Like Tree65Likes

TLR 8ight-T 4.0!

Old 05-07-2019, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GripTLR View Post
i keep reading that the OFNA box is really popular and some say "its the best", but why is it the best?
I have
Tlr box
Itís ok for Tlr but Iíd rather buy one that would be more flexible for multiple brands.
Locks good into 8t4.0 perfectly.
My contact plates have been getting stuck lately keeping the box on wheel spinning need to fix.
Me personally I donít like how bottom is open have to zip tie battery in. I like the enclosed style like protek ofna better

protek sure start
been using one for 2 months works good. Works good on multiple brands. Has 2 motors easy to start new engines on 4s Enclosed style which I prefer
great box in my opinion very solid built

ofna box
two big motors will turn over tightest engines on 4s
ive started engines wjth 3s easily on it.
Iíve started a engine with a 2s In this box but donít recommend 2s in it, just stating this to show how much power the Motors have. Enclosed style which I prefer.
I put 2 washers on the contact area on this box cause after a while I wore out terminals 2 simple washers fixed contact patch to start it.
Great box

i dont have long time with protek box but for money protek is a great option for starter box, only used it on hb d817 though canít speak for truggy for it.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jhold87 View Post
Is the losi box a must have, or is there a good universal box that works good? Thanks
If you are running both buggy and truggy, the Losi box is the best bang. I've never had issues with them.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jersey View Post

I have
Tlr box
Itís ok for Tlr but Iíd rather buy one that would be more flexible for multiple brands.
Locks good into 8t4.0 perfectly.
My contact plates have been getting stuck lately keeping the box on wheel spinning need to fix.
Me personally I donít like how bottom is open have to zip tie battery in. I like the enclosed style like protek ofna better

protek sure start
been using one for 2 months works good. Works good on multiple brands. Has 2 motors easy to start new engines on 4s Enclosed style which I prefer
great box in my opinion very solid built

ofna box
two big motors will turn over tightest engines on 4s
ive started engines wjth 3s easily on it.
Iíve started a engine with a 2s In this box but donít recommend 2s in it, just stating this to show how much power the Motors have. Enclosed style which I prefer.
I put 2 washers on the contact area on this box cause after a while I wore out terminals 2 simple washers fixed contact patch to start it.
Great box

i dont have long time with protek box but for money protek is a great option for starter box, only used it on hb d817 though canít speak for truggy for it.
Do you have a pic of where you put those washers?
Old 05-15-2019, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Anyone found good equivalent springs to running the HB red front and HB orange rear springs? Seems you canít get the orange springs anymore. Iíve ordered them from two different places now and come as dark orange instead of the regular like Iíve had before. And, Tyler did not like the dark orange when we tried them. TIA!!
Old 05-16-2019, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandyJones View Post
Anyone found good equivalent springs to running the HB red front and HB orange rear springs? Seems you canít get the orange springs anymore. Iíve ordered them from two different places now and come as dark orange instead of the regular like Iíve had before. And, Tyler did not like the dark orange when we tried them. TIA!!
have you tried the kyosho Springs?? I imagine they would have something good for the truck!
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RandyJones View Post
it sucks cause they donít say the rating for those springs in the listing since there older hot bodies springs. The newer springs have a list of springs soft to hard. Here is the rear rates.
Have you tried any other hb springs?
what is your piston and oil
not sure where those orange and dark orange ones would fit into chart.

heres the hb rear chart to help you out.