Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what do u bring to the track for nitro racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 06:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Default what do u bring to the track for nitro racing

what do u bring to the track for nitro racing to make your life easy?
Old 07-24-2016, 07:02 AM
Tech Lord

A couch, satelite TV, a large and filled up refrigerator and a BBQ.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

penthouse magazine
Old 07-24-2016, 12:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

I bring just about everything in my "man cave" .
But most importantly i bring "good will".
I'm happy to give advice where i can-supply parts,screws etc to anybody that needs them-but most importantly to offer help to the new guys just like i got when i needed it..
Old 07-24-2016, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bob.less
penthouse magazine
People still buy magazines?
Old 07-24-2016, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRYbeatoy
what do u bring to the track for nitro racing to make your life easy?
Nitro is a lot more demanding on race days than electric, so I try to focus on the accessories that may fail and make life tough for me. Starter box is serviced and charged up, as is the glow igniter, a lot of glow plugs are at the ready, and should I have an engine problem, my spare engine is tuned and ready to go with the proper clutch shoes, springs, and flywheel so I can just drop it in.

I like to bring a small fan for my pit table, disposable hand wipes in a dispenser, and small spray bottles of diluted simple green.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robracing
Nitro is a lot more demanding on race days than electric, so I try to focus on the accessories that may fail and make life tough for me. Starter box is serviced and charged up, as is the glow igniter, a lot of glow plugs are at the ready, and should I have an engine problem, my spare engine is tuned and ready to go with the proper clutch shoes, springs, and flywheel so I can just drop it in.

I like to bring a small fan for my pit table, disposable hand wipes in a dispenser, and small spray bottles of diluted simple green.
In addition, I would make sure you have more fuel than you think you will need. Have a couple charged receiver batteries and a charged battery in your transmitter. Have clutch parts so you can change clutch bearings before the main, and shoes and springs if necessary. Tires, tires and more tires. Microfiber rags for cleaning in between rounds, and well as for laying out parts if you are changing diff or shock fluids. Make sure you have a good, accurate temp gun and a good tuning screwdriver. I would also invest in a spring tool, a vise grip style of pliers to grip the flywheel for clutch servicing and removing. Also, a flywheel puller can come in handy at the track, but hopefully only needed at home. Spray cans of brake cleaner to clean parts. A preheater is very handy to heat up the engine and fire it up while reducing the chance of premature wear and tear on the internals. A heat gun, or even a good hair drier will also work. A fuel gun will make pit stops quicker. Many things come down to the money you want to spend. If you are just getting going with nitro, you may find you don't like it after spending hundreds of dollars on tools...
Old 07-24-2016, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Race days you bring it all.

Practice days you bring your pit bag with a quart of fuel. Run for an hour or so and go home. That's what makes nitro practice the best.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkas10
Have clutch parts so you can change clutch bearings before the main,
Are there people who still don't run TKO clutch bearings? TKO clutch bearings are a no brainer, outlast traditional clutch bearings 10:1... at least. I've put over a gallon on some and still replaced them before they failed.

TKO is the only way to go.