Default Hara quits SWorks

http://www.neobuggy.net/2015/10/30/h...ce=twitterfeed
Old 10-30-2015, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hope they let him down easy
Old 10-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

wow what happened?
I thought he was in charge of redesigning the car?
Old 10-30-2015, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Wow! I hope that the Sworkz name doesn't go downhill because of it. They were slowly building up their reputation......well, up until around during the worlds. They need another big name driver to fill the void. Sad news for Sworkz. I hope amain still carries all the parts tho.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think Hara might sign with Kyosho and take Kanai's position as 1/8 designer.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neesh View Post
Wow! I hope that the Sworkz name doesn't go downhill because of it. They were slowly building up their reputation......well, up until around during the worlds. They need another big name driver to fill the void. Sad news for Sworkz. I hope amain still carries all the parts tho.
I don't know the details of the contract but Hara san leaving might mean less money to spend. But without that halo the brand might fade a little.

Originally Posted by RCMamba View Post
You don't need to be a special one of a kind genius to design a RC car, Physics are the same regardless of scale but an acute sense of observation, ingenuity and a bit of suspension knowledge go a long way to make a good RC car. Does he have what it takes? Possibly. Will he do it and where? I don't know but wish him all the best.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

I have an idea, lets fire the most successful desgner in the industry and replace him with a high dollar guy that has never designed a car!
I dont run Kyosho but dude.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maxflo777 View Post
I have an idea, lets fire the most successful desgner in the industry and replace him with a high dollar guy that has never designed a car!
I dont run Kyosho but dude.
There is something called retirement which the majority of elders do once they reach a certain age. Thats what I meant. BTW I'm not the only talking about that occuring, look on neobuggiy article. dude
Old 10-30-2015, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

BTW it a poll NeoBuggy is doing and guess what the majority of racers chose, you gussed it Hara taking Kanai's position.

Join Kyosho take Kanai's role 37.42%

Return to HB/ HPI 22.8%

Chill for a few months, then win 2016 Worlds 12.9%

Revive JQ Racing's fortunes 12.69%

Start his own company 10.11%

Join forces with Maxima & build a car 4.08%
Old 10-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

BTW it a poll NeoBuggy is doing and guess what the majority of racers chose, you gussed it Hara taking Kanai's position.

Join Kyosho take Kanai's role 37.42%

Return to HB/ HPI 22.8%

Chill for a few months, then win 2016 Worlds 12.9%

Revive JQ Racing's fortunes 12.69%

Start his own company 10.11%

Join forces with Maxima & build a car 4.08%
All of those are wildly unrealistic and speculative suggestions.
The guy hasn't designed a car ever.. keep that word in mind, "ever". What on earth would make anyone think he's this super designer that will just walk into Kyosho and start cranking out cars? Please keep some remote sense of realism, even if this is the internet.
People for some reason want to give him this huge credit for things that went on at HB, but keep in mind that Mr. Deguzman is a highly educated aircraft design engineer who has worked on designing jet aircraft for Samsung. From what I understand he values the input that the Tessmanns give him, and that's what has resulted in this highly competitive car.

In terms of finances I don't think there's much chance of a Hara return to HB unless someone already with HB decided to leave, and even then I think they would be more likely to just promote one of the other potential starlets they have within the team already, like Tanner Stees who's a really capable driver even if he is just a young boy.

From what I understand Hara earns quite well, meaning, his wages are an obstacle to any company who would potentially want to sign him to drive their cars.

So, to sum it up, I think none of these alternatives are realistic. None of them will happen.
Well, I wouldn't put it past him to win or finish top three at the worlds. Even with a storebought car.
But none of those other speculations are possible. There's a higher likelihood of JQ's crowdfunding reaching $90,000 (it's now at 1500 at this rate it would take 25 years for that to happen.. LOL) and him signing Kanai than any of the other options
Old 10-31-2015, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 30Tooth View Post
I don't know the details of the contract but Hara san leaving might mean less money to spend. But without that halo the brand might fade a little.

You don't need to be a special one of a kind genius to design a RC car, Physics are the same regardless of scale but an acute sense of observation, ingenuity and a bit of suspension knowledge go a long way to make a good RC car. Does he have what it takes? Possibly. Will he do it and where? I don't know but wish him all the best.
I didn't realise he had any Engineering Design experience or qualifications? Anyway, sit him down in front of Soildworks or Catia, give him a few books on vehicle dynamics, geometric tolerancing of engineering drawings and (if necessary) one on design for injection moulding and he should be absolutely fine.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:26 AM
Tech Initiate

I think it's a good thing.Hara was a great pilot but now there are young people who are much stronger.I think sworkz take another great driver
Old 10-31-2015, 05:49 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AntH3000 View Post
I didn't realise he had any Engineering Design experience or qualifications? Anyway, sit him down in front of Soildworks or Catia, give him a few books on vehicle dynamics, geometric tolerancing of engineering drawings and (if necessary) one on design for injection moulding and he should be absolutely fine.
If it were that easy, then companies wouldn't be using the Center/B5M/yz2 to just copy. As well as the Mugen and the HB...
Old 10-31-2015, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I think this is a great move for Hara. This car is just not on pace at the world level. You don't go from winning the world's in 2010, 2nd in 2012 to not even being on the map at the 2014 worlds with Sworkz. He has struggled everywhere he has raced with the Sworkz. He had trouble being on pace when he raced locally in Taiwan. Races that he ran away with running other cars during his testing period were a struggle the next year with Sworkz.

I wish him good luck and I think this is the best move for him. Also, how do you that Hara has no design experience. He could have a master's degree in engineering and be the perfect fit for Kyosho. He could also be great with JQ. JQ and him are good friends. I really hope he shows up at DNC with a Competitive car and shows everyone he is fast.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wasn't so much quitting or being fired... his contract was up and he chose not to renew it... but I agree, he will be better off going to a different company.

Kyosho needs to bring out something new lol they have been running the same design for a long time (not that there is something wrong with that, theyre proof of, if it aint broke, don't fix it). but they need something to spice up their 1/8 market, and Hara could bring them that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.