Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hara quits SWorks

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

shit happens, he flamed out in his main I think? trying to go 10 minutes, you can't make the finals with a flameout..
Old 11-02-2015, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
All of those are wildly unrealistic and speculative suggestions.
The guy hasn't designed a car ever.. keep that word in mind, "ever". What on earth would make anyone think he's this super designer that will just walk into Kyosho and start cranking out cars? Please keep some remote sense of realism, even if this is the internet.
People for some reason want to give him this huge credit for things that went on at HB, but keep in mind that Mr. Deguzman is a highly educated aircraft design engineer who has worked on designing jet aircraft for Samsung. From what I understand he values the input that the Tessmanns give him, and that's what has resulted in this highly competitive car.

In terms of finances I don't think there's much chance of a Hara return to HB unless someone already with HB decided to leave, and even then I think they would be more likely to just promote one of the other potential starlets they have within the team already, like Tanner Stees who's a really capable driver even if he is just a young boy.

From what I understand Hara earns quite well, meaning, his wages are an obstacle to any company who would potentially want to sign him to drive their cars.

So, to sum it up, I think none of these alternatives are realistic. None of them will happen.
Well, I wouldn't put it past him to win or finish top three at the worlds. Even with a storebought car.
But none of those other speculations are possible. There's a higher likelihood of JQ's crowdfunding reaching $90,000 (it's now at 1500 at this rate it would take 25 years for that to happen.. LOL) and him signing Kanai than any of the other options

Hara worked with Josh Alton at HB, not Deguzman.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Greg B
Hara worked with Josh Alton at HB, not Deguzman.
Hara left HB in 2013. Torrance joined HB in 2010.

HTH
Old 11-03-2015, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Let me rephrase. Hara worked with Alton on the D8 design. Hara didn't care for the new design from my understanding. Hara was with Alton for several years at HB and shared more years together than with Deguzman.

I believe Hara will have to find some sort of job inside the RC industry. Hara isn't getting any younger so the racing has to suffer somewhat.

It's been a trickle down effect in the RC industry. Hard to spend big money when you're not making it.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

I personally wasn't too surprised by Hara's results with the sworkz because if you look at Hara's results over his career he doesn't have the best results in 1/8 scale. He has done VERY well at the world championships but i cant think of any other "BIG" race where he finished inside the top 5 and many times doesn't make the A. I am not taking anything away from him as a driver because he is amazing and still one of the best all around drivers ever, but i think his world championship finishes skew people expectations of him.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AntH3000
JQ has a university degree in mechanical engineering. Hara is an asset as a development driver and promo, like Adam Drake, not as a design engineer.
From my understanding of it, Adam all but designed the 8ight all on his own. He can probably design a better car than most students fresh out of an engineering school. He is not the racer he once was, but he is still one of the best out there. Give him the credit of at least knowing how to design a darn good car.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jaymancd
From my understanding of it, Adam all but designed the 8ight all on his own. He can probably design a better car than most students fresh out of an engineering school. He is not the racer he once was, but he is still one of the best out there. Give him the credit of at least knowing how to design a darn good car.
I didn't mean to be derogatory, I think he seems like a top guy, hence using him as an example. I think what I described is his role at Mugen? I always find it equally amusing and offensive when people come up with a theory of what they think 'Design Enginering' is. So for the TLR he drew on CAD, toleranced assembly and component drawings for all parts, selected their surface finishes, materials and selected / worked out manufacture methods. He also designed the driveline including conducting complex gear stress calculations or modelling? ....and that is just a few examples of Engineering Design tasks involved in 'Designing' a high end rc car. I could go on....
Old 11-03-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hara will be running the Charisma 4XS for a single race. Who knows from there. My thought is they hired him to run the car and give feedback.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaymancd
You should ask Drake. I know I did, and the response I got was awesome. It also isn't what you posted here.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AntH3000
I didn't mean to be derogatory, I think he seems like a top guy, hence using him as an example. I think what I described is his role at Mugen? I always find it equally amusing and offensive when people come up with a theory of what they think 'Design Enginering' is. So for the TLR he drew on CAD, toleranced assembly and component drawings for all parts, selected their surface finishes, materials and selected / worked out manufacture methods. He also designed the driveline including conducting complex gear stress calculations or modelling? ....and that is just a few examples of Engineering Design tasks involved in 'Designing' a high end rc car. I could go on....
I understand what it takes and what he did on the engineering side (I am working on getting an engineering degree currently). He took a lot of time and effort to make a good car. And thats what I was saying.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For one race only.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:18 AM
JQ
Tech Master

So much knowledge being dropped in this thread! ;-)
Old 11-04-2015, 03:04 AM
Tech Addict

form observation and seeing as he did do some driving with the JQ and what was mentioned friends wise.. wishful but it would be great to see him on JQ BUT realistically Kyosho..

you cant live on a shoe string wage lol.. i felt that he wasnt too happy with what he tried with the Sworks.. shame but hey great things to come for a driver like him.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
So much knowledge being dropped in this thread! ;-)
He already has a painted body...sign him up.