Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cen matrix

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Hows it going andy? YOu need to bust out the 2wd again! You gonna go to that toys for tots race at TA?
Chris
Old 12-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey all I have a CEN Matrix buggy RTR and I have been reading on here and have been seeing a lot of talk about the cross pin upgrade, what is it? and I am going to start racing my matrix, are there any tips that I should do to set it up for racing like shock oil weight and diff oil.

thanks for the help
Old 12-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If the new RE-matrix is anything like andrew's or Gene's setup then I have the RE-matrix part deux as per parts & advice from Gene via e-mail and Andrew via seeing in person and mine is starting to take shape. Watch out Andy for me at the NitroPit challenge in febuary
Old 12-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

We have them in stock. The CEN cross pins are about $10, the Machine's Racing Products hardened cross pins are $39.99.
Use 5,000/5,000/,000

Call to order.
(941) 360-9270
Old 12-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Rookie

I might have been racing a Cen Matrix this year or even bought a new version of Cen but their customer support sucks. I would never buy a CEN anything for one reason before XMAS I was in the market for a new buggy. I do not use my credit card on line ever. PayPal or nothing which is good CEN advertises PayPal support. I emailed CEN Dec17,2007 about the email I should send the PayPal to and to this day no reply. I also sent them another email the following day asking if I should buy anything else from them still no reply. I was surprised they advertise great support "Or it is free" somehow I don't think there is a Pro Matrix on its way to me. On a side note my wife put a Sportwerks Turmoil under the tree. I havn't got it painted yet but I have done the motor break in and so far I am liking it in a big way. So if you you like poor customer service go Cen I even tried calling them but information has no number for them. So is my Matrix on its way? Or is your advertising BS. Customer support is everything and this is needed in this Hobby. Not saying the car is bad just the support " Or its Free".
Old 12-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I had trouble with them too but picked up the phone resolved everything.
Theyre cust. service was actually very good..for me anyway. Ive since changed brands for various reasons.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dr. Lightspeed
I might have been racing a Cen Matrix this year or even bought a new version of Cen but their customer support sucks. I would never buy a CEN anything for one reason before XMAS I was in the market for a new buggy. I do not use my credit card on line ever. PayPal or nothing which is good CEN advertises PayPal support. I emailed CEN Dec17,2007 about the email I should send the PayPal to and to this day no reply. I also sent them another email the following day asking if I should buy anything else from them still no reply. I was surprised they advertise great support "Or it is free" somehow I don't think there is a Pro Matrix on its way to me. On a side note my wife put a Sportwerks Turmoil under the tree. I havn't got it painted yet but I have done the motor break in and so far I am liking it in a big way. So if you you like poor customer service go Cen I even tried calling them but information has no number for them. So is my Matrix on its way? Or is your advertising BS. Customer support is everything and this is needed in this Hobby. Not saying the car is bad just the support " Or its Free".
E-mailing is never the way to go. Either talk to a rep. on the phone or through PM's. CEN gets hundreds of e-mails a day. You called 1411 (the number here) about CEN? They might have Radioshack or Walgreens but I don't think CEN will be in there.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

CEN Racing 714-792-1923

and it says "guarantee PARTS support or its free"

Last edited by Robert.Hull; 12-30-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default part support

I also help out the guys that run the Matrix at our track. If someone needs something, there more than welcome to the parts that I have in my box. I truly am impressed with the product support that this compant cares about. They not only care about the product but the people that run there equipment. How many companies stress that they'll give you the part for free if they dont have it in stock? Not many...........Thanks Cen
Old 12-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 TO YOU GENE HICKERSON!
AND OF COURSE TO EVERYONE ALSO :d

Old 01-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Robert.Hull
CEN Racing 714-792-1923

and it says "guarantee PARTS support or its free"

Thanks for the number but it is not posted anywhere on your website or on your advertisements. Its all good but I have now seen the true side of this company. Coming on here reciting your advertisement did nothing. Let me show you how if I was intrested in a very dissastisfied customer I would have responded. "I'm very sorry no one got back to you we try to respond to our customers as fast as possible. If we could be of servcie to you please try calling our phone number 714-792-1923" btw i wanted to bring to your attention our add says " guarantee PARTS support or it is free" . Not the way you did it.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Dr.Lightspeed-I see today's PC society has turned you into a TRUE wussie.
Try emailing sportwerks and see what their response is.
Let me get this straight. Your wife didnt mind paying by card but you wanted CEN to jump through HOOPS that Sportwerks didnt have to?
So is this really a fair comparison?
I mean really. All I did was click www.cenracing.com
Then I clicked contact us and phone #'s were right there. Wow that was hard.
So again you wanted CEN to jump through hoops with Email(Which no one answers) and you werent smart enough to get their # and call them? I mean REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
Your wife was smart enough to visit a local shop (Sad they didnt carry CEN) and didnt mind using a card and your bitching because CEN didnt answer your email.
Amazing.
Well have a wonderful time with your sportswerks and when you want a car that performs great at a wonderful price with ACTUAL TEAM DRIVER support then look up CEN.
Please dont be a dummy and try and use Email again. It's a KNOWN fact that not many companies(Less than 5%) answer their emails due to the amount they get. While it would be nice if they did as a business owner I UNDERSTAND...You didnt think about that did you? Nope your in this society that would rather blame OTHERS for their mistake than themselves.
Kinda glad you didnt end up with a CEN and mess up the name with your stupidity.
Goodluck racing the Sportswerks that you didnt require the same requirements to get as you did CEN.
Yes I said it and damn proud I did. Sick of this crap.
P.S. The Number???
It's ALLLLLL OVERRRRRRRRR THE WEBSITE. You just werent smart enough to FIND IT. When it's about as simple as it can be to find.
Yaaaa I got mail,Yaaaaa I got mail.

Last edited by TexRacer; 01-06-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+1 texracer
Old 01-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Now back to a car with great support and even team drivers that make parts for the car to make it better. Hard to beat that kind of support.
I like my Matrix and will be ready for 2008 season VERY soon.
Thanks Gene and Andy for all the help in 2007.

Les
Old 01-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Angry

Is the type "S" chassis a direct add on? it is after all shorter, so do I have to get shorter CVD's?
Thanks for all your help.
By the way I love my CEN gear, it's top notch as far as I am concerned. I get a bit of smack talk from some of the racers in my club, like CEN SUCKS and crap like that. I don't even know half the guys who do it yet they feel they have the right to say some crappy stuff about my buggy. I paid good money for it and am damn proud of it too. It was by far the only one I wanted for the money and I am glad I got it!!!
One guy even had the nerve after asking if anyone had some buggy wheels to sell, I said yeah I have a new set of CEN. He says and I quote , "I don't want any CEN crap on my buggy!" THE NERVE, and get this he's one of the club presidents too.
I am new to this sport and am a pretty good driver to what I have seen, and I have to deal with loud mouthed (probably rich kids) talk poop about other people's rides. Get a life. If you had any idea what RC was about you would know that CEN has a kickass buggy, and an even better truggy!!
I just expected better of the other guys when I signed up for this hobby, not back to high school shit!!! TICKS ME OFF!!!

PEACE CEN!!

Last edited by Tron 101; 01-08-2008 at 07:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.