Like Tree44Likes

Associated RC8T3

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-19-2016, 08:08 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Associated RC8T3
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: sbrewer
Since I don't have one of these yet, Here is the wikipost for those in the know to post all the important info on the truggy!!http://https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/RC8T3/setup_sheets/RC8T3_2016_Rivkin_DNC.pdf

Print Wikipost

Old 08-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Tried this on the B3 Facebook page with very little answers. I have a T3 & a B3 that no matter what I do I can’t prevent air from being sucked into the shock bodies. This happens even with the cap off. New o rings (factory and aftermarket) new bushings machined and the black ones that come with the kit. Several sets of each over the last couple of months. Going broke on shock rebuild kits and bushings. Ready to just give up on the whole deal. Been trying to get ahold of associated for a week now with null responses.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petersen114 View Post
Tried this on the B3 Facebook page with very little answers. I have a T3 & a B3 that no matter what I do I canít prevent air from being sucked into the shock bodies. This happens even with the cap off. New o rings (factory and aftermarket) new bushings machined and the black ones that come with the kit. Several sets of each over the last couple of months. Going broke on shock rebuild kits and bushings. Ready to just give up on the whole deal. Been trying to get ahold of associated for a week now with null responses.
AE is moving to a new location. That's why you haven't been able to contact them. They should be back to normal soon.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petersen114 View Post
Tried this on the B3 Facebook page with very little answers. I have a T3 & a B3 that no matter what I do I can’t prevent air from being sucked into the shock bodies. This happens even with the cap off. New o rings (factory and aftermarket) new bushings machined and the black ones that come with the kit. Several sets of each over the last couple of months. Going broke on shock rebuild kits and bushings. Ready to just give up on the whole deal. Been trying to get ahold of associated for a week now with null responses.
If you can find a super thin washer to fit the bottom of the shock bodies, it will help compress the o rings tighter.

Build them with green slime also. I let the o rings sit in a bag with slime till I am ready to use them.

I'm not on the B3 FB pages, all the good questions or even known issues get no response. But when the user screws up, you'll see 25 comments..
petersen114 likes this.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Has anyone tried the imbue x rings? Looking for feedback on them.
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Torian4000 View Post
I had my first race with the truck this past weekend. I did all the DNC mods and put Cavs Silverstate setup on it with a few changes. Only issue I had was the rear camber link pulled out and stripped the plastic. I grabbed some Mugen MBX7TR links and ends, put them on and solved that problem. Overall I was very impressed with the truck. Here's a short vid of me drving it. (Green with Yellow Wheels)

https://youtu.be/UDdiSNA9XOw
That track is awesome!!