separate owners. HPI are owned by an English company.
If HPI, which make RTR and basher type kits, are in any sort of financial debt to Soar then that has nothing to do with HB Racing, and people need to keep that in mind when discussing on the Rctech forums, because they could put forward rumours and conjecture which could harm the brand sales, inadvertently, by accident, just from lack of knowledge and other people could repeat these rumours as they wouldn't know these things either.
fyrstormer likes this.

Last edited by Eivind E; 08-14-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

I did not allude to any present or future company profiles pertaining to who does and who doesn't own HB racing. To be honest I think it is such a mess by now nobody cares.
The 'thing' i was referring to is well documented all over here so no guesswork needed there either. To MOST of us who come on here and for the interim...HB or hot bodies or whatever they are now, is known as D8/D812/D815..(and the 1/10 stuff on that part of rctech), even though most of us also know about all the hpi rtr stuff. i was merely being tongue in cheek about their PAST troubles with parts distribution and lack of support unless your surname was Tessman or Ronnefalk i guess. im sorry my sarcasm went unnoticed.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Those are for sure the same shocks that are on the 815.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eivind E
Yes, indeed they will because HB Racing is owned and operated by Neidhart now, a Swiss company. So things will work like clockwork.

Keep in mind that HB Racing and HPI are two separate companies owned by separate owners. HPI are owned by an English company.
If HPI, which make RTR and basher type kits, are in any sort of financial debt to Soar then that has nothing to do with HB Racing, and people need to keep that in mind when discussing on the Rctech forums, because they could put forward rumours and conjecture which could harm the brand sales, inadvertently, by accident, just from lack of knowledge and other people could repeat these rumours as they wouldn't know these things either.
all entirely accurate.... however there is no way in hell that Neidhart have their own manufacturing facility, and definitely not in Switzerland (highest wage economy in Europe).
Mostly like the parts for HB vehicles are made in China or Taiwan and are most likely made in the same factory (or factories) that manufactures parts for the HPI brand line.
having this inter-twinned manufacturing policy can and will effect the other brand (regardless of separately operating companies) when debts and non payments are concerned.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
who doesn't own HB racing. To be honest I think it is such a mess by now nobody cares.
There's been like one change of ownership ever, how could this possibly be so confusing to you that you class it as "such a mess"?

HB Racing - sold to Neidhart SA, of Switzerland
HPI - sold to Ripmax UK

It seems fairly clear cut to me, how could it be classed as "a mess" when it's not complicated at all?

HTH
Old 08-16-2016, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
There's been like one change of ownership ever, how could this possibly be so confusing to you that you class it as "such a mess"?

HB Racing - sold to Neidhart SA, of Switzerland
HPI - sold to Ripmax UK

It seems fairly clear cut to me, how could it be classed as "a mess" when it's not complicated at all?

HTH
Everything is clearer with hindsight, but the fact is the company did go through a tumultuous sale period which has seen the drama carry on after the sale with claims of unpaid debt and now the manufacturing factory releasing their own version of the car.

Sorry but to a non fanboi that seems like a mess, and tbh if i was to choose between these 2 cars atm id lean towards the mang ying..
Old 08-16-2016, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

One thing for sure. It would have to last longer than the HB Brand.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mourinho
Everything is clearer with hindsight, but the fact is the company did go through a tumultuous sale period which has seen the drama carry on after the sale with claims of unpaid debt and now the manufacturing factory releasing their own version of the car.

Sorry but to a non fanboi that seems like a mess, and tbh if i was to choose between these 2 cars atm id lean towards the mang ying..
That makes sense. Pick the car made in haste and anger towards a now defunct brand instead of the one that has a world title to its credit and has been purchased by one of the most reputable companies in RC. Logical choice.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Old 08-23-2016, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

although not unique, the wide body mounts are definitely something I wish more manufacturers could adopt. guess the wide ones on the wing will also help with these silly lexan wings. i know it is basically a clone car but for the most part they stuck to the KISS hypothesis lol.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I wish they would have cloned some universals for the car.

Does it have a skid plate on the bottom?
Old 08-23-2016, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

We may call it a clone but we are uncertain of the geometry of the car. I do like the arms, front caster/knuckle, camber link ends and the drivetrain looks like it may be a bit healthier.

Car may do well but not much of a name so who knows of it's following and may be something that will never hit the U.S.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Greg B
We may call it a clone but we are uncertain of the geometry of the car.
Exactly. It's definately not a clone, it just looks similar.
The geometry is way different. And the parts are all so different that they are not interchangeable.

I do like the looks of their front c-hub setup, looks solid, also front shock tower looks solid and beefy.

Should be a good car for durability, judging by that.

You did touch on the essence here, clearly this car isn't a clone and it's just one of those "inspired by" cases. Arms look Mugen inspired. C-hubs look like a truggy type deal. Radio tray looks Xray style. But I like the body clips on it, for swapping battery

Very bizarre wingmount, why is it soooo very big?
Old 08-23-2016, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Car looks very solid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.