Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Machine's R/C H
http://www.rcpics.net/img/86243

My Matrix in Brazil.
Gene's Matrix

Last edited by jfc_tech; 09-21-2007 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Adding the image
Old 09-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Notice the 'Skol' beer in the top left corner. In the USA you are not allowed to drink at the races. Everywhere else in the World, you can.

I love racing out of the US because I can have a beer in my pit and relax and have a good time. It calms me down and I drive much better.

Actually, they served beer at the Farm II once. I made the A-main at that race to, while every other time I have been there I have struggled.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default cen

what is hitting the brake pad? My v spec fits fine.
No it isn't just the brake pad its the bottom of the pull start too. The tugger on this motor is bigger than any other pullstarts that I've had. I got the motor mounts from the rtr version, someone said that the FRE motor mounts were bigger but i don't think thats true. But if you mean What is hitting the brake pad then it's the flywheel.. And i've got a tiny one on there. Again it's from the NX26 from the rtr.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Notice the 'Skol' beer in the top left corner. In the USA you are not allowed to drink at the races. Everywhere else in the World, you can.

I love racing out of the US because I can have a beer in my pit and relax and have a good time. It calms me down and I drive much better.

Actually, they served beer at the Farm II once. I made the A-main at that race to, while every other time I have been there I have struggled.
Hahaha.. Gene.. this is the first funny comment i ever heard from you. We here, we can drink whatever, whenever we like. They even served it at the after race party.

So i guess, if i follow you correctly, you better bring along in your pitbox 1 or 2 cans of beer.. especially on the most important race.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

Gene,

If you go to Farmer's Hobby in Tampa on a Friday night you can have all the beer you can fit in a cooler.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Really Justin? That is cool. It is right next to a full size oval track.

Jon, I used to bring a few in my cooler, but once I became a sponsored factory driver, I was warned by my sponsors to never drink at a race. One because is is ilegal for all ROAR races, and 2 because of the image we need to present to the younger racers.

If I get into the 2008 Worlds, I am sure they will allow it since it will be an IFMAR race.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tron 101
No it isn't just the brake pad its the bottom of the pull start too. The tugger on this motor is bigger than any other pullstarts that I've had. I got the motor mounts from the rtr version, someone said that the FRE motor mounts were bigger but i don't think thats true. But if you mean What is hitting the brake pad then it's the flywheel.. And i've got a tiny one on there. Again it's from the NX26 from the rtr.
There is no way the flywheel could hit the brake rotor unless you have the engine mounts on backwards. There is a left and right mount, but they are not marked. The rear hole goes toward the rear of the buggy that is closest to the rear of the mount. If you run it backwards, the engine will be sitting about 4mm farther forward.

As for a big pull start, you can not use those engines on the Matrix. The FRE and RTR are the exact same engine mount. You would have to make custome engine mounts for the engines that use huge oversize pull start or roto starts like nova Rossi and Mach engines. And you will have to remove one of the rear brake rotors and shorter caliper screws.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah Gene,

I was told that is how the workers were paid when they redesigned the track for the state series last season. And I guess it has stuck.

It was kind of weird to see everybody come to the drivers meeting with a beer in their hand the one time I've made it over there.

I knew there had to be a party dude under that shy exterior!
Old 09-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Default New Machine's Racing Products for the Matrix

2 new Matrix hop up parts from Machine's Racing Products. Both CNC Alum 7075 parts are twice as strong as the stock parts.

Ackerman steering plate

Front susp plate holder

http://www.machinesrchobbies.com
Old 10-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Machine's Racing Products are now anodized Blue.

[email protected]
http://www.machinesrchobbies.com
Old 10-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has everyone gave up on the buggy?!!

Gene-no red?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

No Way! I'm back more into the B than the T

Was thinking the same --- red is fast(er)

Actually... I went and got myself BBF Tactyl diffs.. they're a blast.. car is faster than ever.. what an acceleration and cornering.. pricey though

Anybody tried those new HN Big bore 16mm shocks ? Here.. all Hobao and HN drivers seem to be moving to those.. they speak highly about them...

Just came back from Spain.. 27C degrees.. here -2C... season is endind... not nice. But I'm glad I was able to try out those diffs..
We may also have an indoor track during winter time.... Wish I lived somewhere warm.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

ouch. double post
Old 10-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Red would look like factory. Machine's Racing Products are after market hop-ups. Plus on my buggy, I have blue screws and washers and graphite towers, so there is hardley any red on my car at all. Just the knuckles and 3 susp holders. Red & Blue look good together also.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Good point, makes sense. Any pics? Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.