Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 4.0 buggy ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
People art asketh Losi doth changeth from their full retard SAE hardware. For they doth not asketh for thou art simple solution, unless thou art the decision maker at Losi, in which case, yes, thereth is a simple solution. Changeth thy hardware to metric.

Some things we don't use no more cos they are are outdated and frankly, a pain in the arse, like SAE and ye olde english
Well said sir.....i think.....im not sure what u said but i think i like it
Old 09-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigalila
Another solution... Go through the manual and buy all the screw lengths in metric. You could get every screw for the car for less than $10 on eBay or many other places. I have put a few metric screws in my Losi when I needed a screw and didn't have it in my box. They worked like a charm. Don't see why you couldn't do it to the whole car.
Into plastic, sure, into alloy, not so much, unless the thread is the same (unlikely) it wont go in.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
People art asketh Losi doth changeth from their full retard SAE hardware. For they doth not asketh for thou art simple solution, unless thou art the decision maker at Losi, in which case, yes, thereth is a simple solution. Changeth thy hardware to metric.

Some things we don't use no more cos they are are outdated and frankly, a pain in the arse, like SAE and ye olde english
Wow real mature biginjapan. Once again simple solution don't run as you call it full retard SAE hardware or losi products. People like you kill me with your mindless post trying to make a stupid point.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by motoclay
Still 500 at amain...be sweet if it was this year but I have my doubts
Strange that the losi 8ight 3.0 Kit still costs $599 (£385 GBP) in the US and it only costs £232 ($360 USD) without the UK VAT included in the uk

It most be about the only thing in the world that costs less in the UK then it does in the US..
Old 09-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buster8787
I'm not beggin (begging), bitchen (bitching) or moanin (moaning). I was wondering if a new car was coming out between now and April for two reasons. Snow is going to start flying here soon, the dollar in Canada is around 30% right now. Which means for me to buy $100 US money right now costs me $130 Canadian. Kind of steep. Also, if I were to buy a 3.0 right now it wouldn't be on a track until April which means my brand new 3.0 would be out dated before it turns a lap. So I don't think anybody was beggin, they just started to use this thread as a bit of a sounding board.
I guess you northerners don't get the reference. The thread was started, asking about when it would come out. Then it became a bitch fest of SAE vs metric. You bring into the equation of crap, how much the exchange rates are and the snow fall in Canada....

And California is in a drought and dealing with wild fires. Maybe that is playing a factor as to why we have not herd or seen any news on a new buggy...

you got 3 options.
1. Sell your stuff and wait till the new one comes out.
2. Keep whatcha ( that is slang for " What You" by the way) got and wait it out.
3. Go to another company. AE just released a new buggy so I doubt another will come out for a couple years..
Old 09-20-2015, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jerm13
I guess you northerners don't get the reference. The thread was started, asking about when it would come out. Then it became a bitch fest of SAE vs metric. You bring into the equation of crap, how much the exchange rates are and the snow fall in Canada....

And California is in a drought and dealing with wild fires. Maybe that is playing a factor as to why we have not herd or seen any news on a new buggy...

you got 3 options.
1. Sell your stuff and wait till the new one comes out.
2. Keep whatcha ( that is slang for " What You" by the way) got and wait it out.
3. Go to another company. AE just released a new buggy so I doubt another will come out for a couple years..
This is why I started this thread. I didn't want to buy a brand new 3.0 now, and in say March, a new car comes out. It's also not a good time to buy a car in Canada, and I illustrated it. I was wondering if anybody had heard footsteps of a new buggy. That's all, I wasn't try to pick a fight.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhold87
Wow real mature biginjapan. Once again simple solution don't run as you call it full retard SAE hardware or losi products. People like you kill me with your mindless post trying to make a stupid point.
Cliffs: Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Old 09-21-2015, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Jerm13;14189070]Next year, around the worlds time frame. [QUOTE]

This is why I started this thread. I didn't want to buy a brand new 3.0 now, and in say March, a new car comes out. It's also not a good time to buy a car in Canada, and I illustrated it. I was wondering if anybody had heard footsteps of a new buggy. That's all, I wasn't try to pick a fight.
I refer you back to my original post...

It will be just like when the 2.0 came out. And then Hara won with a $300 CAR ( so he says). Hobby shops couldn't keep a HB in stock for more than an hour

No fight picked. Just a good conversational disagreement of agreements
Old 09-22-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=Jerm13;14192441][QUOTE=Jerm13;14189070]Next year, around the worlds time frame.

I refer you back to my original post...

It will be just like when the 2.0 came out. And then Hara won with a $300 CAR ( so he says). Hobby shops couldn't keep a HB in stock for more than an hour

No fight picked. Just a good conversational disagreement of agreements
I'd love to see a race like the old IROC series. All exactly the same car. Pick it up 10 mins before the race.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Just heard here at a big race not to look for anything till after the first of the year, but it is coming!
Old 09-24-2015, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Something is coming because my local hobby shop was just offered 3.0 nitro kits to sell for under 400$
Old 09-25-2015, 09:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by motoclay
Lol are we really discussing metric vs standard??? There is zero difference in how they hold a car together. And if you have been racing Losi you already have the tools which is no issue....sooooo, if we talking new TLR car, what about updated shocks, geometries, revolutionary development!!?? Something actually helps improve on track performance.....sorry, but what hardware is used to hold it together means squat
here here
Old 09-27-2015, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well said sir. Ill wait. 3.0 is still a great chassis. And i want my 15 minutes back for reading a pointless tiff on kit hardware.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Tech Rookie

The 8 3.0 kit is now £239 on Wireless Madness! (Can't post URLs yet!)
Old 10-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

I won't be racing my 1/8 scale until April next year so I guess I can wait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.