Like Tree98Likes

TLR 8ight 4.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-09-2016, 05:15 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ight 4.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: racer1812
Welcome to the 8ight 4.0 Wiki!

Print Wikipost

Old 11-30-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mv91pony View Post
Having both cars in front of me the 4.0 standoff has an hourglass shape to instead of the strait shaft of the 3.0. Also the caps have snap in bushings instead of slid on bushings. Hope that helps.
That's correct. He needs the 4.0 standoff for the 4.0 style caps. The 3.0 standoff for the 3.0 style caps
Old 11-30-2015, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 976 View Post
When is the E buggy available
+1??
Old 11-30-2015, 11:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 976 View Post
When is the E buggy available
Guys, this is the TLR 8ight 4.0 Nitro in the Nitro Off Road thread!

Please stop asking when the E version is coming out or even better start a new thread in the Electric Off Road thread and all your questions will be answered there.

Let's use this thread to help others about the Nitro version

Your understanding is appreciated
Old 12-01-2015, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

I don't know who is responsible for the manuals at Losi, but it will be again a nightmare to find the right parts/references.

For example, the "improved ackerman screws".
I was asking myself what's about those screws, then I searched the ref on the manual.
The screws are listed on the manual as : TLR244006, the same as the 8ight 3.0.
I searched the new TLR245004 ackerman plate listed on the manual, and I found the new screws !
So, what is the ref of the ackerman plate ? I suppose it's an error and the ackerman plate is still the same ( as the 8ight 3.0 ) ?
Is there 2 ackerman plates in the kit ? If yes, are they the same as the 3.0 ?

A question about the shocks.
I have a 3.0 and I would like to buy the new 4.0 bleeder shock caps.
The differences between the 2 kits are the new o-rings, and the shock caps.
The shock caps ref is TLR243034, and there is not any ref for the special "bleeders".
We can see the "bleeders" are availables with the shock caps.
I don't really know what is the lifetime of the "bleeders" with emulsion shocks, but we will be forced to buy the shock caps too ?

No one is talking about the gearboxes, but it seems that front and rear ones have new references.
I can understand the new rear gearbox, because of the new rear hinge pin braces, but why new front gearbox ?
So, If we take a look at all the new parts, there's not only few ones to "convert" the 3.0 to 4.0 !
Bye !
Old 12-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KOULLIT View Post
Hi,

I don't know who is responsible for the manuals at Losi, but it will be again a nightmare to find the right parts/references.

For example, the "improved ackerman screws".
I was asking myself what's about those screws, then I searched the ref on the manual.
The screws are listed on the manual as : TLR244006, the same as the 8ight 3.0.
I searched the new TLR245004 ackerman plate listed on the manual, and I found the new screws !
So, what is the ref of the ackerman plate ? I suppose it's an error and the ackerman plate is still the same ( as the 8ight 3.0 ) ?
Is there 2 ackerman plates in the kit ? If yes, are they the same as the 3.0 ?

A question about the shocks.
I have a 3.0 and I would like to buy the new 4.0 bleeder shock caps.
The differences between the 2 kits are the new o-rings, and the shock caps.
The shock caps ref is TLR243034, and there is not any ref for the special "bleeders".
We can see the "bleeders" are availables with the shock caps.
I don't really know what is the lifetime of the "bleeders" with emulsion shocks, but we will be forced to buy the shock caps too ?

No one is talking about the gearboxes, but it seems that front and rear ones have new references.
I can understand the new rear gearbox, because of the new rear hinge pin braces, but why new front gearbox ?
So, If we take a look at all the new parts, there's not only few ones to "convert" the 3.0 to 4.0 !
Bye !
The manual is not really that bad. Its been updated with what is new, what part numbers changed and what has been carried over from the 3.0 ( still some of the same parts from the 1.0 while we are at it...) Don't forget the prefixes.... LOSA and TLR are both used!

1. Yes the ackerman plates are the same from the 3.0 as well as the bearings. You still get both the long and short ones in the kit and as a replacement set. The screws are the only difference. They have a different shank on them to keep it from binding when fully tightened down. Part number TLR 245004

2. The shock caps When purchased separate, come with the bleeder screws and O-rings to run the emulsion style shocks. The screws and gaskets will be available by them selves just like they were on the 22 series cars.

3. The Diff cases are the same from the 3.0. The new part number is because they do not sell the front or rear by them selves. You now have to purchase both as a set. But no change.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Officespace View Post
Does anyone know if the 4.0 shock cap bushings will fit on the Lunsford titanium shock stand-offs that I have on all my 3.0's or do I need the new 4.0 stand-offs? Thanks
I put the 4.0 shock caps on my e 3.0 with no issues. The caps fit the 3.0 bushings and stand offs

Last edited by 87MagnumII; 12-02-2015 at 05:50 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone know if the existing chassis weight set for either 3.0 truggy or e 3.0 will fit the 4.0 chassis. Or will there be a new specific 4.0 weight set.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mv91pony View Post
Does anyone know if the existing chassis weight set for either 3.0 truggy or e 3.0 will fit the 4.0 chassis. Or will there be a new specific 4.0 weight set.
That's a good question... There are provisions to mount them just like on the 3.0T and E. Guess we need someone to find out...
Old 12-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can i use these caps on mugen mbx7r?
Old 12-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

When can we expect the aluminum hubs/carriers/spindles to come out? Silly they wouldn't come at the same time as the kit.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Lots of questions about the shock caps. Let me clarify for everybody that they are the exact same cap as he 3.0 except they have the bleeder screw. When you order the caps they come with the O rings to run them emulsion style. If you don't want to run emulsion just use the bladders instead. The bladders will need to be used from your old caps or purchase new ones. They do not come with the bleeder caps. They also come in pairs so you have to order 2 sets to put them all four corners
Old 12-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Everybody79x View Post
When can we expect the aluminum hubs/carriers/spindles to come out? Silly they wouldn't come at the same time as the kit.
Why would you need these?
Old 12-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCSureStart View Post
Because people love spending their hard earned money on needless "upgrades and/or bling." It's the reason some companies can stay in business selling inferior crap that costs 3-5 times more than the plastic...

Many said there were problems with the front knuckles. Yes some people broke 10, some never broke one, but Losi came out with some ( which were pretty cool and worked just like the stock plastics BTW). Front carriers... nope... rear hub carriers... use the ones from the 2.0.

Will they make them for the 4.0... Probably. And you will pay 3-5 times more than the kit parts.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCSureStart View Post
Can't win races unless you finish. I like certain pieces to be bullet proof. I'm regretting buying my TLR because the parts quality is junk on the new model.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Everybody79x View Post
Can't win races unless you finish. I like certain pieces to be bullet proof. I'm regretting buying my TLR because the parts quality is junk on the new model.
Quit hitting $h!t and it wont break

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service