Wiki Posts
Search

The Official HB Racing D815 V2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kpjr7321
Which car can be pushed harder? Which is more stable? What driving style would you suggest that would get the best results with both vehicles? Which buggy is more forgiving? Which buggy has more natural corner speed? Finally, which buggy would be able to run on a blown out loose track and without much change to setup, be able to run just as good on an indoor high bit track?
I feel that most of your questions were answered in my original post. Correct me if im wrong.......
Old 12-17-2016, 12:46 AM
JQ
Tech Master

That would be a good blog to write
Old 12-17-2016, 08:47 AM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Here is my opinion after racing the MBX7R and now the D815

The HB car is much easier to drive, had more steering in the middle of the corner and does not get loose on the gas, also seems to recover much better from a mistake

To me the Mugen always felt " nervous " off center, I tried to dial that out but then the car did not react as well, the Mugen car likes to be driven hard to get the fast laps, almost on the edge of control, the HB can be driven just as hard too but not needed , this buggy seems to be the faster with smooth driving

Both cars are great but the HB car seems to fit my style much better, both are about equally adjustable but to adjust rear hub height on the 7r you need the $100 aluminum rear hubs, most of the HB parts are cheaper too, overall quality is equal IMHO..

As far as blown out outdoors, don't know yet since it's indoor season now, but the way the WC track was in Vegas and HB winning it's pretty obvious this car is great on them conditions
Old 12-17-2016, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I feel that most of your questions were answered in my original post. Correct me if im wrong.......
Thanks. You good!!!
Old 12-17-2016, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EJF
Here is my opinion after racing the MBX7R and now the D815

The HB car is much easier to drive, had more steering in the middle of the corner and does not get loose on the gas, also seems to recover much better from a mistake

To me the Mugen always felt " nervous " off center, I tried to dial that out but then the car did not react as well, the Mugen car likes to be driven hard to get the fast laps, almost on the edge of control, the HB can be driven just as hard too but not needed , this buggy seems to be the faster with smooth driving

Both cars are great but the HB car seems to fit my style much better, both are about equally adjustable but to adjust rear hub height on the 7r you need the $100 aluminum rear hubs, most of the HB parts are cheaper too, overall quality is equal IMHO..

As far as blown out outdoors, don't know yet since it's indoor season now, but the way the WC track was in Vegas and HB winning it's pretty obvious this car is great on them conditions
Thanks man. This has given me more of the insight I needed. I'm buying this kit monday
Old 12-17-2016, 06:12 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kpjr7321
Thanks man. This has given me more of the insight I needed. I'm buying this kit monday

My pleasure ! I'm sure you will be happy with the buggy! If you need any help with setup feel free to ask, lots of good support with this buggy!!!
Old 12-17-2016, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That insight has also given me the information I needed to make a decision. Probably have mine on the way this week.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EJF
My pleasure ! I'm sure you will be happy with the buggy! If you need any help with setup feel free to ask, lots of good support with this buggy!!!
What's a good setup to start with? My home track is rutted outdoor. Med to low grip, but I'm going to an indoor track high bit track for my first race. I see the book setup is ty's dnc. The diffs are 5 4 2. I'm thinking I should run 7 10 3.....Can you tell me what to expect in performance between higher diff oils vs low diff oils...
Old 12-19-2016, 01:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Personally i would set it up as per the manual and 5,3,2 in diffs as manual says. I have tried mutliple diff setups now and this seems to be the best and what i keep going back too.

With this car a heavy diff oil in the centre makes the rear end un stable.
On a high bite track the highest i go on centre diff now is 5k.
In damp conditions or loose 3k works best
Old 12-19-2016, 03:57 AM
EJF
Tech Elite

The kit setup is pretty good for outdoor tracks

For indoor I am running a setup close to TY's 2015 NEO race as that track is very similar to our indoor track

This car likes lighter diff oils , and stays consistent with the light oil as well
Old 12-19-2016, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Magic question here.. Will moving the rear camber link down on the tower make the car rotate better in the turns or less? Kind of confused here..
Old 12-19-2016, 12:44 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twigstoy
Magic question here.. Will moving the rear camber link down on the tower make the car rotate better in the turns or less? Kind of confused here..
Yes, lowering link on tower will add steering.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twigstoy
No. Lowering the link will lock in the rear more , more grip
Old 12-19-2016, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Here you go
Attached Thumbnails The Official HB Racing D815 V2 Thread-image.jpg  
Old 12-19-2016, 04:13 PM
EJF
Tech Elite

" normally " lowering the inside link gives more forward grip as well as more off power turn in, but results will vary due to conditions and driving style. The only way to know what it does is to try the change and see for yourself, take notes, if it does not do what you want move it back to how it was

ONLY MAKE ONE CHANGE AT A TIME !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.