Search

Front End Setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default Front End Setup

Greetings,

Im just wondering what you guys are doing to set up the front ends on your 1/8 buggy's/truggy's and to a lesser extent MT's?

Is everyone using setup stations? I want to get some toe-out and a bit of positive camber, but without eyeballing it.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I use my setup station the first time I build a car just to make sure everything is squared up and even from side to side with the steering. After that its very very rare that I ever put the car back on it.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Why would you want positive camber? But i build the car, run it for a litre or two, the chuck it on the setup station and get toe and camber sorted
Old 02-15-2016, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Set up stations are great... But if you don't have one, or don't want to spend the money on one, a camber gauge is really all you need to be pretty damn close and they are $10 or less...

For toe, I put wheels without tires on my cars and set them on the edge of my workbench ( nice 90* angle). Then I use my camber gauge to adjust the steering rod for 1-2* on each wheel ( 1* on the left+1 degree on the right=2* total toe out). And then set my camber....
Old 02-15-2016, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Thank you jerm. I'll probably try that tomorrow. I'm looking to add positive camber to make for a more aggressive turn in because the track I run has some pretty high speed corners.

Setup stations are so expensive. I would like to have one but cant justify the huge initial expense. $100+ is a lot to spend on something that will only get used once in a while.