How can I update an 1/10 Himoto nitro?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How can I update an 1/10 Himoto nitro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 05:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default How can I update an 1/10 Himoto nitro?

Hi everyone! I have just bought the himoto nitro 8101 1/10 with an Internet offer, a couple months ago I saw a competition and discover the himoto brand and I liked, specially the nitro ones offroad, and this one works for drifting but also out of road, so it is a real fun racing. Several years ago I had an electric Ninco 1/16 but now my friends are on nitro, and so I am :-) I know it is a lot of different stuff...
My question is... could you tell me what kind of improvements should I make to get the best of the car? My earlier buggy was a simple one, but this one has a lot of things you can set to get a better ride, but I have never done it before.
Any advice welcome!!
I'll take a couple of photos later of it.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Get a kit, like the one from RCScrewz, and replace all the cross tip screws with hex head. It will save you pain later. Install crush tubes from the RC10 Worlds car in between the front and rear hub carrier bearings, this will allow you to tighten down the wheel nuts without binding. Get a set of wheels, JConcepts Mono, for the B44.1/RB5 to replace the stock wheels. Then mount whatever tire works at your local track. Replace the soft aluminum shock towers with the carbon fiber upgrade, then install B44.3 shocks and upper shock mounts. Upgrade both servo's to stronger and higher speed servo's. Set the car up neutral, bones level, -1 camber on all four, 0 toe in the front and 1-3 degrees in the rear. Do this and the car will turn laps surprisingly well. Remove any stickers that say HSP or Redcat; racers react to those names about the same as if you flung an Ebola covered booger at them. Learn how to tune and run a nitro car, ignore the haters and have fun with it.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks !! and lots of LOL

I think you had some fun of me
Anyway, I put drift wheels on him and I had quite fun with the car, I know it is no for that, but with both sets, the normal one and the drift it's lot of fun on a parking next to my house! I know it is a bit crazy, but my friends are special crazy club and the most joy of them is turning things upside down, so believe me, you can drift with this car, although is an great offroad setup what it has!! I'learn as I run!! and thanks!!!!
I think, for your answer, that there are too many things to start
Originally Posted by Phantom56
Get a kit, like the one from RCScrewz, and replace all the cross tip screws with hex head. It will save you pain later. Install crush tubes from the RC10 Worlds car in between the front and rear hub carrier bearings, this will allow you to tighten down the wheel nuts without binding. Get a set of wheels, JConcepts Mono, for the B44.1/RB5 to replace the stock wheels. Then mount whatever tire works at your local track. Replace the soft aluminum shock towers with the carbon fiber upgrade, then install B44.3 shocks and upper shock mounts. Upgrade both servo's to stronger and higher speed servo's. Set the car up neutral, bones level, -1 camber on all four, 0 toe in the front and 1-3 degrees in the rear. Do this and the car will turn laps surprisingly well. Remove any stickers that say HSP or Redcat; racers react to those names about the same as if you flung an Ebola covered booger at them. Learn how to tune and run a nitro car, ignore the haters and have fun with it.