Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official HB Racing D815 V2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Its too bad theyve updated this and not released a new truck with the cool upgrades from the 815 like the 1 piece pinion, rear hubs, centre driveline etc. Especially since it sounds like this is more of a revised box setup type deal then an actually updated car
Old 07-18-2016, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well got my kit. Toda . It is actually exactly the same box and packaging as the regular D815 Worlds Edition. There is a sticker in one corner with the V2 parts listing.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:02 AM
EJF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

How is the wear on the d815 series of cars? Items such as outdrives, axles etc.... Do the arms bow like the old D8 did?
Old 08-17-2016, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EJF
How is the wear on the d815 series of cars? Items such as outdrives, axles etc.... Do the arms bow like the old D8 did?
Wear has been exceptional. With the grease boots all the way around the car, I have noticed great wear characteristics on the CVDs and the center driveshafts. Only after about 10-12 gallons of running did I feel the need to change pins, CVD joints and outdrives. But even then it wasn't absolutely necessary. Compared to other cars that I have ran I have been very pleased. I haven't noticed any really bowing or bending of the arms. The insert plates really seem to help keep that from happening. Only reason I've replaced arms was for cosmetic reasons. Hope this helps!
Old 11-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by eortizr
I'll let you know in about a week, I'm currently running a MBX7R, I just ordered mine yesterday, should get it by Monday
hi eortizr how was the kit compared to mbx7r..?
im runnin Sworkz evo 2 limited right now, and lookin forward to change the kit.. im choosing between mbx7r and d815 v2...

thanks
Old 12-04-2016, 02:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just ordered my V2 today, I have a D812 which I have only had a very small amount of time on, But with all the extras that the V2 includes I couldnt pass it up.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So I tested the D815V2 back to back with the MBX7R. My take is straight out of the box the Mugen is no where near the HB. Value of what's included in the kit to on the track performance. The HB drives so much smoother than the MBX7R. It has a "Safe" feel to it when you drive. It's very consistent and it doesn't need to be driven hard in order to be fast. The Mugen IMO no matter how perfect the setup is can't be driven the same way. The car is boarder line on edge and you have to hold on to it. Yes it can be fast but for me personally I find this way of driving hard to keep up for a 30min main. The HB allows me to relax and just drive lines. If you need to strap up and either catch up or pull away from the pack the buggy allows you to do so. I can drive like Tessman for a few laps.....LOL As of right now I feel my Mugen jumps slightly better than the HB but I have put in setup time with my Mugen and the HB I ran felt like it had too thick of oil in the shocks. The car still TQ'd and won yesterday but I feel it can be even better. I have my D815V2 for the next race and will have it set to my likings and go from there. For those who have a MBX7R and are thinking of switching can do so with confidence. Also most of the hop up's I bought for the Mugen come in the HB kit.

Last edited by STLNLST; 12-11-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
So I tested the D815V2 back to back with the MBX7R. My take is straight out of the box the Mugen is no where near the HB. Value of what's included in the kit to on the track performance. The HB drives so much smoother than the MBX7R. It has a "Safe" feel to it when you drive. It's very consistent and it doesn't need to be driven hard in order to be fast. The Mugen IMO no matter how perfect the setup is can't be driven the same way. The car is boarder line on edge and you have to hold on to it. Yes it can be fast but for me personally I find this way of driving hard to keep up for a 30min main. The HB allows me to relax and just drive lines. If you need to strap up and either catch up or pull away from the pack the buggy allows you to do so. I can drive like Tessman for a few laps.....LOL As of right now I feel my Mugen jumps slightly better than the HB but I have put in setup time with my Mugen and the HB I ran felt like it had too thick of oil in the shocks. The car still TQ'd and won yesterday but I feel it can be even better. I have my D815V2 for the next race and will have it set to my likings and go from there. For those who have a MBX7R and are thinking of switching can do so with confidence. Also most of the hop up's I bought for the Mugen come in the HB kit.
This is the exact info I'm looking for. I'm leaving my tekno and it's out of these two cars. I had the mbx7 and I hated it. It was my first nitro buggy, and it has left a bad impression on me. I had the D815 to but didn't like the part support and I couldn't get the car to rotate. I think the D815v2 is better. Also I'm watch the guys at my track have alot of success with the mugen. My home track is an outdoor blown out track. The mugen has been shining. I struggle with my tekno
Old 12-11-2016, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kpjr7321
This is the exact info I'm looking for. I'm leaving my tekno and it's out of these two cars. I had the mbx7 and I hated it. It was my first nitro buggy, and it has left a bad impression on me. I had the D815 to but didn't like the part support and I couldn't get the car to rotate. I think the D815v2 is better. Also I'm watch the guys at my track have alot of success with the mugen. My home track is an outdoor blown out track. The mugen has been shining. I struggle with my tekno
Is there a HB there that you can drive to help make up your mind?
Old 12-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Swaybars/ diff oils work wonders for the HB's rotation....... Have to play with them n find that balance, my car rotates like crazy
Old 12-14-2016, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Is there a HB there that you can drive to help make up your mind?
I've driven one and felt the potential. Didn't get much wheel time tho. I need more time. Can you share more info between the two cars. I want to buy one this week or as late as next week. I notice the MBX7r can be driven hard and it still looks stable. It accelerates just as fast as any car out there and it jumps real good too. I also notice the MBX7 will turn a hot lap, I understand that doesn't win races, but those are the things that's drawing me to the mugen. I remember my HB wasn't quick with regards to acceleration to my tekno. The tekno seemed more athletic than my HB. I'm struggling to get my tekno to be stable. The answer is always to buy more new parts. I'm tried of that shit. So, please give me a little more feedback on the comparison of the two buggys.

Thanks
Old 12-15-2016, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

I've driven one and felt the potential. Didn't get much wheel time tho. I need more time. Can you share more info between the two cars. I want to buy one this week or as late as next week. I notice the MBX7r can be driven hard and it still looks stable. It accelerates just as fast as any car out there and it jumps real good too. I also notice the MBX7 will turn a hot lap, I understand that doesn't win races, but those are the things that's drawing me to the mugen. I remember my HB wasn't quick with regards to acceleration to my tekno. The tekno seemed more athletic than my HB. I'm struggling to get my tekno to be stable. The answer is always to buy more new parts. I'm tried of that shit. So, please give me a little more feedback on the comparison of the two buggys.

Thanks
What more are you looking to know?
Old 12-16-2016, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

What more are you looking to know?
Which car can be pushed harder? Which is more stable? What driving style would you suggest that would get the best results with both vehicles? Which buggy is more forgiving? Which buggy has more natural corner speed? Finally, which buggy would be able to run on a blown out loose track and without much change to setup, be able to run just as good on an indoor high bit track?
Old 12-16-2016, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Good questions.....I've had ever big name car out there to see which car i like best the only 2 that i haven't tried is xray and serpent...don't think im gonna try xray, so probably srx8......so far nothing ive tried was even close to my d815....like stated above car is so easy to drive u can focus on just driving lines, thats a very true statement..i thought the tki4 was comparable but still far from it....the srx8 looks promising.......decisions decisions
Old 12-16-2016, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rosko
Good questions.....I've had ever big name car out there to see which car i like best the only 2 that i haven't tried is xray and serpent...don't think im gonna try xray, so probably srx8......so far nothing ive tried was even close to my d815....like stated above car is so easy to drive u can focus on just driving lines, thats a very true statement..i thought the tki4 was comparable but still far from it....the srx8 looks promising.......decisions decisions
Thanks for the feedback. That lil bit helps more than you'll ever know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.