Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2016 IFMAR Worlds thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

^^^^ which is why I can't wait to watch it!!!
Old 09-13-2016, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If we're talking rough track then Tebo has to be towards the top of the list. Guy is a great rough track racer.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apco1
If we're talking rough track then Tebo has to be towards the top of the list. Guy is a great rough track racer.
IMO, that's his only hope (rough track). He hasn't shown the pace to "keep up" on anything else.

I like the guy, but I don't see him winning...I don't have a guess who WILL win, but I don't see it being Tebo.

Too many mistakes imo. Sorry
Old 09-13-2016, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Dark horse... Mr Ryan Lutz....
Old 09-13-2016, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
IMO, that's his only hope (rough track). He hasn't shown the pace to "keep up" on anything else.
You mean like the NEO race with its smooth surface that he's won, oh, a handful of times?
Old 09-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

neo was rough this year.
tebo is fast in vegas and has been since he was 11 running an rc10gt and hes good on a rough track, ican see him top five in the final.i think maifield and tessman are the safe bets. being Canadian i want to see ty back to back world champ but i think this time ryan not only tqs but runs away with it.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

I just hope if the do run the track rough and dry that we can see the cars through the dust.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by curacing2
I just hope if the do run the track rough and dry that we can see the cars through the dust.
the track may be rough but it will not be dry, due to the tracks proximity to the airport they need to keep dust down so it will be regularly watered according to weather conditions.
will make for great viewing
Old 09-13-2016, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I feel McBride will be a definite contender for the podium. He has the pace to run with anyone and Australian tracks in general are rougher than American tracks, his preparation will be spot on.

My sentimental pick would be for Cody King or Hara to come through with an against the odds win.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mourinho
I feel McBride will be a definite contender for the podium. He has the pace to run with anyone and Australian tracks in general are rougher than American tracks, his preparation will be spot on.

My sentimental pick would be for Cody King or Hara to come through with an against the odds win.
If that's the case then why not Adam Drake???? The guy is pretty focused right now. I'd be happy for him.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mourinho

Didn't think about McBride. He won silver state a couple of years ago. It may have been the last true silver state race before it moved to the Vegas track if I recall correctly.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Top 3 will be Tessman, cavaleri, mayfield
Old 09-14-2016, 04:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

The track will start out wet, but who knows what will happen. The weather here in Vegas is forever changing. But wind could be a factor in drying out the track. They started with new dirt so none of the additive for silver state left.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

David Ronnefalk has been on fire lately
Old 09-14-2016, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Going to be fun to watch,
Wish it could be in person.
The track surface will be interesting to see what happens as the Worlds event progresses. The 60min final A main, to me will likely be key, as it's going to dry out by the end (unless it rains during the main, which ya never know), and those that can keep pace with the changing conditions will surely be at the top. I'm sure all of the very top drivers are prepping as much as they can, as indicated by a number of FB pics and posts.

Tessman:
While maybe not being, or seemingly being, at the his very best as we have become used to, I'm sure he's going to be ready and will in the hunt when it counts
Maifeild:
As of late has looked very focused and the speed is there. Top contender for sure
Tebo:
For what ever reason, the Vegas rough tracks do seem to like him or he likes them and it has shown. He could easily be in the right place at the right time to surprise some people
Drake:
The elder statesman of 1/8th for sure. I know he's putting in the work to be ready and will do everything he can to get the best results he can. Love to see him get a win though
Rivkin:
Has the talent for sure and already got a 1/10th Wprlds title, so I wouldn't count him out, just not sure how much he and the bigger 1/8th work with each other
Lutz:
Of the list of people I'd personally love to see get a Worlds Title, Ryan is on that list for sure. Super all around nice guy and has been just outside that elite group more than maybe he'd like to be, but would awesome to see him get that title.
Cav:
Cav is Cav and I'm sure he'll be in the mix so I wouldn't count him out 100%. I expect him to make the show and likely possibly find himself in contention
Kyle Johnson:
Local kid that has the Worlds at his home track. It'll be hard to argue against him having some of the most track surface knowledge of the facility. Not sure where he'll stack up at the end, but it's racing, you never know
CJ Jelin:
This kid has talent and though he might not get a win, in years to come, he's one to watch for.
Mason Eppley:
He and CJ race each other on a regular basis and both are fast young talent that are up and coming. He, like CJ, may not get the win this go around, will be one to watch in the future
Lee Martin:
I fully expect him to have a good showing and make the show. Very possible that he could get a win. Plus he's another super all around nice guy that I'd love to seen get a title
Boots:
Another that I can see easily making the show and has it in him to get a win. If he and the surface can get along, I think he too could surprise some people
Neil Cragg:
I think he's got a good shot at making the show. Plus he and Lee's track walk vids are some of the best to watch.
Hara:
One of my dark horse picks. He really likes the TKI4 he's been running and has seemingly stayed off a lot of people's radar coming in to the Worlds.
Ronnefalk:
As of late he's been very very good and I wouldn't be surprised if he was in a battle as the end for a win. He's looking pretty hungry for a title
Coehlo:
I'm not sure if Bruno is going to run at the Worlds, but if he does, he could be another dark horse pick, as he really seems to like the 4wd off-road.
Kyle McBride:
He has done well when he's ran at an event in Vegas and is plenty fast enough to make the show and hunt for a win or podium.

That's my partial list, there are many, many others that have what it takes to do well and even win at the Worlds. It's hard to say for sure what will happen, but I know I'll be watching.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.