Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
old nitro buggy? not certain >

old nitro buggy? not certain

old nitro buggy? not certain

Old 06-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default old nitro buggy? not certain

Hello Folks.
Ive been in and out of the hobby 30 years, never gotten real serious until now, all the kids are grown, time to get back to it. I had a blackfoo,t lost that over the years but held onto my losi jr2x. also have a tmaxx 2.5 modded. and a new project .25 Savage im working on.
I bought this from a couple kids in a park about 10 years ago, thought id get it to someday and that day is here. lol
problem is I have spent countless hours trying to positively identify it so i can start working on parts, i have identified the differentials as hyper 7 i believe. need to remove them to make sure, I was hoping some of you more experienced folks could help me out here, Looking forward to being a part of this community.
Thanks for any feedback...

Pops
Attached Thumbnails old nitro buggy? not certain-dscn9259.jpg   old nitro buggy? not certain-dscn9260.jpg   old nitro buggy? not certain-dscn9261.jpg   old nitro buggy? not certain-dscn9262.jpg   old nitro buggy? not certain-dscn9263.jpg  

Old 06-09-2016, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Looks like an original RC8 to me.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRTMI View Post
Looks like an original RC8 to me.

Wrong... It's a GS Storm, circa 2000-2003.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whatever it is I doubt it's worth the headache... Parts are probably scarce, the electronics need to be updated etc etc

Used buggies are a dime a dozen and you can probably find something a lot newer and in better shape with a bunch of extras and spare parts for what it's going to cost to get yours running again.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the input guys.
Ya know I thought it was an original rc8 as well, allot of the design is very close.

You may be right could be easier to just buy a newer model, But I do love the tinkering end of it all.

I have a Savage, t maxx and a old Losi jr2. Just thought it would be cool to get this up and running again.

Thank again guys ill verify the GS storm and confirm here to maybe help someone at a later date..

RC_pops..

Edit:
confirmed that is exactly what it is, looked up parts on ebay, seems some are available, limited though.
I appreciate your help folks.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

first thing to do is get the evo hing pin mounts if you can find them
i had a storm buggy and two storm unlimited trucks back then.
how you guys thought it looked like an original rc8 is beyond me the only thing blue on the original rc8 was the wingstay posts, chassis braces and coundersunk washers. the rest black plastic carbon fiber and the black aluminum chassis
Old 06-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_pops View Post
You may be right could be easier to just buy a newer model, But I do love the tinkering end of it all.

You might need to get a little creative with some of the parts but if tinkering is your thing it should be a fun project
Old 06-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Be ready to spend a ton of $$$ to get it running.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

I will look those up, i assume you are refering to the a arm pin holders. Thanks.
All i had to look at was google and honestly i should have paid better attention to colors, i was focused on design. I realy appreciate your guys help getting the id on this, would have hated to give up on it.

I ordered parts already almost everything i needed, i will be rebuilding her, the chassis is coming from italy, lol. But it will make a nice addition to my collection.

Ill have to retrofit some new linkage and possibly a couple other pieces .

Ill keep this thread updated as she takes shape. During my shopping i came across the new losi lst xxl. that is nice, may need one of them to lol....
Old 06-20-2016, 02:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

If you are still looking into building up this GS Storm let me know. I have been going through my old parts stash and have found a lot of NIP parts.