Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jq vs kyosho

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 05:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Jq vs kyosho

As said in another thread i have no money for a kit.at the moment i believe that the jq rtr and the kyosho mp9 tki3 readyset are the two best rtrs on the market at the moment.which one of these two vehicles are better overall. If there is any other rtr which is better than these two please tell me i will take it into consideration.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by justin9900
As said in another thread i have no money for a kit.at the moment i believe that the jq rtr and the kyosho mp9 tki3 readyset are the two best rtrs on the market at the moment.which one of these two vehicles are better overall. If there is any other rtr which is better than these two please tell me i will take it into consideration.

rtr is not a right choice for me.... i would wait to earn some extra money and then buy a kit..
you could start with a barely used engine and a pair of used servos... to save money..

but answering your question.....
you can not compare JQ with KYOSHO..... kyosho is better BY FAR
Old 11-16-2015, 07:23 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by fotispao
rtr is not a right choice for me.... i would wait to earn some extra money and then buy a kit..
you could start with a barely used engine and a pair of used servos... to save money..

but answering your question.....
you can not compare JQ with KYOSHO..... kyosho is better BY FAR
Kyosho rtr cars are not that good unless u upgrade it to the kit spec. After a small fortune of course.

I would save and buy a kit or gently used roller like stated above. Don't waste money to on a rtr. Kyosho also has the most world's championships wit their buggy

Any buggy can be competitive in the rite hands. My buddy races losi buggy & truggy their fast and strong!
Old 11-16-2015, 05:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Some people say jq is better some people say kyosho is better .still don't know which to buy.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

JQ is definately better..
first you got more warranty if something is wrong + some team help
secondly, the parts have the same spec as the full spec race cars and are really strong
+ can be easier upgraded at wish
Kyosho is real rtr and will drive ok first few days and than degrade
Old 11-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Buying ready to run is like throwing money into the toilet.
Then after a short while, you will have to upgrade to an actual kit anyway, once you discover RTR is worthless.

If you want to be stubborn, and insist on buying RTR, go ahead. But what you will discover is engines don't run right, pull-start always failing (either string, or one-way-bearing), engines eat glow plugs, sub-standard quality of plastics on all essential pieces, and things like shock towers are simple stamped thin-sheet aluminum and will bend if you look at it in anger.

Do not fall for the temptation and buy a ready-to-replace, save your pennies until you can afford a real race car.
Otherwise, there is only one possible outcome - you realize you've thrown money down the toilet and will never recover it.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Second that..
there are many good second hand cars on the market, which will last longer in the end
perhaps not Kyosho, but a lot of good JQ..

Last edited by speedy2; 11-18-2015 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

WOW! You guys are such a buzz kill for someone starting into the hobby/sport. Saying that a RTR is junk for someone on a limited budget just turns them away from spending and supporting the hobby/sport. I run a TKI3 Ready Set and it may not come with all the top of the line parts, it is a great way to get started. I believe Justin may be like many of us entering on the club level. Not everyone has over a grand to start, and yes parts break and need to be upgraded, both RTR's have excellent potential. I have broken some parts, and always search for the best price to upgrade. Amain has a great points system, when used right saves tons of money. I have been to my local track on practice days, and while not totally broken in all the way yet, I can run with much more expensive kits, by turning throttle down and just LOTS of patience and practice.
When I did have lots of money I would have gone the kit way too. But after time, and career changes the RTR was my best way to start. Heck back when I did make a great living I built some awesome full size 4x4 trucks that most of you would get embarrassed to even think about staging up to. Justin didn't elaborate on what his intentions were with his new buggy choice. At least he didn't try to go electric
Old 11-17-2015, 11:59 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rodl
WOW! You guys are such a buzz kill for someone starting into the hobby/sport. Saying that a RTR is junk for someone on a limited budget just turns them away from spending and supporting the hobby/sport. I run a TKI3 Ready Set and it may not come with all the top of the line parts, it is a great way to get started. I believe Justin may be like many of us entering on the club level. Not everyone has over a grand to start, and yes parts break and need to be upgraded, both RTR's have excellent potential. I have broken some parts, and always search for the best price to upgrade. Amain has a great points system, when used right saves tons of money. I have been to my local track on practice days, and while not totally broken in all the way yet, I can run with much more expensive kits, by turning throttle down and just LOTS of patience and practice.
When I did have lots of money I would have gone the kit way too. But after time, and career changes the RTR was my best way to start. Heck back when I did make a great living I built some awesome full size 4x4 trucks that most of you would get embarrassed to even think about staging up to. Justin didn't elaborate on what his intentions were with his new buggy choice. At least he didn't try to go electric

There is an amazing classifieds section here, with tremendous deals on very low run time cars, and even some are ARTR for a solid price. That is a much better option for a new person, than to have to double spend on a "RTR" level car.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rodl
WOW! You guys are such a buzz kill for someone starting into the hobby/sport. Saying that a RTR is junk for someone on a limited budget just turns them away from spending and supporting the hobby/sport
Losi are offering the 8ight 3.0 for $279. Much better than an RTR.
Novarossi Top Elite 5 can be had on a certain website for $130. We are now talking $400 for car and engine, much better quality than any RTR.
Then you can go on Ebay and buy a 2nd hand Spektrum DX3C for $40, and buy the OrangeRX receivers off hobbyking for $8 a pop.
We are now at $450 US dollars.

Then proceed to purchase two hitec 9465 servos for $75 each. We are now at $600 and you have a complete engine/radio setup, minus pipe and starter box.

The question then becomes: why on earth buy RTR when you can buy quality items for the exact same price?
Old 11-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Socket
There is an amazing classifieds section here, with tremendous deals on very low run time cars, and even some are ARTR for a solid price. That is a much better option for a new person, than to have to double spend on a "RTR" level car.
That is solid advice, and if I would do it all over again I probably would go this route too. But let's say he is new to the hobby... A new factory assembled RTR is a good choice also. All I have done is fluid changes (diffs and shocks), replace the front shock tower and steering servo, plus a cheapo charger and rec batteries + a few spare plugs and tire sets, your ready to play or have a decent start at club level.
Not one of you here went out and built or bought a buggy, and went racing without breaking parts. Nor did anyone get up on the stand a win like Tebo or Drake. You gotta start somewhere.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Eivind E
Losi are offering the 8ight 3.0 for $279. Much better than an RTR.
Novarossi Top Elite 5 can be had on a certain website for $130. We are now talking $400 for car and engine, much better quality than any RTR.
Then you can go on Ebay and buy a 2nd hand Spektrum DX3C for $40, and buy the OrangeRX receivers off hobbyking for $8 a pop.
We are now at $450 US dollars.

Then proceed to purchase two hitec 9465 servos for $75 each. We are now at $600 and you have a complete engine/radio setup, minus pipe and starter box.

The question then becomes: why on earth buy RTR when you can buy quality items for the exact same price?
He may not have the skills or beginner knowledge to shop these choice parts. Beginning in the hobby, he will learn where to get good deals with time.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

It's a choice to make ..
I know rtr seems good value for beginners, but I saw they can leave a bad taste too, if one can't cope with them
Be able to sell it after progressing, is also a challenge I guess
the trottle servo may be real cheap for beginning
second hand engines can be as challenging sometimes as rtr engines, so should be purchased at someone who will help you